Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Gunmetal Magic (World of Kate Daniels, #6 & #6.5; Andrea Nash, #1, Kate Daniels, #5.5)
This topic is about Gunmetal Magic
Kate Daniels: The Books > Gunmetal Magic (Book 5.5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lady Jaye (last edited Feb 21, 2012 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 53 comments Here's a snippet of Andrea's book. 1st chapter, up on Ilona Andrews' website

Part 1: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/snippet-...

Part 2: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/snippet-...

Issa (goddess_issa) Awesome! I have always wanted to know more about her background and am really looking forward to this installment.

Katie | 10 comments I can't wait for this book, or any book in the KD world for that matter

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 53 comments Me too, Issa and Katie. I'm more excited for Andrea's boo now than I was.

message 5: by Julia26 (last edited Feb 21, 2012 03:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Julia26 | 8 comments I think in this first chapter we already see a new side of Andrea!
(view spoiler)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments I liked Andrea from the moment I read the short story in Must Love Hellhounds (Includes Guild Hunter, #1.5; Kate Daniels, #3.5; The Guardians, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #9.2) by Charlaine Harris where she got together with her bouda.
So I didn't have any reservation to get another book about her and anyway Kate and Curran are going to make quite some appearances - or so I hope.
After the first chapter I'm really looking forward to return to the world of kate Daniels.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I won't read the first chapter. I prefer to read the book in one go.

Although I don't have a problem with Andrea or Raphael I don't know if I need a whole book about them, especially since it might have too much romance in it. I'm not really looking forward to a PR book witha HEA in the end.

But maybe I'll get lots of Curran!

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments HEA????

Well, I don't mind having a book focusing on Andrea. I have read the snippets and posted chapter and I can't wait for the book to come out. I hope Raphael begs for Andrea back and I hope she takes the opportunity to date other ppl and flaunt them in his face. I doubt this book will be a PR if going by her other books specifically KD Series so I won't worry about that but I do hope the are romantic scenes.

Nefertiti (bluebreeze) | 2 comments I am ridicuously excited about this book. Im not the biggest fan of Andrea, but love Raphael.

message 11: by Issa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Issa (goddess_issa) I've never really liked Raphael...but more in that I really love to hate you and hope Andrea kicks your butt kind of way. So I really hope she does kick his butt in this one.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) HEA - Happily Ever After

I hope they won't end up together. Would be a cool surprise and not predictable.

Can't wait for more Ascanio!

Julia26 | 8 comments I don't know if everybody knows that, but we already got a short glimpse of the story in Magic Gifts! It's a short story from Kates POV and it shows us what Kate and Curran are doing while Andrea has her adventure! therefore I don't think we will get too much KAte and Curran in Andrea's book and I think it will be not that much romance in it, Sarah!

message 14: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Feb 23, 2012 01:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) That would be a shame. I defo want more Curran!

I still think there'll be lots of romance with Andrea and Raphael.

Julia26 | 8 comments I think and hope the "case" will be in the focus, not the love story! I'm not against romance, but I like lots of action and a thrilling storyline!

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Curran, he action and the (Pack) politics are my fave parts of the series.

Superbunny (superbunny10) | 23 comments Sarah wrote: "They published the cover.

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/writing/..."

i was soo looking forward to a pic of raphael :( i don't really care about andrea... i'd be reading it for raphael.

message 19: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Mar 08, 2012 11:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Yeah, I like Andrea but I'm generally more intrested in the males. So Raphael, Derek, Ascanio and Curran will be my focus.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Bah! Raphael is not right for Andrea. When push came to shove, he dumped her like a leper in a penal colony! I would rather see "Gunmetal Magic" focus on her - failed - attempts to fight off the romantic tactics of Roman. While we don't know much about Roman, I think it would be fun to see these two going at it!

Please understand, I don't have a clue what the premise of the book on Andrea is, and it probably will center on Mr. Loser and Andrea, but Roman is who I would like to see step in and treat Andrea as she should be treated.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "I won't read the first chapter. I prefer to read the book in one go."

I agree with you, Sarah. I never read the teaser chapters for a book, whether they are online, or at the end of the previous book. I'll just wait for the real thing.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Duane wrote: "Please understand, I don't have a clue what the premise of the book on Andrea is, and it probably will center on Mr. Loser and Andrea, but Roman is who I would like to see step in and treat Andrea as she should be treated."

I'd prefer that as well. I don't have a problem with Raphael but him and Andrea getting together would be too predictable.

message 23: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Apr 30, 2012 05:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i really hope Andrea gets Raphael back from that crap he pulled (view spoiler) im also hoping we see more of Ascanio, Roman and Derek.
<3 Derek :P

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Bah, Raphael is a spoiled mama's boy who has no idea of real life. Once he get what he wants, which is usually in some chicks pants, he dumps them to move on to new conquests. This is exactly what he did with Andrea. Andrea should secure Raphael to a chair with sturdy straps, his bare back facing outwards, and beat him severely with a steel tipped whip until he realizes the error of his ways. She could be doing this to him in her birthday suit just to further punish him - knowing its there but he won't be getting any. Brahahaha! I don't think I care much for Raphael. How dare he treat my girl the way he did.

