Mentoring Moments for Christian Women discussion

2/20/12 Preparing for Easter > Taking the first step

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (mezzomom) | 14 comments Mod
Welcome! I look forward to taking a walk with you. Today is a bright and sunny day in Virginia and so it would be great to take a literal walk and learn your names and hear why you are hiking with our PMHFE group. But for now on this side of heaven, I'll hope that you write in and share so I can get to know you in our virtual group.

May I make a few suggestions to help you on the trip?
If hunting down scriptures is a challenge, try using online sources such as Biblegateway.org. That will quicken your search. But if you prefer the familiar leaves of your own Bible, then place a bookmark in all four Gospels to assist your treasure hunts.

Consider putting your Bible and book in a tote bag and have it with you when you're waiting through your kids' activities or for the bus to arrive. OR find a place in your home where you can regularly go to pray and study. Leave your Bible, book, and supplies there and feel drawn to returning to the journey with Him.

Today I wonder who all of you are and what you bring to the study. Which of the women listed on page 1-2 resonate with you? Perhaps you've been a variety of the women over seasons in your life.

In yesterday's daily reading I was reminded in Psalm 23 commentary, that when we look BACK on our walk, we see God's mercies, faithfulness, and love (Surely Goodness and Mercy will FOLLOW me) and that we look FORWARD to dwelling with Him all the days of our lives. At the end of our eight week journey, I hope we can look BACK and see God's presence in our lives and more completely anticipate the glorious eternity we will spend with Him.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you: Mary, Martha, Canaanite woman, Jairus' wife? Off we go!

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
I'm excited to do this study. I did the first lesson today and again saw the compassion of Jesus--to crowds, children, his disciples. Who wouldn't want to follow Him? I'm grateful I grew up in a home where I was taught about Jesus from birth on. "Yes, Jesus loves me," is the song I learned and continue to sing--now to my grandchildren.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 1 comments I appreciated your comments on Psalm 23. Good things to think about.

message 4: by Lydia (new)

I appreciated this from page 11, "When Jesus explains He is the I AM of the Old Testament, He connects the God of the Old Testament with the Messiah of the New Testament." (I am the bread of life, I am the living water, I am the gate, I am the good shepherd, I am the way, the truth, and the life, plus more.)
Also page 14, Jesus' words in action: focus on the great I AM, not ourselves.

message 5: by Cap (new)

Cap | 4 comments I just wanted to take a moment to thank Ann and the moderator Kellie for doing this study online. I love the thought of gleaning insights and teachings directly from the author of the book! Thank you for sharing.

message 6: by Lydia (new)

I appreciate Ann and Kellie organizing this online as well.

message 7: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (goodreadscomkelliemmcw) | 20 comments Mod
All of the women who followed Jesus resonate with me in some way. I see myself in all of them, some more than others. Monday's scripture verses reminded me of the how women desire security. In those verses I see Jesus as compassionate provider, loving protector, He feels our pain, and is our Truth speaker. Ultimately, our true security.