Pirate Romance discussion

Pirate Romances > Theme: Heroine disguised as a boy in Pirate or Nautical Romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 32 comments Heroine is disguised as boy in these Pirate or Nautical romances:

The Heart's Disguise by Lisa Ann Verge 1990
A Pirate's Possession by Michelle Beattie 2010
Ecstasy's Conquest by Kay McMahon 1984
Callista by Cordia Byers 1983
Heart's Masquerade by Deborah Simmons 10/89
The Wind and the Sea by Marsha Canham 1986
Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey
Captain's Woman by Saliee O'Brien - 1979
Captain Jack's Woman by Stephanie Laurens
Rapture's Dream by Carol Finch 1982
The Privateer's Woman by June Wetherell
Sea Star by Pamela Jekel
Rapture's Tempest by Bobbi Smith
BURN ON, SWEET FIRE by Sandra Dubay
An Improper Proposal by Patricia Cabot
Sea Flame by Katharine Kincaid ???
WICKED LOVING LIES by Rosemary Rogers
Lady Vixen by Shirlee Busbee.
Eden's Pass by Kimberly Nee
Diamond Fire by Gina Robins
Raven Quest by Jo Ann Ferguson

Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Please add more books with this theme as you come along them.

P.S. I'll convert the titles into goodreads links as soon as I have more time.

Thank you.

Jenny

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 548 comments Mod
Thanks Jenny this is a great list,have read alot of them..brings back some good memories :)

message 3: by Judie (new)

Judie Kleng (goodreadscomjudiekleng) | 1 comments Pirate Unmasked by Judie Kleng is a story about a girl who poses as a cabin boy to steal aboard a sailing ship to travel to America from the Greek island of Crete. She endures hurricanes, pirates, life threatening adventures along with some humor and romance. This should definitely be on this list.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 548 comments Mod
Hi Judie,I just downloaded your book to my ereader.
Please introduce yourself if you like in our"author-promotion" folder and tell us more about your book. I will add Unmasked to the bookshelf.

message 5: by Josephine (new)

Josephine Templeton (ladyjojo) | 5 comments A Pirate's Kiss, 8/2012 (by yours truly, Josephine Templeton) definitely falls within this list. Raised on a pirate ship from the age of eight, Jesse wants the one man she cannot have - a pirate hunter. As luck would have it, Dulac wants her too, but he is very resistant. For Jesse is known to everyone not only as a pirate but also as a boy, and how can she have her man without exposing her secret to the world?

message 6: by Darlene (last edited Mar 10, 2015 09:46AM) (new)

Darlene (darlenemarshall) | 41 comments Hello, Jenny--

Please add Sea Change where the heroine is disguised as a (male) surgeon aboard a privateer, and Pirate's Price where the heroine captains a pirate ship to rob her husband.

Thanks!

message 7: by Regan (new)

Regan Walker (regansromance) | 36 comments In Wind Raven, the heroine, raised with her brothers on their's father's ship, dresses as a boy.

Wind Raven (Agents of the Crown, #3) by Regan Walker

message 8: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (PirateHeart) | 1 comments It might not be a romance per se, but the first book in the Bloody Jack series has its heroine disguised as a ship's boy on some sort of military vessel, if I remember correctly, and it does have some underlying romantic plotlines.