My YA Obsession discussion

Fantasy > Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soumi (new)

Soumi (soumiroy) | 66 comments Mod
I know how you swallow the whole series of Harry Potter, Go on, be a part of this discussion

message 2: by Emily V, Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be EVER in your favour! (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 214 comments Mod
I've seen the films, haven't read it though

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm disappointed w/ the Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows pt.1

The books were awesome :) best series of all time.

message 4: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments I can't believe you haven't read them! These are my all time favourite books.
I was disappointed with the Half-Blood Prince movie, but I thought that they did a really good job with Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2. I love all the movies anyway, because I am just bias to anything Harry Potter :D

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments The 5th book was my least favourite, I found it a little boring. 6 and 7 are my favourite. I just love how everything comes together.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 22 comments Chimney wrote: "I was very disappointed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, it was my least favorite book in the series and I skipped over the movie. I may see the movie at some point or another, but probab..."

You should watch it, just to see Harry hopped up on Felix if for no other reason. That bit was hilarious!

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Yes! You should watch it just for that like Barbara said. That part was hilarious.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh! I'm sorry but I cannot STAND Harry! He's so annoying! All the characters are! And the aren't very good, either!

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 22 comments to each his own

message 10: by Beka (new)

Beka (bekakathryn) | 8 comments Barbara wrote: "Chimney wrote: "I was very disappointed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, it was my least favorite book in the series and I skipped over the movie. I may see the movie at some point or ano..."

Totally hilarious! Although I found Ron drugged up on Love Potion even funnier!!

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 22 comments yeah, Ron was funny but he's often been the comedic relief in the films. To see Harry so loose was awesome. Plus, I'm kind of partial to Dan Radcliffe anyway, as my little pic shows (It's Dan's Woman in Black, which was awesome)

message 12: by Ollie (new)

Ollie (ollie_in_the_sky) | 21 comments Emily wrote: "I've seen the films, haven't read it though"

Oh my god, wwhat are you waiting for?

message 13: by Ollie (new)

Ollie (ollie_in_the_sky) | 21 comments My favorites were the 3rd and the 5th. But I loved them all so much!!! I eagerly wait for the day that someone will write another great masterpiece as Harry Potter!

message 14: by Beka (new)

Beka (bekakathryn) | 8 comments Susana wrote: "Emily wrote: "I've seen the films, haven't read it though"

Oh my god, wwhat are you waiting for?"

Wait lets be completely truthful: Emily has watched the first two movies and the 7th part one (and that was only because she came to my house and I forced... I mean persuaded her to) I too am just as horrified at her refusing to read them -especially as a huge HP fan myself-

message 15: by Ollie (new)

Ollie (ollie_in_the_sky) | 21 comments Beka wrote: "Susana wrote: "Emily wrote: "I've seen the films, haven't read it though"

Wait lets be completely truthful: Emily has watched the first two movies and the ..."

Oh you have to convince Emily to read them!! ;D I cannot imagine my childhood without HP books. You know when I was eleven I patiently waited for Hogwarts' letter inviting me in lol and then I sadly thought that I was a muggle and that was it.

(kind of dorky but it was really important to me)

message 16: by Pritha (new)

Pritha (pritha_saha) | 7 comments I wish the series didnt have to end. Harry Potter was a huge part of my childhood and it still is, but I dont think seven books was enough. I know that the series had to end sometime, but it ended too soon. Harry Potter will always be a part of me and I will always remember when I first held the books and fell in love with them.

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sbeltran16) | 1 comments I absolutely love Harry Potter! Half-Blood Prince was actually my favorite of the series. The film was so-so for me. I didn't like Deathly Hallows pt. 2. I was extremely upset that so much was changed and omitted, especially when pt. 1 was incredibly true to the book. I always feel like I'm alone on this though...

message 18: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Sandra wrote: "I absolutely love Harry Potter! Half-Blood Prince was actually my favorite of the series. The film was so-so for me. I didn't like Deathly Hallows pt. 2. I was extremely upset that so much was chan..."

The last two books were my favourite. I remember really enjoying both part 1 and 2 of deathly hallows. I have only seen part 2 the once, but I do remember thinking that although they didn't do the greatest (as with majority of book to movie adaptions) they definitely did a better job than they had with the last couple of movie before part 1.
I thought they did a terrible job with the sixth movie, I think that was the movie I disliked the most. They cut chunks out everywhere though, as well. Not just the last movie. A lot of things had to be cut, because they hadn't included them in earlier movies, so it wouldn't have made any sense.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Susana wrote: "Beka wrote: "Susana wrote: "Emily wrote: "I've seen the films, haven't read it though"

Wait lets be completely truthful: Emily has watched the first two mo..."

Haha when I was in second grade (I loved it then but hate it now) I kept on stealing glances at our fireplace!!! And also I made a wand out of a apple tree stick and like, polished and with my friends did curses and spells on each other!!! But my obessesion with warrior cats was even bigger!! I would gather herbs and nibble on clover!!! lol

message 20: by T.D. (new)

T.D. Dewmer (td-dewmer) | 3 comments I still watch the movies and read those books over and over. I grew up with Harry Potter. Years from now when people ask me do I still love Harry Potter, I will give the classic Snape qoute, "Always..."

message 21: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Best series ever. I think they get better as the story progresses.

message 22: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 7 comments Love the series. It's so hard to say what my favorite would be out of the seven books, but if I had to choose one it would be the first one. Since it started it all.