Insomnia Book Club discussion

Games > Guess That Book Quote!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Jennifer | 1553 comments Mod
This is a game Nafissatou.traore suggested for the book club. The object of the game is someone will post a quote from a book and then people guess what book that quote is from.

To start the game off here's a quote...

"If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you."

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments easy! dimitri talking to rose! the book (Vampire Academy, #1)

message 3: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Correct! lol

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
What a sick, masochistic lion.”

you got to know this one!

message 5: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

LOL Edward and Bella in Twilight!

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Yep! Correct!

message 7: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

"You know everyone loves to hate a happy pair of lovebirds."

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments P.c cast book? One of the house of night?!!!...

message 9: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Nope, try again, lol

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments (The Wolves of Mercy Falls)by Maggie Stiefvater????

you got to give me a hint??? pleassssss???

message 11: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Nope, lol. The book is one of those kind of books where people go back in time or travel in time, something like that.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Clock wire prince??

message 13: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

No. Hm. The cover of the book is done in colors such as a deep purple and black? It is a book you have read though.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Ummm ? The infernal devices? By Cassandra Clare!....

message 15: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Guess again, lol. The cover hasa girl on it. It's a YA book as well.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments The End of the Rainbow (Hudson #4)
by V.C. Andrews ???

message 17: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

No, but that's a good book.

message 19: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Lol.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments umm?Amaya?

message 21: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Yes?

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments This is hard!i think my brain will blowup! Can you give me another book quote! and let's just say that you win and I lose! 1/maya! 0/Nafi!

P.s can you make it easier to the slow brain of mine!?

message 23: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Lol, okay, how about this one...

"Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Hopefully that one will be easier.

message 24: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

Lucy AveAtqueVale (ashesaveatquevale) | 116 comments Mod
House of Night. :P As to which book. I have no clue. Lol. Grandma Redbird said it I think.

message 25: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Yup, lol, correct.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments “Did you see that dress?” "I saw the dress.” "Did you like it?” He didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Am I going to endanger my reputation if I wear it to the dance?” When he spoke, I could barely hear him. "You'll endanger the school.” I smiled and fell asleep.”

Lol!

message 27: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Is that from one of the Vampire Academy books?

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Yep!!! Lol demitri talking to rose I know I know I'm sooooo late!! Lol sory!! ;(. XD

message 29: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Haha, it's okay, so am I.

"Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire."

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments ummm??? HINT PLSSS???

message 31: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

message 32: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Hm, one of the Immortal Instruments or Infernal Devices books? :s

message 33: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

I won't blame you if you cheat, but, you'll probably kick yourself. Lol. It was made into a movie.

message 34: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Cheat o_o? Are you saying that those books are being turned into a movie or is the book in question being turned into a movie (the one where the quote u used came from)?

message 35: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

It's been a movie for quite some time.

message 36: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

hm.... o_o idk. can i ask if it's a popular movie?

message 37: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

I would say so. It's went from book to cartoon film then now is a motion picture with real life actors. You've seen it I'm sure. :)

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Ummm Cinderella (my mind is like blank...)

message 39: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Hm... was it "Blood" or "Beauty and the Beast"?

message 40: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

Getting close Jilly, it was a Disney movie. :)

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments Snow White?

message 42: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Mirror Mirror?

do you mean that Snow White and the Huntsman movie, nafi?

message 43: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

No, not Snow White.

message 45: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

You want I should just tell you?

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments ashes wrote: "You want I should just tell you?"

Tell us.. :)

message 47: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

Alice's Adventures in wonderland.

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 511 comments ashes wrote: "Alice's Adventures in wonderland."

What?? Really?

message 49: by Lucy, Alienophobia. (new)

The White Queen says it to Alice in 'Through the Looking Glass' and Alice says it in the movie with Johnny Depp. :)

message 50: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Ooooh. I haven't read that but it's on my tbr list. I haven't seen any of the movies either, rofl. Just the Disney cartoon.

« previous 1