Home Base discussion

Great Debates > HG V.S. HP

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rosebee (last edited Feb 19, 2012 01:32PM) (new)

rosebee (rose33) The Hunger Games Verses Harry Potter.

Which one is better?

And I know its cruel to make people choose...which is why I did it :)

message 2: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) The Hungergames, if you just count the first book. The Harry Potter series in general, if you count all books.

See? I've found a solution to choose and defy you. I'll take that 1:0 for me.
xD

message 3: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (rose33) Hahahahha :P

I'm going to go with Harry Potter...Because J.k. Rowling is inspiring and each one of her books are amazing and get better as the time goes on...plus the plot is EPIC. :P

message 4: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Exactly. I like the first book of The Hungergames more than some of HP, but the complete series... you´re right; the plot IS epic.

message 5: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (rose33) Marlene wrote: "you´re right"

I'm taking that as a point. :) 1:1

message 6: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ I hate it when people compare books. They're all good in their own way. Well the good ones

message 7: by Kori (new)

Kori Morris (talionyzero) | 27 comments It's hard to compare the two, because the Hunger Games started out intended for an older young adult book series, and as such targeted a lot of more complex issues and fears, whereas Harry Potter grew into the older teen audience. There's also more possibilities in the HP world - since it's fantasy, not dystopian future/science fiction. And of course now are both read by adults as well. I'll probably third or fourth Marlene though.

message 8: by Marlene (last edited Feb 19, 2012 03:01PM) (new)

Marlene (marlene1001) Kori wrote: "I'll probably third or fourth Marlene though"
What do you mean by that?

message 9: by Kori (new)

Kori Morris (talionyzero) | 27 comments I agree that overall the series of HP is probably better than the HG due to the intensity of plot, but the first HG book is better than some of the individual HP books.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ Definitely. That's exactly what I think. The first book of the HG was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. but most books in the HP series is just as amazing.

Overall though, I have to sadly pick the Harry Potter books.

message 11: by E.J., Well, you hit me with a brick... (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) | 247 comments Mod
Overall because there are MORE of them HP, and they're of a much higher quality.

HG is good, but Hermione could kick Katniss's A-- Tush.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that it's not really fair to compare - they are in different settings, Harry Potter is a children's book while the Hunger Games is teen/adult, the Hunger Games has a much darker theme. However, they both show how war screws up the world, which is very strong. If we're talking life lessons, then I'd say Harry Potter. But if you're looking for something that brings you back to reality, then the Hunger Games. It all depends on what you're looking for, I think.

message 13: by rosebee (new)

rosebee (rose33) I know its not fair to compare them lol :P That's why I did. :)

message 14: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ☆ Kat ☆ Bad Wolf wrote: "I think that it's not really fair to compare - they are in different settings, Harry Potter is a children's book while the Hunger Games is teen/adult, the Hunger Games has a much darker theme. Howe..."

YESH! EXACTLY!