Ashwick Valley RP discussion

Town Center > Rec Center

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) The recreational center, where you can do anything from watching TV, to playing basketball out back. There are pool tables, ping pong tables and a public pool as well.

message 2: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Sage walked into the lounge area of the rec center and flopped into one of the sofas. She was tired after her dance class and wasn't ready to walk home yet. Sage looked around, the rec was unusually quiet today. She shrugged and put her feet up on the couch, turning on her iPod.

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren dove into the deep end of the pool. He enjoyed the serenity the water gave him. He let himself float up to the surface, then started doing laps.

message 4: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Sage got up and left the rec center.

Clare walked over to the pool area. She put her bag, towel and camera on one of the white deck chairs. She took off her wrap and dipped her toe in the pool. Shivering a little, she climbed down the steps and into the cool water. Clare stayed on one side of the pool, not wanting to get in the boy's way.

message 5: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) After a while, Darren got out of the water and dried himself off. He started walking toward the girl on the other side of the pool. As he was walking he noticed the camera and figured it was hers. Maybe it could be a conversation starter... He continued walking over to her and asked her, "Hey is that your camera over there?"

message 6: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare swam to the edge of the pool and looked up at the boy. "Yes, that's mine," she said with a smile. "I'm kinda into photography."

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Okay. I ask 'cause it's sitting over there all lonely and I wasn't sure if someone left it or not," Darren smiled back and sat down on the edge of the pool. "I'm Darren."

message 8: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "I'm Clare," she said brightly. "I was born here, but I just moved back last week," she told him, glad to have met someone.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren frowned and asked, "Here? In this exact spot? Oh wait, you mean in this town! Yeah, I was born here too," he gave a wide grin that said he was just messing around.

message 10: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare laughed. "Yeah, I thought you looked familiar," she said. "I grew up here with my parents, but we, uh, moved away," she trailed off.

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I wish I could get out this town. Why did you guys move back?" Darren understand why his parents and him stayed here. Well, he did- his parents had a company here, but why couldn't they move the company's location. They all didn't like it here to begin with.

message 12: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare hesitated. "I, uh, didn't like being away from home. My parents thought it would be better for me there, but I could never fit in. I wanted to be with people,um, like me," she said, not making eye contact with him.

message 13: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren made a disgusted face. "You're tainted aren't you?" He avoided eye contact with her and pulled his legs out of the water. He made to get up. Damn it! I was interested in this girl too!

message 14: by Adena (last edited Mar 06, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare was shocked. She pulled herself out of the pool and stood face to face with him. "I met you five minutes ago and you're already judging me for what I am?" she asked, not angry, just hurt. She had seen the look on his face so many times before. "I thought moving back here would be easier, but I guess I was wrong," she said quietly.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Actually, he did tell her his name. And I was hoping this would come a little later, but that was too obvious for him to miss.))

"Well you are unnatural," Darren sneered. He started to walk back to his towel, so he could go home. He was oblivious to how arrogant and ignorant he was being.

message 16: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Haha, oops, I missed that! I'll edit))

Clare blinked, she was not going to cry in front of him. She waited till he had reached his towel before turning back to the pool. She stretched out her hands and watched as a wave of water rose into the air and drenched only Darren. "I didn't chose to be like this," she said angrily, "But I can choose to control it. I'm not some monster, here to ruin your life, I'm just a person, whom unusual things have happened to." She grabbed her stuff and turned back to Darren. "I hope you enjoy being an insensitive jerk!"

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Maybe Clare can teach him that ^^))

Darren just shrugged. We don't know that he thought bluntly and walked away towards the shower. There was a itsy bitsy thought that nagged him in the back of his head, but it didn't stay for long.

message 18: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare watched him walk away. She didn't want to admit it, she kind of liked him, despite what had just happened. She sank into the deck chair and pulled her knees up to her chest, absentmindedly lifting drops of water into the air. Clare had never been so insulted in her life, but still couldn't bring herself to hate him.

message 19: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((We should probably brainstorm on how this relationship will come to be.))

message 20: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((I agree. Any ideas?))

message 21: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((.....She kidnaps him, duct tapes is mouth and limbs together, then educates him on how cool she is?))

message 22: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Hmm, seems a little extreme :) Maybe he could drown or something, and she could save him. He could be the damsel in distress :P))

message 23: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Well that was the point, silly ^^ And if he didn't so swim in school I would have probably have agreed to that))

message 24: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((haha, I was being sarcastic :) so how should they fall in love? We could do the opposite... he could save her from a fire in her house or something, maybe she wasn't able to put it out using her power...))

message 25: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Nah, I was thinking along the lines of them meeting, getting into an argument, and some how Clare convinces him to see her life for one day and that one day changes him.))

message 26: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Sure, sounds fine :) Where should they meet again?))

message 27: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Mall?))

message 28: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Sure, you post first))