The Great Flood discussion

North America > The United States

Comments Showing 1-50 of 759 (759 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 400 comments Mod
Tall buildings are pretty much what keep people alive here. But what if the structure starts to collapse?

message 2: by Sky (new)

Tessa sighed, leaning against what used to be one of the top floors of a skyscraper, resting on what was the gas station roof. She hoped it wouldn't start drifting away and she reached into her bag and pulled out a can of Spaghettios. She used her pocketknife to cut it open, and bent the lid into a spoon. She hadn't eaten for at least a day, and figured she might as well now.

message 3: by Sky (new)

Annie peered over the edge of her boat and saw that there was something large drifting around in the water beneath her. Her heart started racing, not knowing what it was. She pulled out the big butcher knife she'd managed to find in the water a few weeks ago. She stared down into the water, anxiously waiting to see if whatever it was would come up to the surface.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ocean looked out at her namesake as it filled the Earth, taking everything in site.

message 5: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Somewhere in Southern Idaho:

Charlie knelt down and removed her shoes, stuffing them in her large knapsack. Better save them for when she really needed them than by this would-be stream. More of a river now. She stood again, brushing the sand off of her rolled-up jeans and continuing on.

message 6: by Sky (new)

Annie jumped backwards, scared out of her mind. She breathed heavily for a moment, trying to catch her breath. "You...scared...the living..." she shook her head, not finishing her sentence. She slipped the knife back into her pocket.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) A tear slipped down Ocean's cheek. She was going to die alone surrounded by nothingness. It wasn't fair.

message 8: by Sky (new)

((We could do that. I mean, no one can be in a colder place when winter sets in, cause the water freezes over. So maybe everyone could just start doing that, and we could make distance seem shorter...))

message 9: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ((Huh?))

message 10: by Sky (new)

((that, and water freezes when winter sets in, right? So maybe all of these people have to reach the base before the water freezes over or they die? Motivates people to move faster, then everyone's bumping into each other...))

message 11: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ((Hang on, we know about the base?))

message 12: by Sky (new)

((Some of the charries can, and some might not. If they don't, they could always run into someone who does know about it...then they could all go look for it...))

message 13: by L (last edited Feb 24, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ((Okay. Where is everyone going?(Sorry, I must look like a clueless idiot, but I really would like to know!)))

message 14: by Sky (new)

((That's okay, I was still deciding where it should be for the past few days. I'm thinking it's between Mississippi and Alabama. Because it's so big, it crosses the border between the two.))

message 15: by Sky (new)

Annie looked at her in confusion. "Wait...Jimmy? Who are you talking about? And where did you come from?"

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ocean closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them she saw a dark speck in the water. "Oh, my God," She gasped then jumped up. "Hey!" She yelled at the dot, "Hey! Over here!"

message 17: by Sky (last edited Feb 25, 2012 09:37AM) (new)

Annie looked over in the same direction, wondering what she was looking at. "Who are you calling to?"

Annie tried to calm down, taking a deep breath. Her heartbeat was racing, but it wouldn't slow down.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Serena is who you're with, Ocean is in a cave a little ways away from you.)

message 19: by Sky (new)

((Ahh, oops. Gosh, I can't read today...))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Haha)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) "Hello?" Ocean called, hearing another voice. There were more people! "Hello? Are you here to save me?"

message 22: by Sky (new)

((Up to you))

Annie wondered what the heck was going on, but she shrugged and followed the woman towards the cave.

message 23: by Sky (new)

"Annie," she said suddenly, forgetting to introduce herself earlier. "I'm Annie. Where are you?" she called.

message 24: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ❊Sky❊ wrote: "((That's okay, I was still deciding where it should be for the past few days. I'm thinking it's between Mississippi and Alabama. Because it's so big, it crosses the border between the two.))"

((Mississippi and Alabama are nowhere near Canada...?))

Charlie waded into the water, waist deep at deepest. Her knapsack now sat around her shoulders, to stay dry.

message 25: by Sky (new)

((Nope, but that means everyone's got to go looking for it...some people hear of it cause they run into someone else that's looking for it, but no one really knows where it is besides the Survival teams and the people that are already there. Mostly, everyone in North America has to at least go south before the water freezes for the winter))

Annie smiled at her. "That's alright. Times are hard enough as it is. Sorry, but I didn't catch your name."

