Language & Grammar discussion

Language in Literature > My poem is published

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 15767 comments Mod
VIA - Voices in Italian American has just published my poem, Sewing Lessons. VIA is a semiannual literary and cultural review of and about Italians in North America. My poem is about my immigrant aunts, who worked all their lives sewing, and about the process of becoming American, of learning to "suture the fabric,
line for line, dot for dot, notch for notch,
so the seams can hardly be seen."

This is a print publication, so you can't read my poem online, but the website is http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/calandra/b...

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
Congrats again. Have the past 6 mos. been your most successful publishing stretch yet?

message 3: by Ruth (new)

I wouldn't need a scanner to put it here, as I keep all my writing in my computer.

However much I'd like to share, though, it wouldn't be cricket. Not yet, anyway. The journal has just come out. They want people to buy it. Posting it on the open internet bypasses that process. IOW, I'm not gonna bite the hand that feeds me.

Later, it'll be fine. Copyright reverts to me.

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Newengland wrote: "Congrats again. Have the past 6 mos. been your most successful publishing stretch yet?"

I think what this represents is a concerted effort at submission some months ago. I gotta get on that horse again.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10390 comments I thought that might be the case, Ruth.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
See? What Mom said about due diligence was right as usual...