While Roman might be the same way, if he is not brought into the fold we will never know his true intentions towards Andrea. We need the relationship between the two to expand so we can see the results.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) at least if Andrea dates...or whatever with Roman and rub's it in Rapheal's face at least we know Roman can defend himself... hopefully even kick Rapheal's ass, now that would be amusing to see.

Hanne | 13 comments I have the memory of a gold fish. Who is this Roman character again?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

He is the young Vohlv, or however its spelled. His mother is the witch Kate visited - Baba Yaga. Kate is related to the witch, and I guess by default to Roman.

Lannister (lannisteruk) Duane wrote: "Andrea should secure Raphael to a chair with sturdy straps, his bare back facing outwards, and beat him severely with a steel tipped whip until he realizes the error of his ways. She could be doing this to him in her birthday suit just to further punish him - "

I think we've strayed into Duane's fantasy world here!! :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

And a fine one it is!

Lannister (lannisteruk) LOL!

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments I think Andrea and Raphael have a bond in the sense that if you look at Kate and Curran how long it took them to be together. I think or hope that IA will make it that Andrea dates Roman and Raphael gets jealous sees what he's missing and comes back to her on his hands and knees. I think Andrea is a main character but if she not with Raphael then will we have appearances from the Bouda clan. Then it looks like possilbly Roman might be a re-occurance due to Kate's relationship to the witch. I wish the book was out so we could all read what happens next.

message 32: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 49 comments Anika wrote: "I think Andrea and Raphael have a bond in the sense that if you look at Kate and Curran how long it took them to be together. I think or hope that IA will make it that Andrea dates Roman and Rapha..."

I heartily second that wish!

message 33: by Issa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Issa (goddess_issa) What I'd like to see is Raphael actually supporting Andrea in something. He never has unless it is what he wants and that always has been big black spot in my view of him.

Wendy (cybagem) | 8 comments I agree with everyone that said Andrea should kick Rapheal to the curb for good. I want the focus to be on the case and Andrea's own characterization but if there must be a romance side to things, I want Roman because we may learn a little more about Kate's mother from him.

See, I tuned it around to myKate. I miss her so much :(

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Ilona on FB.

While I remember: if you did not read Magic Gifts, read it first before Gunmetal magic. It's in the same book toward the end.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) i think andrea should just get with Rojman just so she can rub it in Rafe's face like he did to her. lol. what can i say, im in a spiteful mood todays rafe, he was a douche :P

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 53 comments Guess what my kindle just got? :::Rushing off to go read gunmetal magic::::

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) ♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "i think andrea should just get with Rojman just so she can rub it in Rafe's face like he did to her. lol. what can i say, im in a spiteful mood todays rafe, he was a douche :P"

I don't want Andrea with Raphael. Way too predictable.

Hanne | 13 comments Zeenat wrote: "Guess what my kindle just got? :::Rushing off to go read gunmetal magic::::"

OMG. Me too. So excited. I read a few reviews, and it sounds really good.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 53 comments Read through chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 41: by Ila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ila | 5 comments Oh no!! Can't find Gunmetal Magic on Kindle, says not available :( Any know what's up?

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 53 comments Are you in the U.s. Ila? Here is the link if you are:

http://www.amazon.com/Gunmetal-Magic-...

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 53 comments Finished :)

message 44: by Ila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ila | 5 comments Nope in the UK, but I have a US amazon kindle account. Still says not available, oh well, shall get the UK paperback. Can't wait to read it !!

message 45: by Hanne (last edited Aug 01, 2012 12:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hanne | 13 comments I was able to buy it in Norway (from amazon.com). The kindle version. So you should be able to buy it in the UK too.

I started reading the novella first. Wow. So fun to be back in the Kate Daniels world.

message 46: by Issa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Issa (goddess_issa) Read it last night. I love Andrea. I love Dali too but Andrea has always been a favorite. I'm glad she got her own book.

I have to say though I did not like this one as much as I've liked the others. The first half of the book was great and I'm glad they didn't string out the painful parts of A and R fighting too long.

The mythology threw me in this one and I would have liked the book better if they'd cut some of that down. It made the second half of the book harder to read.

Roman I adore and hope to see more of him. Though for such a big wig magic type guy he's supposed to be, his magic seemed a bit weak at times.

After seeing Kate appear in this one, I think I'd prefer not to have so much page time. I found that my perception of her has been based from being in Kate's head and experiencing all her wackiness. Seeing her from the outside made her a little stiff and less interesting.

So those are my general initial thoughts. I am very psyched for the next one.

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 53 comments I am almost done with my reading.

In the case of Dali, I wasn't sure I liked her, but came to love and enjoy her perspective after reading her novella. With Andrea it is the complete opposite. I liked her before I read her novella and now the novel, and now I think much less of her than before.

I adore Roman!

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) That's interesting. Why do you think less of her, Lady Jaye?

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 53 comments I just didn't like the whole immaturity and foolishness with Raphael. Yes, yes, yes, he hurt her badly, she was hurting, hurt people do things like that, blah blah blah...but not all hurt people behave like idiots back... I dunno. I expected something more from her than behaving like Raphael. Plus, she chose Raphael. Eh. :D

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 53 comments PS: The ending was super cute though.

« previous 1