The Great Flood discussion

North America > Canada

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 400 comments Mod
Where snowy mountains used to block out the sun. Now where some people take frozen refuge.

message 2: by Sky (new)

Dana warmed her hands over her makeshift fire, looking around her. She wondered who else was out there.

message 3: by Sky (new)

Dana jumped, startled by the shout. She peered through the setting sun, but didn't see anyone at first. She wondered if she was beginning to hear things as she continued to look for the source of the voices.

message 4: by Sky (new)

"Hello?" Dana called tentatively, not having any idea who was running towards her. Her heart raced, thinking it might even be some cannibal people who would eat her if they were starving. She laughed bitterly to herself, thinking her imagination was too wild.

message 5: by Sky (new)

((Okay))

Dana looked at him skeptically. "Maybe here, but we're not the only ones. I hear there's a base somewhere in Mississippi that survivors are hiding out until the waters recede," she said, poking at the embers of her fire with a stick, looking into the flames.

message 6: by Sky (new)

Dana raised her eyebrows at him. "Around here? Not exactly. It's all the way south in the United States. We're a long ways away...and the water's going to freeze over soon..."

message 7: by Sky (new)

Dana nodded. "We have less than a month," she said offhandedly. "I used to live a lot further north, but I've been travelling south as fast as I can so I'm out of here when the ice freezes. I heard about the base from someone else, and we'd been travelling together." Her expression darkened.

message 8: by Sky (new)

Dana nodded. "That'd be great," she said, a small smile on her face. Then it faded. "But it's just me now. My friend, Gabriel, died a few months ago. The water froze over top of him," she explained, her voice faint.

message 9: by Sky (new)

((They could go to sleep? Or figure out a plan and start moving. Up to you. I'm good with anything, really))

Dana smiled faintly. "There's not a lot of us left in Canada. Most of the people here got wiped out by avalanches, and a lot of people drowned, since most of the water is freezing." Her fire started to die out, and she didn't have enough wood to waste it all keeping hers going.

message 10: by Sky (new)

((Not a bad idea. I know there's one survival team out, but we should probably get another one going, so we have more than one actually activated...))

message 11: by Sky (new)

❊Sky❊ wrote: "((They could go to sleep? Or figure out a plan and start moving. Up to you. I'm good with anything, really))

Dana smiled faintly. "There's not a lot of us left in Canada. Most of the people here g..."