Ashwick Valley RP discussion

Town Center > Main Street

Comments Showing 1-50 of 106 (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Adena (last edited Feb 19, 2012 05:07PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) A long road that passes through the center of town. It is the busiest street in Ashwick Valley. Many small, family owned shops line the wide sidewalk. You can find almost anything on Main Street.

message 2: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare walked quickly down the street. She was clearly nervous about something. She tucked stray strands of hair behind her ear and kept fiddling with her camera, which was hanging on a strap around her neck. She zipped up her jacket against the cool breeze.

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren was sitting at a table sipping a delicious strawberry kiwi smoothie. He was thinking how he absolutely loved the smoothie store there, when he noticed Clare. He didn't think much of it, until he actually looked at her. He frowned, noticing how nervous she seemed. He wondered if he should say something.

message 4: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare walked straight past Darren, not noticing him. She ran a hand through her hair then shoved her hands into her pockets. She took a deep breath. I just have to get it over with...

message 5: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren turned to watch her as she walked by. He got and quickly walked over to her to catch up. "Clare! What is the matter??" he asked frowning.

message 6: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare jumped at the sound of her name. "Oh my gosh! You scared me," she said, shaking her head at him. "And what makes you think there's something wrong?" she asked, rather unconvincingly.

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren crossed his arms, which was difficult considering that fact he was holding a smoothie, and gave her a look. "Let's see... You're fiddling the straps on your camera and messing with your hair."

message 8: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "I am not," Clare said defiantly, tucking her hair behind her ear again. She sighed. "Okay, maybe I am a little nervous," she admitted. "I'm on my way to the hospital," she told him.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Why..." Darren asked slowly, frowning. "Is something wrong?" He took a sip of his smoothie and watched her. He felt like glancing around to see if anyone was watching him and her.

message 10: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare shook her head again. "No, nothing's wrong. It's just a regular check-up. They have to draw blood though, because I'm tainted," she added, lowering her voice, so that nobody would overhear. "I, uh, don't do well with needles, or blood for that matter," she said.

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Well... Maybe if you distract yourself, you won't be so afraid. Think guinea pigs. Just imagine them rolling around in their little balls and wearing dinosaur costumes," Darren said smiling.

message 12: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled. "Thanks. That's quite an image," she said. They were almost at the hospital. "I won't ask you come with me, but do you think we could hang out afterwards?" she asked him.

message 13: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I'm sure I can squeeze it into my schedule," Darren said winking. He finished his smoothie and threw it into a trash can. "How long will your appointment take?"

message 14: by Adena (last edited Mar 09, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Only about half an hour," Clare replied. "So do you want to meet in the courtyard later?" she asked. She eyed his smoothie enviously. She wasn't supposed to eat for an hour before the appointment.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Courtyard? Uh... Yeah, okay," he said. Darren saw her eye his smoothie. "Do you have to fast before the blood work?" Maybe I'll pick her up something.

message 16: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare nodded. "Yeah, I haven't eaten today. I'm a little hungry," she said. "Okay, well I should probably go, I don't want to be late. I'll see you later," she said, reluctantly walking across the street and into the hospital.

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren waved goodbye and went to get her something to eat. I wonder what she likes... he thought as he looked at the restaurants. He picked one and went inside. It was a deli and he got her a sandwich.

message 18: by Killer Queen (last edited Mar 17, 2012 05:12PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) >>>Some other day<<<

Darren sat on a bench, feeding Mr. Fluffers some fruit and think about her name. He really liked the name, but it was odd for a girl.

He took out a granola bar from his pocket and starting eating it. Mr. Fluffers ate the crumbs that dropped on his lap.

message 19: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare came out of the smoothie shop that Darren had been in the other day. It was strawberry kiwi flavored. She bit the end of her straw thoughtfully as she walked down the street.

message 20: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) When there was no more crumbs to eat up, Mr. Fluffers started trying to get into the container that had held the fruit she recently ate. Darren watched her and told her, "There's nothing in there anymore. It's just water," as he picked her up.

message 21: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare nodded her head in time with the music on her iPod. She hummed softly and took another sip of her smoothie.

message 22: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren saw Clare and looked around all paranoid before he reached out to her to get her attention. He grabbed Mr. Fluffers and put her on his shoulder to make sure he didn't run off.

message 23: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare felt someone touch her arm and spun round. "Get your hand off- oh," she said, realizing it was only Darren. "Sorry, I didn't know it was you," she said, a smile spreading across her face.

message 24: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren jumped back. "Whoa. I'm sorry for spooking you like that. But, hey! I see you went my favorite smoothie place. What flavor did you get?"

message 25: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare blushed. "Uh, strawberry kiwi. You inspired me," she admitted. "And I might have been thinking about you when I ordered," she added quietly.

message 26: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren smiled and may have gotten a little pink too, but ignored it. "Well, it is an amazing flavor. Drat, now I want a smoothie..." He couldn't help but ask, "Oh, and, what about me were you thinking about? My dazzling eyes? Charming personality? Model like appearance? The fact that I have a guinea pig and you don't?"

((I'm going to take a shower.))

message 27: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare grinned, flushing an even deeper red. "Actually, none of the above. I was thinking about your laugh," she told him. "But I am quite jealous of your guinea pig," she said, petting Mr. Fluffers.