Tess sighed and threw the empty can into her bag, thinking she'd rather not throw it in the water and alert anything in it that she was there. She tucked her hands under her arms and debated setting a fire.

message 26: by L (last edited Feb 26, 2012 10:03PM) (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ((So the survival base is down there?))

Charlie pulled her shoes back on, flexing her feet a little inside to warm them up. She popped her neck and shoved her hands in her pockets. It was starting to get cold, she was still hungry, and she still hadn't reached the amount she'd wanted to walk before stopping.

Grief drew her arms inside her hoodie, rubbing her arms as she stopped, and turned around. Maybe she should go south. Stupid idea, you'd basically be backtracking. Go one direction.
But that's towards Canada. The water's risen more than I expected, and it's going to freeze soon.
Good old truth.

message 27: by Sky (new)

((Yep, because it's pretty flat land, I think.))

Annie nodded her head, thinking. Hm, how did they get a water-logged grill to start. They must be pretty smart with mechanics. "Wow. Where are you headed?"

message 28: by Sky (new)

Annie nodded. "We've all got to be careful, though. When the water starts to freeze over, food's going to be especially hard to find."

message 29: by L (last edited Feb 29, 2012 03:24PM) (new)

L (audinosbiitch) ❊Sky❊ wrote: "((Yep, because it's pretty flat land, I think.))

Annie nodded her head, thinking. Hm, how did they get a water-logged grill to start. They must be pretty smart with mechanics. "Wow. Where are you..."

((Cool. Thank you. Would post but too busy.))

message 30: by Sky (new)

((Same here. Got a lot going on this month...might not be online a whole lot...))

(S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃 | 93 comments ((Hey im wondering where i can jump in, is there anyone anywhere that wouldn't mind a little company?))

message 32: by Sky (new)

((Hm...I don't really know at the moment, but what we do need are more people in Survival Teams, looking for people. If anyone has the time to make a charrie for that, that would be awesome.
@Asami: And you can just jump in wherever, and someone else can RP with you once they see your post))

message 33: by Sky (new)

ℰᏤε wrote: ""That's what I told them," Was her reply. She swam in silence for a while, reaching their destination after a couple of minuets. Drew dunked under, then pushed herself up as high as she could, gett..."

Luke gripped the edge of the building with his right hand, reaching up with his left to grasp Drew's, using it to pull himself up. "Thanks," he said, running his hand through his hair to shake most of the water out. He slid his bag off his back, pulled out his compass, map, and red pen, and studied them for a moment before marking the map.

message 34: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments Drew twisted her hair with two hands, coming to sit next to Luke as she squeezed the water from her blond curls. "Whatcha up to?" She asked, beginning to extract the water from her skin-tight tank top using the same method.

message 35: by Sky (new)

Luke studied the map for another second before looking up at her. "I marked the map where the base was in red," he said, pointing to the dot, "so we'll always know where it is, when we have to go back. Now, we just have to decide where we're headed from here." He looked at her expectantly.

message 36: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments She looked around at the vast expanse of water. A speck was visible on the northern horizon. She shrugged, saying with absolute certainty, "We're headed there." She pointed one finger towards the random blotch some miles away.

message 37: by Sky (new)

Luke squinted, trying to see what she was pointing at, and saw....something...off in the distance. "Probably a good idea. We should stay north so we can get those people to the base before the water freezes over." He paused, wondering what they would do if they didn't get back fast enough.

message 38: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments She nodded, laughing slightly "It'll be a blast," She wasn't worried. What happens happens, and she'd deal with it when she had to, not before. She had gotten most of the water out of her shirt, "We should do some recon around this area first, there's some buildings around here, and there might be some hidden treasure."

message 39: by Sky (new)

He had to laugh at that, most of his worries seeming trivial since they didn't dwell on them. "I'm not wearing an eye-patch, that's all I'm saying," he said, holding his hands up in defense. "That's all you. But how are we going to dive deep enough to find it without air? I mean, I can stay under for a while, but the pressure gets pretty bad once you go really deep..."

