Survive the Night discussion

Forests > Fairy Woods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Winter Rose Phantom (last edited Mar 28, 2012 01:56PM) (new)

Winter Rose Phantom | 946 comments Mod
Beware the tricksters of the night. The fairies roam these dark shrouded woods only to remove the belongings if travelers who were not smart enough to lock up their items of worth. The moss on the ground gives off a sickly green light to give travelers some leeway.

Syria looked around the area as she heard noises in the woods. She held her belongings close and continued to march forward carefully. The glowing moss on the ground helped her get through the forest trails without too much difficulty. The worst part about having to live in the forest though, was being unable to take a simple bath without freezing. So she didn't do so often and her hair was covered with dirt, which covered the sheer whiteness of her long locks.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia sat up in a tree, a talent she had acquired as a young child. She looked down at the glowing ground, watching the shadows of unseen beings dance. She held her sword in hand, prepared in case one of those shadows decided to target her.

Syria stalked through the forest as she looked for a place to sleep during the sleeping hours.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia watched the shadows slowly stop moving before she dropped to the ground.

She tread carefully through the brush and trees, occasionally stepping on some branches.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia heard a rustling to her right and raised her sword defensively. She remained silent, ignoring the glow reflected in the cool metal of her weapon.

Syria paused, not moving at all, she listened to the sounds that the forest was making.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

She silently moved forward, seeming to glide over the fallen branches and leaves.

Syria started moving again, more carefully. She tread lightly and walked along the moss line.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

She listened carefully, much more intent on the shadows. She froze whenever she saw one move, and carefully studied her surroundings.

Syria's shadow extended due to the low glowing light of the moss.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia saw one shadow in particular that looked suspicious to her. She froze, watching it with interest.

She paused and looked around the area, assessing her surroundings.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

She silently followed the shadow's length, heading toward the source, her sword drawn.

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Peper (seathethescaleless) | 19 comments Matt ran around as a white wolf.

Syria didn't move, she heard something approaching her and she silently knocked an arrow.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia held her sword in front of her, pausing near a tree to study the person in front of her.

Her eyes flickered back and forth, trying to see if the person who was approaching was an immediate threat.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"You know, in this place one learns to expect fairies." Adalia stepped from the protection of the tree.

"I've been living here most of my life. I always know to expect them." She said calmly, lowering the bow to her side.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

She nodded slightly, her eyes guarded. "I haven't seen many tonight," she said, sheathing her sword. However, she kept her hand on the hilt.

"True, that being said, it's kind of odd...isn't it?" She asked.

message 24: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) | 60 comments Akuma sat perched in a tree her hair falling down her back. Her dog Ty and cat Pixie were both sleeping at the base of the tree curled up together theyre fur mingling together. She lifted her red eyes from her pets and up over the forest humming to herself as she sighed thinking about her job.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"They're up to something. We can't know what until it's over."

Syria nodded. "I know. I just can't shake the feeling that something extremely bad is going to happen." She paused. "The last time they did this...they ended up sending everyone in these woods to the Cursed Woods." She shivered. "I really don't like that place. There are Living Trees and Shadow Crawlers every where..."

message 27: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) | 60 comments Akuma heard Voices and shifted so she was sitting and swinging her legs. she leaned against the tree trunk and started singing quietly and to herself

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia nodded slightly. "It might be best to travel to Tirierrah before they reappear."

"I agree." She said.

The creaking of old branches could be heard in the distance, the trees started to shift in odd ways.

message 30: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) | 60 comments Akuma sighed and jumped down from the tree and nudged Ty and pixie with her foot "lets go guys" she said and strted walking when thye stood up

message 31: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 15 comments Axel slept under a tree as a fairy tried to sneak into his bag. He grabbed it and looked at it curiously, then watched it fly away when he let it go, the small creature obviously terrified.

message 32: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) | 60 comments Ty and pixie chased eachother around. Akuma laughed her voice carrying in the woods as Ty popped out from behind a tree and scared pixie making her hiss in shock

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia looked up at the sky before looking towards the trees. "Due north, I believe."

Syria nodded."Yes, i believe so as well."

The creaking of the trees grew louder and Syria reached for the dagger at her waist.

message 35: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Peper (seathethescaleless) | 19 comments Matt sat in a tree as a human but with wolf ears.

message 36: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) | 60 comments Akuma looked around her hands in her pockets

message 37: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 15 comments Axel got up as he yawned tiredly, then felt something crawl into his shoulder. It was a small black and white mouse. "Oh, hey Ruru," he handed him a small almond which the mouse took eagerly and ate, making Axel smiled softly as he stroked his head.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia drew her sword, watching the trees warily as she began walking forward.

Syria walked forward as well. "The forest is coming alive."

The branches shifted.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"I've noticed," she said wryly. "How exactly do you fight trees?"

"Well, I've had to burn a few before, but if you can hit the roots that fly at you in the center, they'll be severed off. But I wouldn't reccommend doing that." She said, frowning. "Because the last time I did...more grew right away...." Sh gave a half sheepish smile. "But I think that if you hit the roots at the base, the tree will be injured and stop attacking, or attack more... i don't know..."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Great!" She gave a false, wide smile. "Attacking trees. I guess you see something new every day."

"Nah, these Living Trees are everywhere, the just are more active here..." She said looking around, watching the Trees' movements. "I've also heard that..." Her right hand started to glow an Ice blue. "If you freeze them...they shrivel up and die."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, nice piece of information, but I don't happen to have ice handy right now." Adalia watched her hand curiously.

message 45: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 15 comments When Axel heard about the ice and the trees, he was attacked, grabbing a root that whipped at him and let froze the entire thing. He watched it shrivel up and disappear, an emotionless look on his face as he walked past the two girls.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia watched Axel for a moment before turning back north, sword drawn.

message 47: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 15 comments Axel laid under a different tree, closing his eyes as he fell asleep. The small mouse climbed and curled up in his white hair, falling asleep also.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Curiosity quickly got in the way of self preservation, and she wandered back, going in the direction Axel had. When she came upon him, she sat a good distance away, watching him curiously.

Syria channeled her power in to the arrows that she held. The creaking got louder, finally the trees all attacked at once, going for all of the visitors in the forest, nicking every one of them somewhere, drawing blood.

((Just to let you all know, The Living Trees frenzy at the scent of blood.))

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Adalia cried out and quickly stood. She attempted to attack a trunk, remembering what Syria had said about the branches, sincerely hoping that it wouldn't make them angrier than they were.

« previous 1 3