My YA Obsession discussion

60 views
Guys > Jace Herondale

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soumi (new)

Soumi (soumiroy) | 66 comments Mod
Discuss about Jace here


message 2: by Emily V, Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be EVER in your favour! (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 214 comments Mod
I didn't know his last name was Herondale, so hes related to will?


message 3: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments You find out that he is a Herondale is like the third book? By last name we are assuming that he is. In some distant way. He has the scar that all Herondales are supposed to have, although I don't know if that's from actually being a Herondale or from the angel blood he has. Anyone know? Because Clary has a scar from the angel blood too doesn't she?


message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kitkatdallibooks) | 4 comments jaaaaaaaace


message 5: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay Jammie wrote: "You find out that he is a Herondale is like the third book? By last name we are assuming that he is. In some distant way. He has the scar that all Herondales are supposed to have, although I don't ..."

Yes, but their scars are different.
Jace's scar is the scar that all Herondales have. Clary has a scar because she has even more angel blood than normal shadowhunters...


message 6: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay I am absolutely and irrevocably in love with Jace Wayland/Lightwood/Herondale!!! +.+
He is the man of my dreams!! He is perfect!!
First of all, I love a tormented hero +.+ I just feel like hold tormented heroes in my arms and make the pain go away!
I love how batte scarred Jace pretends to be tough and above things like love but, in the end, he is so fragile and just wants someone to love him. +.+
OMG!! And the struggle within him because of his feelings, for Clary when he thought they were siblings *sigh* This touches me in a way you could never know!! +.+
And of course, the fact that he is sexy as hell only makes me love him more +.+
I can only imagine Jace Herondale, in the morning sun, like a tower of golden shades bathing everyone with this light. *sigh*



message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Okay. Thanks Lucy. I wasn't sure. Been a while since I read the first ones and they don't talk about it in the latest ones.


message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (elleyeun) Emily wrote: "I didn't know his last name was Herondale, so hes related to will?"

Wait in which series????


message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments In The Mortal Instruments. Jace is by blood a Herondale.


message 10: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay Jammie wrote: "Okay. Thanks Lucy. I wasn't sure. Been a while since I read the first ones and they don't talk about it in the latest ones."

Anytime :)


message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

I thought his last name ws Wayland. Hmm.....


message 12: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay He was Jace Wayland in the beginning because everyone thought that he was Jonathan Wayland, Michael Wayland's son.
But the truth is, he is the son of Stephen and Céline Herondale!


message 13: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Have you read all of the books? He goes from Wayland to Morgenstern to Herondale. I like to think of him as Jace Lightwood :) Because they are his real family.


message 14: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Same, I think Jace Lightwood sounds good too :)
The Lightwoods raised him, and he's practically lived with them his whole life...
Four days till CoLS!


message 15: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments Blood doesn't mean family. The lightwoods are his family :)

I can't wait! I'm so scared and so excited at the same time. But I am probably not going to get mine till a few days after it comes out :( Because I ordered it online the same place I got Clockwork Prince, and it didn't come until a few days after the release date.


message 16: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) Oh D: for me, i probably won't even get to reading it till like the end of may...because of all this school work...I'm going to have to read The Savage Grace, Insurgent, and City of Lost Souls really quickly! And those are only the new releases...not the books that have been on my to-read list for just about forever...it feels like for every book i finish, my friends will add like 10 more. lol.


message 17: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments That sucks. I have heaps of assignments and tests at the moment too :/ But I am going to be naughty and read it as soon as I get it. I still haven't got Insurgent. Grr at my bookstore. It won't be in till like Monday, so I am going to have to try and make the last 60 pages of Divergent last me three days. It's torture. So many books coming out this month and next.


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jammie wrote: "Have you read all of the books? He goes from Wayland to Morgenstern to Herondale. I like to think of him as Jace Lightwood :) Because they are his real family."



No. I haven't read any. I'm starting City of Bones tommorow!


message 19: by Lucy Qhuay (last edited May 04, 2012 08:06AM) (new)

Lucy Qhuay Jammie wrote: "Have you read all of the books? He goes from Wayland to Morgenstern to Herondale. I like to think of him as Jace Lightwood :) Because they are his real family."

Yes, I have read all the books!! I totally worship Cassandra Clare and her work and I am totally in love with Jace +.+
Yes, most of the people like to think of him as Jace Lightwood because the Lightwoods took him and Jace himself wants to be known as Jace Lightwood. That's what Clary says.
However, I prefer to think of him as Jace Herondale. I find it very sad that Jace has no one of his blood in the world. He has no dad, no mom, no grandparents. :'(
I think Stephen would have loved Jace very much if he was alive so I want to recognize that Jace is his son therefore a Herondale.
That's why I prefer to think of him as Jace Herondale.
Also, in spite of my hatred for Valentine, I prefer to think of Clary as Clary Morgenstern and not Clary Fray.
This is the truth - Clary is Valentine's daughter so she is a Morgenstern. It is weird to think of her as Clary Fray. It seems that she is only Jocelyn's daughter and that's not true. She is a Morgenstern!


message 20: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 180 comments @Josie Sorry if I spoiled anything for you! But I'm glad you are going to read them. They are one of my favourite series, Cassandra Clare is amazing, she just loves to torture her fans too. Haha. Hope you like them! :D

@Lucy My comment was directed at Lucy. And me too!! She is just amazing. Yeah, I definitely always think of him as Jace Herondale too because that is who he is. But if I were to pick a name he should take it would be Lightwood. I like your reasoning. It is so sad to think about Stephen. I definitely think that he would have loved Jace too.
I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Valentine. I hate him for obvious reasons. But I love his character too, because he is just so complex (like all of Cassie's characters) and he is just such an amazing villain that I can't help but love him just a little. But I can't think of Clary as a Morgenstern. Because like I said before, to me blood doesn't mean family. He is her father. And that is all. I can't help but think of her as Clary Fray, because that's how we met her, and I like how it sounds.


back to top