((okayy))

message 28: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren gave Clare Mr. Fluffers to her to hold. "My laugh? Well, I guess it does sound like angels," he said and winked. "It's a blessing and a curse."

message 29: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((brb, gotta eat dinner))

message 30: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Okee ^^))

message 31: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare took Mr. Fluffers and held him up to her face. "I hope you're not as conceited as your owner," she told him. She looked at Darren. "So, Mr. Painfully Beautiful, what ae you doing here?" she asked.

message 32: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Come on, she can't be conceited. Her name is Mr. Fluffers!" Darren laughed. "And I don't know. I was just taking a walk and then got hungry, so we sat down and ate some fruit and granola bar."

message 33: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled and continued petting Mr. Fluffers. She sat down on the bench next to him. It was a rather small bench and they were sitting pretty close. She took another sip of her smoothie. "You know, these are really good," she said, biting her straw again.

message 34: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren looked at her and chuckled, "You're telling me. They know be by name. I walk in and there's my smoothie! Well, not really. They go, 'Hey Darren! Your usual?' and then insist on knowing how my family is doing." He didn't say anything for a second. "Yeah, we can't go in there together," he said quietly, feeling bad that he said that.

message 35: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare sighed. She was sick of being restricted by what other people would think of them being together. "Well, do you think we could go someplace where I don't have to be on the lookout for people who might see us talking?" she asked, a bitter undertone to her voice.

message 36: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren didn't catch her bitterness at first and opened his mouth to say something. Then he got it. "Look, I'm sorry, but I don't want my parents finding out. I don't care who knows except them. But certain people know them. The past few days I notice you're pretty cool, but you don't know my parents who refuse to work with the originals and tainted." What was going to happen to him when they found out? He was thinking the worse and that would be being rejected and disinherited. Maybe he was just being pessimistic. ((No he's not. That's exactly what I'm going to have his parents do when they find out. Color me sadistic all you want.))

message 37: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((So...))

message 38: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Sorry, I'm back! And Clare is gonna lose it :P))

Clare stood up angrily, spilling her smoothie on her bag. She snatched it up quickly, not wanting her camera to get wet. "Fantastic," she muttered. She turned back to Darren. "Maybe I'm tired of waiting. I hate having to hide who I am," she told him. "the only thing stopping me from using my powers right now in front of all of these people is you," she hissed. "I really like you and I don't want to ruin anything, but I don't know how we're ever going to be able to actually have a real relationship if you're so desperate for your parents approval! If you're ashamed of me, just tell me and I will leave right now," she said, her eyes watering.

message 39: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Yay! Drama we hate in real life! It would be funny if she ran off with his guinea pig. He'll be reeeeaaally sad.))

Darren scowled. "No, I'm not ashamed with you, but whatever. We've only knew each other for like a week and I want to tell them, I really do! But you don't understand how it's like to have parents who raised you one way and then all of the sudden you start seeing things in a different way. It's not all going to be fine and dandy in a week. All my life I've seen my parents reject you people. If they find out that I'm friends with you, what if they kick me out of the house?? They don't even want me interacting with tainted. And I don't have a job that can support me, so it's not like I can risk that," he took a deep breath. "You know what? Fine. Just leave. Maybe it'll be better for both of us."

Mr. Fluffers was starting to freak out and screeched. Darren grabbed her and got up.

message 40: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((haha, but he took it back...))

Clare stood there, frozen. She hadn't been expecting him to actually tell her to leave. Tears rolled down her face and she took a deep breath. "Darren," she said slowly. "If I leave, I'm not coming back," she told him. Her powers fluctuated and what was left of her smoothie froze and then liquidated alternately in the cup.

message 41: by Killer Queen (last edited Mar 17, 2012 10:24PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I know. 'Cause I didn't want it to happen. I just thought it would be funny :P))

Darren was quite and put Mr. Fluffer's on his shoulder. "Well you do what you think is best. But if you don't understand my dilemma, I don't think this will work out." He watched her for an answer even though he knew wouldn't like it either way.

message 42: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare had no idea what to do. This wasn't supposed to be her decision, it was supposed to be his. She wanted to be with him, but didn't know how much longer she could stand hiding her powers. She need time to think about it. "I don't know," she said, running her hand through her hair. "I need to clear my head. Meet me in the courtyard tomorrow morning, we can talk then," she said, turning to leave. She didn't know where she would go, she just needed to be alone for a while.

((Something should happen that stops Clare from meeting him the next day and Darren should go looking for her))

message 43: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((That sounds great. What should happen though?))

Darren nodded. "Okay," he said quietly. He too started to walk away. Well, at least this puts off disappointment until later. He walked to his house and escaped into dream world.

message 44: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((I'm not sure... maybe she'll get angry and her power will get out of control... what do you think?))

message 45: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Like... She stands him up?))

message 46: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((I was thinking more along the lines of she's in trouble and he finds her...))

message 47: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I'm not sure how water would do such a thing.))

message 48: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Yeah, me neither... any ideas?))

message 49: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((All I can think of is Katara beating Azula. That was badass. And I don't like Katara that much.))

message 50: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Um, what are you talking about?))

« previous 1 3