The Clave discussion

Welcome to the Clave > Opinions on Jamie Campbell and Lily Collins City of Bones movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 781 (781 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Sophie_cesca (new)

Sophie_cesca (sophiecesca) | 37 comments Personally I think Jamie Campbell's too babyfaced for the role, though I do adore his personality and acting skills (I also think he's fit, but no-ones Jace fit ;) minus Alex pettyfer ;)xxxx). Lily Collins, I like her, though less pouty as Clary's the 'Ididn'trealiseIwasthatpretty' kind of girl.

OPinions bumpkins? ;)

P.S.
nice to meet everyone, I'm new :)xxxx

message 2: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Zolfaghari | 14 comments I agree wholeheartedly with your opinions on both! Jace is an ideal and although noone will perfectly match our imaginings I do believe they could have found someone better suited to the role! Twilight films ruined the books for me, really hoping that doesn't happen with TMI as they are my favourite along with ID <3

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Jamie is good enough for Jace, but I do agree with you on your opinion about Lily Collins, to me Clary seems okay in the books, Lily is really pretty.

message 4: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments I totally agree with you, Jamie isn't that bad looking... but he is not good enough for Jace. And i like Lily as Clary, it's pretty much how i pictured Clary anyways. I am really excited to see who plays Magnus. And I really hope that the movies are as good as the books

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I just hope Criss Angel doesn't play Magnus!

message 6: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

Aycal Herondale (aycal) | 462 comments Mod
hey sophie! welcome to the clave! oh and thank you for this post btw :)

i think both of them are ok but i think they could've did a better job with it. i am not entirely convinced that lily collins can act as clary, but we will just have to wait and see. but jamie, i think if they do him up, he might work

message 7: by Christian (new)

Christian (thegorrilla1) | 86 comments So I was thinking Molly Quinn (of the TV show Castle fame). She has the red hair and I know she already voiced Clary for the audio books (at least COFA). I like her. I'm not sure about Jace. I don't think that Jamie Campbell Bower is it though.

message 8: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments i think Lilly Colins is perfect as Clary. wen i found out JCB would play jace i was disapointed until his interview on MTV. he looked HOT! he works out for the role. and his skin is golden! he says "I dont want to f##k up, opps sorry MTV." I thought hella yes! he can play Jace! lol! now i love him!:D

message 9: by Sophie_cesca (new)

Sophie_cesca (sophiecesca) | 37 comments Personally I really really REALLY wanted Deborah Ann Woll as Clary, have a look and see what you think ;)xxxx
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l67...

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/0...

message 10: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments Rania wrote: "i think Lilly Colins is perfect as Clary. wen i found out JCB would play jace i was disapointed until his interview on MTV. he looked HOT! he works out for the role. and his skin is golden! he says..."

OMG I WATCHED THAT TOO!
and yea i think he will be a good jace, also i saw a picture of him dressed in black with runes and he looked pretty jace-ish lol

message 11: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments i like him. his british accent is soo hott!!

message 12: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments Lol Rania DEFINITELY :)))

message 13: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments have you heard hes working out, and he was in his kitchen floor in a pool of his own sweat! *HOTT*

message 14: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments you just made me drool.....

message 15: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments lol. I know... :P

message 16: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments THANK YOU lol

message 17: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments ha ha your welcome! :D

message 18: by Christian (last edited Feb 22, 2012 09:40PM) (new)

Christian (thegorrilla1) | 86 comments So, I'm not sure if I want to post this, but I would feel remiss not to mention it. I found this and I was flabbergasted and didn't know what to think. But I say look.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/02/10/...

Sorry.

message 19: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments i cant open the link on my kindle. wat does it say?

message 20: by Christian (last edited Feb 22, 2012 11:45PM) (new)

Christian (thegorrilla1) | 86 comments It says that Screen Gems, who owns the rights and was putting the movie together has dropped the project. That doesn't mean it is dead, just in limbo for the time being. It was dated Feb. 12

message 21: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments I heard about that it hasnt beem dropped. the director dropped and now a new one will take his place. the movie is still on! Cassie said so on tweeter just going to take longer... they havnt even found the rest of the cast yet.

message 22: by Sophie_cesca (new)

Sophie_cesca (sophiecesca) | 37 comments Oh thank goddddd. don;t scare me like that ;) ahaha xxx

(P.s. if you want, could you check out my creative writing? http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...)

xxxxx

message 23: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments oh i have. nice work! ;)

message 24: by Christian (new)

Christian (thegorrilla1) | 86 comments So, from what I understand, here is the latest.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/the-mor...