message 40: by Eve (last edited Mar 04, 2012 10:44AM) (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments She shrugged, "Some of the buildings are air tight, at least they should be in this area. The flood gave this place some time to get working- some time and Dr. X." She stood, "If we can get a roof access, then we should be in business." She paused for a moment then added, "And I wouldn't discount the whole pirate thing. Personally, I think I'd look pretty sexy in an eye patch."

message 41: by Sky (new)

He grinned. "Well, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe you'll be in luck." He peered out into the distance. "Well, since there doesn't appear to be anything useful to make a raft out of, are we just going to swim to the buildings and see if any of them work?" He raised her eyebrows at her. "If you can handle that," he added teasingly.

message 42: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments "Only if you can handle being shown up!" She winked and dove into the frigid water again. She could swim, that was definite, but it didn't mean that water didn't bring back bad memories. She shivered slightly, and free stroked a couple of feet before stoping to wait for Luke to jump in.

message 43: by Sky (last edited Mar 04, 2012 12:45PM) (new)

Luke laughed. "As if," he said, stashing his stuff back in his bag before strapping it over his shoulder again, diving underwater. After a minute or two, he still hadn't surfaced.

(S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃 | 93 comments ((k, thnx!!!))

Ana Maria bit into the apple as she hiked up the hill. She figured that she just crossed Arizona and was heading north, but she wasn't sure. She pulled the sombrero back up onto her head. It wasn't as hot as the desert, but the sun was beating down just as hard, and she ran out of sunscreene a few days ago.

message 45: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments Drew started to get worried. She couldn't lose Luke so early on, besides if he died, she'd get sent back to the Base. After an MIA, she'd never get approved to go out again- she might even face trial or imprisonment. I swear if he's dead, I'll kill him. She though and plunged under the surface, opening her eyes to look around in the murky depths for Luke.

message 46: by Sky (last edited Mar 05, 2012 02:06PM) (new)

Luke's leg was caught in some kind of wire--probably an old electrical line. Every time he tried to untangle himself, it would shock him. It burned the skin on his fingers, since water conducted electricity. He cursed, bubbles escaping from his mouth, floating towards the surface. He debated using his knife, but knew that would probably kill him when it hit the wire.

(S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃 | 93 comments Ana made it over the hill and looked down at a smallerish town. She'd been throuhgh many already, and very few, if anyone was there. The people how were had gone crazy, or refused to leave, believe the lord would save them. She sighed, not really wanting to go through that again, but then.. was that someone over there? Why was he by that pile of... wire? Ana went down faster then she was planning too. "Hey!" she called, looking at person.

message 48: by Sky (new)

((Um...two things. Luke is 1) underwater, and 2) really far south. So I think they're both in completely different locations. But I have another girl that could be in the same spot as Ana. Do you want to rp with her?))

message 49: by Sky (new)

❊Sky❊ wrote: "Tessa sighed, leaning against what used to be one of the top floors of a skyscraper, resting on what was the gas station roof. She hoped it wouldn't start drifting away and she reached into her bag and pulled out a can of Spaghettios. She used her pocketknife to cut it open, and bent the lid into a spoon. She hadn't eaten for at least a day, and figured she might as well now."

message 50: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) | 229 comments Sparks of light caught Drew's attention about twenty feet below her. Heart jumping, she sprung up for air once before propelling herself down again, her ears popping, and soon ringing as the pressure increased. Luke was within sight now, and Drew swam faster, reaching him, and taking in the situation. His leg was snagged and sparks jumped across the wire with even the smallest movement. Bracing herself, she found a knife with a rubber grip and flipped it so the rubber side faced the problem. As gently as she could, Drew worked to expand the loop encircling Luke's leg. Her hand slipped once as she was almost done and she drew in a breath of flood water. Coughing violently, she managed to loosen the wire and free Luke, grabbing him around the waist and kicking up to the surface. They were nearer to the previous building then they had been before, so three frantic strokes brought them both to the building top where Drew flopped Luke and herself onto the roughly dry concrete.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16