Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Lending books

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 15 comments I lended two books to my husband to try to figure out how all of that worked. I was able to send them to him fine, but for some reason I can't get them back. On his kindle it says that the books are no longer available. On my kindle it says they are currently on loan and that I will be notified after the lending period through email. It has been over a month. What should I do?

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 7 comments On your kindle, are you looking at the notification that the books are on loan? If so, this won't automatically delete. You will need to delete the notification manually. Books you have loaned are archived. To get them back, you need to go to your archived items.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I was excited about the loan program. The first book I read was The Night Circus and I badly wanted to loan it to my sister. Then I found out that particular book couldn't be loaned. Bummer!

message 4: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 59 comments Jeremy wrote: "I was excited about the loan program. The first book I read was The Night Circus and I badly wanted to loan it to my sister. Then I found out that particular book couldn't be loaned. Bummer!"

I noticed that too, Jeremy. I think the main stream best seller books are not on the lending program. This is probably controlled by the publishers. I am borrowing from the library. The list of titles is not all inclusive but growing. I love that I can add my name to a wait list and receive an email when it is my turn to download the title.

I still haven't used the Amazon lending program because so many titles are not eligible for lending.

message 5: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth (kenhelms) I believe they can only be put on loan one time as well. So I suppose you have to choose wisely who that one person is.

message 6: by Char (new)

Char  | 64 comments There are also lending sites, in case anyone here has not heard of them.
I use lendle.me and booklending.com.

message 7: by Hilary (new)

Hilary | 7 comments I use lendle.me and really enjoy it. I hadn't heard of booklending.com, I might have to check it out. Part of me wants to stick to just one site, so I don't have to keep close track of which books I've already lent. I like that Lendle takes care of that for me.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbhenderson) I have loaned my girlfriend 4 books now. I have a kindle keyboard and she a kindle fire. She got all 4 books, but was only able to open one, and it wasn't all there.... It seems a simple thing to send a book and also to receive one. I hesitate to send out any more.

message 9: by juuree (new)

juuree | 30 comments Barb wrote: "I have loaned my girlfriend 4 books now. I have a kindle keyboard and she a kindle fire. She got all 4 books, but was only able to open one, and it wasn't all there.... It seems a simple thing t..."

That's weird? You guys did it through Amazon, right?

message 10: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbhenderson) Julie wrote: "Barb wrote: "I have loaned my girlfriend 4 books now. I have a kindle keyboard and she a kindle fire. She got all 4 books, but was only able to open one, and it wasn't all there.... It seems a s..."

Yes it was done thru Amazon... don't think there's another way to loan a book. I wondered if it was because of the types of kindles... i have one of the first keyboards out there, and she just bought her Fire.

message 11: by Parsa (new)

Parsa Sorry, I am confused but how does one lend books on kindle?

message 12: by Barb (new)

Barb (barbhenderson) On Amazon, under 'manage your kindle', where you see your list of books.... off to the right there is a arrow with a drop down, under the drop down you pick loan book, and all you have to do is put in the email addy of the person you are loaning the book to, and send. When they get your email, there will be a link that they can click on, which takes them back to Amazon, and its like borrowing a book from the library....

message 13: by Parsa (new)

Parsa I see deliever to option but not loaning option. Why is that?

message 14: by Char (new)

Char  | 64 comments Many books are not lendable. The publisher gets to decide. If 'loan this book' is not an option on your MYK page, then it is not loanable. Which sucks.

message 15: by Parsa (new)

Parsa Thanks a lot both of you for helping me out :)