Big Fat Books discussion

Suggestions & Questions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mathis (last edited Feb 21, 2012 01:27PM) (new)

Mathis Bailey | 57 comments Mod
Use this thread if you have any book suggestions, or questions.

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Hi Mathis,
It may be a good idea to break up the discussion threads into parts, that way people can post about the section they are reading without worrying about giving anything away :-)

message 3: by Mathis (new)

Thanx for the helpful advise Trish! I already created a section for " A Suitable Boy" for our March read. Well you be joining us on this read? :)

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Hmmm...So here's the thing...I requested the book from my library and they told me that they had it on the shelf and would put it on hold for me. I went to pick it up today and the book had vanished! The poor librarians looked everywhere for it, but it was lost. They think that someone must have checked it out, but it is not in the computer as being checked out. Anyhow, they put another copy of the book on reserve for me, but I'm not sure when it will come in. What are the odds that someone else would be checking this book out?! So, I may be a little behind with my posts, but hopefully I will catch up!

message 5: by Mathis (last edited Mar 19, 2012 07:51PM) (new)

That's odd. Perhaps, someone saw it while rummaging throuh the shelves for their check outs and stole it. I mean, it is a nice book to have on your side table...hahaha.

But no worries. Whenever you get your hands on the book, just be sure to let us know what you thought of it. :)

message 6: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Hi all, I know that I have been gone for awhile, but I would love to jump in with great novel! I didn't see anything for July, is something being planned for August?

message 7: by Martha (new)

Martha Well, Trisha, I read Little Women, can't remember what month that was, but it was a wonderful book! And, War & Peace, it is great! I am still reading it. That's my update.

message 8: by Mathis (last edited Jul 26, 2012 07:12PM) (new)

Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA. I've been extremely busy and had a few unexpected things that came up. I hope I will be more involved in August's book discussions.

I will come back to War & Peace and Little women to give my opinion on them, since I'm so far behind. If anyone have any suggestions for our September read, please let me know. Happy readings!

message 9: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Here are a few suggestions:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Mists of Avalon
The Count of Monte Cristo
(gulp) The Brothers Karamazov

Let me know if any sound interesting!

message 10: by Mathis (new)

All these books sounds interesting. I actually have The Lord of the Rings trilogy in my book collection, still glossy brand new waiting to be cracked open.

But unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of time any more to read heavy-weight books due to my hecked schedule. So there won't be any August reads this month (sad). But I will be back soon hopefully. But I will keep your recommendations in mind.

Btw, Everytime I visit the bookstore I always see The Brothers Karamazov lying on the suggestion table. That's another book I would like to sink my teeth into.

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha I agree, I am anxious to read that one too!