Writing Passionates discussion

Games & Contests > Story through Interesting Paragraphs

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, What the neck!? (last edited Dec 03, 2008 03:55PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Okay, this is similar to the interesting paragraph game. But your posts must create a story when looking at just your posts, and it must also tie in with the post of the person above you. However, your story does not have to have a concluded ending, should you decide to take your previous paragraphs from this game and make an actual story.

It must be ONLY one paragraph. If you wish to have an exchange between characters, you may break the rule to have two lines of dialogue. The paragraphs must be on the spot; they cannot be taken from any stories you have written or are writing.

You may not post twice in a row, with the sole exception of two days passing without anybody else posting.

If you want to make comments, do them in ((double parentheses) or *astriks.* Also, if you do make a comment, you must also write a paragraph of your own (this is to prevent this turning into a regular conversation).

Now that we are done with the rules (and please follow them, ladies and gents. It will make it more fun), start posting your paragraphs!!!

message 2: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Tears dribbled down her cheeks, hesitating for a moment before gravity forced them to drop. Tear after tear rolled down, drenching a little patch on his shoulder. After a minute she would sniffle, and after another minute she would sniffle again. When several minutes had passed by, though sniffles and puffy eyes muffled her words, she whispered, "Why, John, why? Why does He give me a punishment I don't deserve? Why is He so relentless, even when I repent?"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

((gah! thanks Roni! That's really hard to add on to!))
John cradled her in his arms, rocking her back and forth, "Sssh it's alright, it's alright." He wanted to make her happy, but something like this he just didn't have an answer to. The catastrophe of the hurt inside her words just made him want to love her more.

message 4: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
"Because, he loves you, Nyre. ((LOVE THAT NAME!)) You just need to accept that it's not only him. You are doing this to him too, just as much as he is doing it to you. I don't know what this mean, Nyre, but you can't just sit here crying like this. You have to let go," John whispered.

((So is this like a story or what? I'm cunfuzzled))

message 5: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

((Oh. should i erase mine? And sorry for not adding a paragraph, but i cant really))

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hey Seth!))

Nyre shook her head, "I can't. I can't." She breathed shaking her head. Her eyes were tear stained, and her hair matted, not the way she was gorgeously beautiful, but still beautiful for someone caring enough to understand her for everything.

message 7: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

"You've got to, though. It won't be complete if you can't do it right?" He pressured her. She shook her head. She didn't want this, she never wanted any of it. It was the simple fact that she couldn't help herself that made her say the next thing that she said.

message 8: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

((you don't have to link it exactly to mine. So long as your own posts make a sort of story. I mean, you don't have to use the same tense and person as me.))

At John's response of reassurance, Jane squeezed her eyes shut, thinking of exactly how much it was not alright. Why would it be alright when her house had burned to the ground, her sleeping family inside while she was away at a sleepover? Why would it be alright when she had just lost her brother, in an event so random and terrible that it cold only have been God's will? Why would anything be alright?

message 9: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Then, out of the blue, a person stepped into their little conversation without warning. "I'm sorry, but I need to kill you."

((Thanks for clearing that up!))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyre went pale, there he was standing above them with a knife in hand. "No, no!" She gripped John's hand hoping that she wouldn't be able to feel anything, like it were a dream. But it failed her. He was really here, and here to kill both of them.

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) "WHY?!" John shouted. "WHY?! COME ON JAKE! WHAT THE *BEEP* IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY A PRANK ON HER NOW! OF ALL THE DIFFERENT TIMES!"
Nyre looked up at John, then Jake, then back. Then she stood up and slapped Jake.
"You-you-you..." She waited for John to fill her pause with a word that she wasn't allowed to say, but apparently he was having trouble finding one worse enough for him.

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller "YOU SON OF A BITCH! ASSHOLE!!! WHAT THE HELL?" was what finally came out of John's mouth. "Why would you do something like that to her right now? I wish I could pummel you!"

(((what kind of a name is Nyre? I mean, it's cool but it sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings))))

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Nyre huddled against John, him shouting loud cursing words above the noise of the rain. His shirt smelled like tobacco, like it always did. It was kind of a reassuring smell. She buried her head into it, the tears stopped, and a new kind of curiousity replacing it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

((can i add another?))

It was John's red polo, the one she had bought for him. This thought gave her confidence. John's figure shook with anger as he yelled at Jake. Nyre just fingered the button on his shirt. Jake was stupid. Then all the bad feelings flooded back in and tears streamed down her already-wet, pale cheeks.

message 15: by Treyson (new)

Treyson (treysonlyon) | 36 comments Nyre sat down on the ground of the cemetary, and cried. She crawled over to her brother's grave, and hugged it with all her might, and cried some more. John was still cursing at his younger brother, Jake. Little brother? Oh, why Eraec, why, when he was so young!