Night Road Night Road discussion

Appropriate for high school students?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette My career as a librarian was spent in elementary settings but I couldn't help but think of this book as a great discussion vehicle for high school students. The only thing that might deter it would be the unwed mother aspect but I'm not sure how much detail is acceptable in high schools today. Along that same line, there are mother daughter book discussion groups and I feel this title would be perfect for them.

message 2: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey I think this is totally suitable for high school students.

The unwed mother part is a fact of life with the younger generations. It also teaches us that we have to be responsible for our actions; whether its drinking and driving or having unprotected sex.

There is nothing in this book that I would deem inappropriate. Judy Blume writes more about sex than this and the car accident scene and victims wasn't gruesome. I think a lot of teenagers could probably relate.

A mother-daughter discussion group? A great suggestion for this book :)

Linda Lemons I agree I think this book is suitable for high school students. I think teen could learn from this book.

Debbie I think it should be required reading for Drivers Ed! Great for parents and teens to both read then have a discussion about.