Also, if you look at Jamie Campell Bowers and Lily Collins IMDB pages, they no longer list the Mortal Instruments. I've heard that Screen Gems may still get involved, but they want to see how the Hunger Games (another of their projects) does. The YA adaptations have been hit or miss. You have superstars like Harry Potter and Twilight, and then you Earagon, Percy jackson and I am Number Four which did not do well at the box office.

message 25: by Sophie_cesca (new)

Sophie_cesca (sophiecesca) | 37 comments Also I've noticed the mortal instruments has a date attached as 2012 on the IMBD page, but now it's gone to (????) :(x

message 26: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments im not panicing bc cassandra clare said its still on. she knows, they ask her oppinion on casting.

message 27: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

Omg i hope they still make the movie. Someone involved with the movie or something told fans to be patient, its coming. Fingers crossed guys. Lets keep oureyes wide open for any news.

message 28: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

Christian wrote: "So, from what I understand, here is the latest.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/the-mor...

Also, if you look at Jamie Campell Bowers and Lily Collins IMDB pages, they no ..."

There is some hope though. Because jamie said "all is good. Do not fear. X". İf they dontend up making the movieiwill cry.

message 29: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments Me to! this would be the best movie! the world needs to know about Shadowhunters, damn it! The ppl that dont read you know.

I can just imagen it. everyone loves the movie right until the end: like what the hell did i just watch.

Thats how i felt wen finding out they were brother and sister. lol I thought what the hell did i just read. I LOVED the first book right until the end.

message 30: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments same here, I was like "I can't believe this, they can never be together... but i must read more!"

message 31: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments Ya thats right! In the back of my head i thought, no way the author would never do that. I just didnt know how or wen we would find out. Amazing.!

message 32: by Jacelover (new)

Jacelover (TheWizard) | 625 comments I already knew that they weren"t bother and sister. Only because my friend can't keep her mouth shut when it comes to the mortal instruments.

message 33: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments Oh that sucks! :P

message 34: by Jacelover (new)

Jacelover (TheWizard) | 625 comments not realy it saved me alot of tears when Jace died in city of glass

message 35: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments She told you he doesnt die for real. well... i have to admit at that part i paniced and peeked to find out he doesnt really die. i couldnt help it! i love jace! D:

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly i wanted Alex Pettyfer to be Jace /:

message 37: by Aneta (new)

Aneta Bak | 223 comments OMG kelly me too! he would have been a waaay hotter jace, but jaimie isn't that bad...

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I know LIKE UGH! but yeah Jaimie isnt soo soo bad

message 39: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

alex pettyfer may be one hot actor, but when it comes to acting he isn't the best. he is just so fake, and you just know that his love isn't genuine. what i mean is he can't get into that character very well. we need a professional and good actor for jace. because it is going to take a hell of alot of talent to fill the spot we have for jace in our hearts, and with that i dont think alex is very fitting. just saying...

message 40: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 17 comments I hate that Jamie Campbell is playing jace

message 41: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

Ashlee wrote: "I hate that Jamie Campbell is playing jace"

at first i wasn't happy also, but now i am thinking maybe with makeup and editing he will be more of a jace. i hope

message 42: by Emma Rose (new)

Emma Rose | 604 comments i hope he will because he is not the jace i pictured in my head :(

message 43: by Aycal Herondale, Inquisitor (new)

Emma Rose wrote: "i hope he will because he is not the jace i pictured in my head :("

yeh same here. but let's just hope that the movie is going to happen first, then we can worry about jace. because *sniff* there is a chance that *gulp* the movie may be *in a whispered voice* cancelled. :'(

message 44: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments no there isnt Aycal. there will be a movie. come on people! sony is taking the role so i heard.. and a new derector. relax.

message 45: by Emma Rose (new)

Emma Rose | 604 comments Yay

message 46: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments cassie confirmed it on Twiter. : )

message 47: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I hope it doesnt take forever to come out

message 48: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments oh it will. Lol

message 49: by Emma Rose (new)

Emma Rose | 604 comments :(

message 50: by Rania (new)

Rania | 382 comments no worries as long as there making a movie im happy! lol:D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16