Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > anything similar to night huntress'?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments It is my most fav. I want anither series to start with a main couple , first person series where it follows the main character. Filled with action and love. Id prefer adult. Any suggestions?

Ive read BDB LOTU Sookie Stackhouse Twilight Hush Hush

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Chicagoland vampires is great fun.

message 3: by Jules (new)

Jules | 36 comments Mercedes Thompson series I cannot recommend enough.

message 4: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 195 comments If you are looking for the similar H/H duo fighting bad guys. Alpha & Omega is in that category.
Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Kate Daniel's Series:

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

Cassie Palmer Series:

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2) by Karen Chance Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4) by Karen Chance Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

Fever Series:

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 3 comments I'm going to second the recommendations for Patricia Brigg's Mercedes Thompson series and Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.

Also of interest might be Grave Witch by Kalayna Price -- I love this series! Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2) by Kalayna Price

And the Others series by Jess Haines. These were just okay at the beginning, but now I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for book four to come out in July of this year!

Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2) by Jess Haines Deceived by the Others (H&W Investigations, #3) by Jess Haines
Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4) by Jess Haines

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments Suzanne the Mighty ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Kate Daniel's Series:

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona AndrewsMagic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona AndrewsMagic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona AndrewsMagic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona AndrewsMagic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

Cassie Palmer Se..."

I read the cassie palmer also, i heard alot about the Fever seriesis it any good?

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments The Fever series, definitely! It is one of my favorite series of all time.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments Shannen (Is it March 23rd yet?) wrote: "The Fever series, definitely! It is one of my favorite series of all time."

I heard its also hard to get into but ill surely give it a try

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments I was hooked from the first book but some people had a hard time with the first one. I got a lot of people hooked on this series who had never read any paranormal/urban fantasy. Definitely worth reading.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 2 comments I also loved night huntress, and I want to second the kate daniels, cassie palmer and fever series'

message 12: by Vampsessed (new)

Vampsessed | 15 comments Sally wrote: "Chicagoland vampires is great fun."

I second that...I'm enthralled with this series right now!!

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 111 comments As for the Fever books - I've only read the first one, but I LOVED it! (And before this, there hasn't been even one fae book that I've liked, so I think that's really saying something!)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments I agree, Cindy. It probably helps that she is a fae slayer. ;)

message 15: by Allie (new)

Allie Winters Rachel Vincent's Shifters series, starting with Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent , is first person that follows one girl throughout the whole series (6 books) and has action and love. The main girl is a lot like Cat from Night Huntress, she doesn't take crap from others, but is still faced with that alpha male. I really liked these books a lot!

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Its not adult, but I would recommend Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. The first book is Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead and the series is finished. The main character, Rose, reminds me a lot of Cat! Even though it is YA, it has some risque moments in it. Some schools have actually banned the series because of this. It is one of my favorites!

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura Fonseca (daddy_girl_ynk) | 90 comments I have recently started the Fever Series and Hunger Games. Btw I LOVE VA I read the whole series Dimitri is one of my favorites. Not quite bones but close.

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Jacobo (spiderwebb28) | 2 comments My two favorite series of all times is Richelle Meads Vampire Academy & Karen Marie Moning Fever Series. I love the Cat and Bones series too.

message 19: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (nanukana) | 1 comments I adored Night Huntress (So excited for Night Prince!) and I'm enjoying Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane and Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning for adult books and in the YA category I loved Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine and The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong