Ashwick Valley RP discussion

Outdoors > Lake

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Ashwick Lake is a large body of water in the heart of the forest. There are multiple country roads that lead up to the lake. The water is perfect for swimming in the summer and for ice skating in the winter.

message 2: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) As they reached the lake, Darren put Mr. Fluffers on the ground in her ball and started to explore around. He made sure she didn't fall into the water.

message 3: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare sat on the grass at the edge of the lake and looked out at the water. "So," she said slowly, "What do you want to know? I'll try to answer as honestly as I can."

message 4: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren shrugged, "I don't know." He sat there for a few moments, not saying anything. "What can you do?" he asked quietly, not looking at her.

message 5: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled. "I'm a water elemental. I can manipulate any type of water." She stuck a hand out over the lake and the water rose up, forming one big ball of water. The water quiverred and split into hundreds of small droplets. Clare then froze the drops and they fell into her hand, like miniature snowballs.

message 6: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren was in the middle of grabbing Mr. Fluffers when Clare did her demonstration. He froze, then looked at her palm when she made a snowball. He didn't like the fact that she did that and said, "Don't do that again."

message 7: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare dropped the tiny snowballs back into the lake. "Darren," she said with a sigh. "This is only going to work if you can be a little more tolerant. You asked what I could do and I showed you. Please save your judgements for the end of the day," she said calmly.

message 8: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren looked at her and scowled. "I'm not judging you out loud, I am simply asking you not to do it again. I don't like it and it makes me feel uncomfortable." He put Mr. Fluffers and her ball on his lap.

message 9: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Alright, alright," Clare said, dropping her hands into her lap. "I'm sorry, I guess I was just a little excited to show you. Let's take it slow. Is there anything else you want to know about me?"

message 10: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I don't know," Darren said vaguely, shrugging and turning to look out into the lake. He took a deep breathe and said, "Do you want to tell me anything?"

message 11: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare thought for a moment. "Um, well I was born here and grew up here. When I was about nine, my parents and I moved away. They thought it would stop me from developing powers. It didn't. I developed my powers in a town where nobody understood and although my parent were supportive, it was really difficult. I came back here because this is where I feel I belong," she said the last sentence quietly, watching as a ladybug crawled up her arm.

message 12: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren was quite for a while, thinking about what was in that plane. When he was growing up, he didn't like the tainted, but was curious about the crash site and he had snuck over there a few times. He still didn't like the tainted, but it was more because he felt uncomfortable around them, which is why he degrades them. Out of the corner of his eye he watched the lady big crawl up Clare's arm.

message 13: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare picked up the ladybug and held it in her hand. She noticed that Darren hadn't spoken for a while. "I understand this is a lot to get used to," she said kindly. "I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you listening to me."

message 14: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren glanced at her, not knowing what to say. He frowned and said suddenly, "How much does the rest of the world know about this plane crash? And where did it come from? What was it carrying?"

message 15: by Adena (last edited Mar 08, 2012 07:13PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled sadly. "If I knew, I would tell you," she replied. "I'm pretty sure the some of the mayors of other towns around the area know about it. I have no idea what the plane was carrying or where it was going though. That's a question for the originals."

message 16: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren pinched his top lip in thought. "My parents will kill me for being around you, you know? And probably you too." He took Mr. Fluffers out and petted her.

message 17: by Adena (last edited Mar 08, 2012 07:38PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare realized just how difficult this must be for him, having grown up thinking one thing and then having to be around the very type of person he had always avoided. She took out her camera and flicked to the picture she had taken earlier. She deleted it. "There. I know it's not much, but I want you to feel comfortable around me, and if you want to leave, I won't mind," she said, looking into his eyes.

message 18: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren had watched her delete the picture. "You do realize that most people know about my love of guinea pigs, right?" When he was in kindergarten and first grade, his show and tell object was his guinea pigs. "I think I was a guinea pig in my past life or something. It's the only explanation."

message 19: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare laughed. "Well, consider it symbolic," she said, smiling at him. She snapped another picture of him and looked at it on the digital screen. "Wow, I think I got your good side," she said. "Not that you have a bad one," she muttered under her breath.

message 20: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren looked at her and raised his eyebrows. "I heard that," he said and tried to smile to show that he didn't take offense. He rubbed his head, My life is getting very difficult.

message 21: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare flushed. "Oh, I, um..." she trailed off, not making eye contact with him. "So, uh, what are your thoughts on the matter?" she asked, worried about his answer.

message 22: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "The tainted still makes me feel uncomfortable," Darren said quietly. His ignorant side didn't care if she took offense, but his wanted to like her said didn't want her to.

message 23: by Adena (last edited Mar 08, 2012 08:15PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare nodded. "Okay. Is there anything I can do to help make you more comfortable?" she asked. "Because- Well- Because I kind of like you," she admitted, looking at him and waiting for a reaction.

message 24: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren was surprised and it showed on his face. "Really? I thought you didn't. And that is not sarcasm," he said seriously, but his facial expression was priceless.

message 25: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Claire giggled. "Well, I wouldn't try this hard for someone I didn't like," she said. Then her face fell. "Do you, feel the same way?" she asked.

message 26: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren shrugged, "I kind of want to get to know you better, but I'm not sure if it's the same was you think of me." He went slightly red, feeling awkward.

message 27: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Claire was a little disappointed, she hadn't realized how hard this would be. She laid back in the grass, stretching her arms behind her head. "Well, we have plenty of time." Clare had an idea. "Okay, tell me something that you have never told anyone else," she said.

message 28: by Killer Queen (last edited Mar 08, 2012 08:55PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren thought back in his life. "I've seen the crash site." For a second there, he was going to tell her he plays the piano, but he didn't want to.

He looked up at the sky, paranoid that a bird of prey would swoop down and eat Mr. Fluffers. He put her back into the ball and let her roll around.

message 29: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "I'm afraid of the dark," Claire said after a moment's hesitation. "I know it's stupid and childish, but there you go," she said with a shrug.

message 30: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I don't like the dark because I always end up half killing myself trying to get to my bed," Darren scowled and poked his latest bruise. "That makes me clumsy, doesn't it?"

message 31: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "I guess it does," Clare said, smiling. Then she remembered something. "Oh, when I was ten, a couple of months before my powers developed, I almost drowned in my friend's pool, kind of ironic really," she said thoughtfully.

message 32: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Daren raised his eyebrows and looked at her. "Kind of ironic? That's full blown ironic!" He grabbed Mr. Fluffers ball and pointed to her. "Even she knows that."

message 33: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled at Mr. Fluffers. "I never really thought much of it at the time, but looking back, it seems rather strange," she said, looking up at the clouds. The sun was just beginning to set and the sky was a beautiful mixture of orange and pink.

message 34: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "It's almost like a backwards foreshadowing," Darren said as he looked up at the sky. "I need to get home for dinner. Uh... Don't tell anyone about us meeting, okay?" He looked at her.

message 35: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare nodded, but didn't get up. "I won't tell anyone, I promise. I'm gonna stay here for a little longer," she said, turning her head to look at him. "And thanks again."

message 36: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) He grabbed his guinea pig and her ball, waved, and started to run home despite Mr. Fluffer's protests. Glad that's over for now... he thought

message 37: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Do we want to continue to another day?))

message 38: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((sure! where to?))

message 39: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I picked last time...))

message 40: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((I posted on Main Street))

Christina *Cantarella* | 4 comments Mia treaded over the lush, green grass as she stepped into the area.
Okay. Time to get rid of the stress at last.
Nobody should have been here, so it looked like the perfect spot.
She lay down beside the lake, smiling at the sound of rushing water. Her brother was off on one of his trips and her mother wouldn't have even noticed that she'd gone out since it happens so often. Besides, she had taken one of the trails to this place that her brother had showed her, so it should have been safe as ever.