Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trey (new)

Trey Meier reading is not fun not jking

Glennamargaret In general? Or this book?

I would think that you would like reading if you had a goodreads account...

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Glennamargaret wrote: "In general? Or this book?

I would think that you would like reading if you had a goodreads account..."

Yeah, I don't get this either? Goodreads is about people who thoroughly enjoy reading. Now, if you are just talking about P&P, keep going it gets better. Reading the classics is more challenging than modern fiction but part of the reward in reading the classics is tackling the more difficult text, vocabulary, and sentence structure.

Lauren Reading is great; you just have to find the right genre to suit you :)

Pride and Prejudice is a truly unforgettable experience, but you need to read it when you’re ready to appreciate the subtle themes and beautiful prose. If reading, in general, is a struggle then try stick to easier narrative and tackle the big ‘P and P’ when you feel equipped for it. Good luck :)

Olivia Reading is my favorite thing to do. I absolutely love it. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorites. I love the classics but P and P takes 'classic' to a whole other level.

Licha What exactly about reading is it that you don't like? The sit-down, quiet-time of it? Not understanding the story? I am a little surprised that you would be on this site if you do not like reading. I can't think of anything I would rather do. You experience so many things you may never experience otherwise. You learn so much also. Books can be taken anywhere and read anywhere. I will accompany anyone anywhere because I can always read while I wait. You will always find a book in my hand. I have been reading ever since I can remember. Find the right book and maybe you'll see what all the fuss is about.

Charles I'mm very distressed to find it has gotten difficult to read. I used to be in the business. I read five novels a week for years. How did I do that? I want want want to read. Is it just the tiny type? The inability to concentrate? To enter new worlds? I suppose if I knew that I'd know why people read in the first place.