Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > New Member!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookish92) | 4 comments Hi,
I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hannah, I'm 20 and I love to read. I am currently doing a BA(Hons) Degree focusing on Creative Writing and Literature. I love writing, and am currently editing a novel I wrote for Nanowrimo last year. I hope to get it published soon.
I love clean romances, and have read quite a few, ranging from classics to contemporary fiction.
I'm excited to look round the bookshelves, and start adding my own suggestions.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Scarlett | 2 comments Hi Hannah! Congrats on the novel! I attempted Nano last year but categorically failed. Have you read Self Editing for the Fiction Writer? I consider it an invaluable tool. Seriously, I credit it, at least partly, for my success at getting published. Self-Editing for Fiction Writers How to Edit Yourself Into Print by Renni Browne

message 3: by Ginger (last edited Feb 19, 2012 07:11AM) (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hello and welcome newbies (I can say that because I joined last week!)
Hope you all feel at home! Lots of good people and good suggestions here.

message 4: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Hannah! We look forward to seeing what titles you add to our shelf. Enjoy the book discussions and don't forget to check out the folder of book contests and giveaways. :O)

~Jaimey
www.jaimeygrant.com
www.anauthorsart.com

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookish92) | 4 comments Anna wrote: "Hi Hannah! Congrats on the novel! I attempted Nano last year but categorically failed. Have you read Self Editing for the Fiction Writer? I consider it an invaluable tool. Seriously, I credit it, a..."

I haven't but I will check it out.

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne hi all

just joined minutes ago. i am not a real big romance reader due to not knowing that there were actual clean romances out there but now that i have discovered them it may well change. i also decided to join for my mother in law. she is 85 and loves a good read. She is a big fan of romances and lovely stories so i thought i could get some great ideas for her when looking for new books for her to read.
any suggestions on where to start that would be great.

thanks all

message 7: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments I would suggest for you to start with the group bookshelf until someone has suggestions for you. This has to be one of the most organized groups I have joined, and the bookshelves are all broken down into clearly understandable genres and subgenres. Very easy to locate something you and your mom-in-law will enjoy!

message 8: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments I had time to think about my last comment, and it occurred to me that it might sound a little unwelcoming and a bit...well...dumb. I claim brain fatigue! Probably would have been better to ask what sort of books you like and then make suggestions. Anyway, Joanne and mom-in-law, welcome and hope you get many helpful recommendations!

message 9: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Hannah and Joanne!

Hannah, I can vouch for that self-editing book that Anna recommended. As a writer, it's one of my favorites!

Joanne, Ginger is right, check out our group bookshelf. Whatever your mother-in-law's particular interests are, you're bound to find some great reads in that category on our shelves.

message 10: by Bookin (new)

Bookin | 1 comments I am new to the group,I am glad to find this group. Even though I read many genres I love a good romance, or historical fiction with a romance back story. I sometimes have a hard time finding books that are not to slow but fit this mood when I am in it. SO this is exciting to be able to have some like minded readers picks to choose from. The last 2 romances I read have beenThe Last Letter There is really more to it then romance alot going on in this book. I loved it and read it cover to cover in one night. Come Back to Me I really enjoyed this however was annoyed with the husband at times and the ending. But in a I loved it annoyed way. Like it was good story about life and life has twists and turns.
Well I am off to go through the book shelf to find a new book.

message 11: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Bookin! We hope you find some great new books to love here. :-)

message 12: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Hannah wrote: "Hi,
I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hannah, I'm 20 and I love to read. I am currently doing a BA(Hons) Degree focusing on Creative Writing and Literature. I love wr..."

Welcome, Hannah! And to anyone else I missed, welcome!

message 13: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Nafiul! Believe it or not, you're not the only guy in our clean romance group. :-) Yes, you'll find many, many Jane Austen fans here. And pretty much any book on our shelves should be safe for your little sis. She's in good company here!

message 14: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Welcome, Nafiul!

Wow! What a great opportunity. If you're looking to pick up chicks, you came to the right place. Especially being all sensitive and the only guy here! Just kidding. Glad to have you. How old is your sis?

message 15: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Whoa! Hold on there, buster, I'm taken. Besides, I know you're just saying that because my dog is so adorable. Anyway, there are lots of ladies here that have daughters, nieces, etc...around the same age. I'm sure they'll have a ton of suggestions. There are also lots of writer/readers here, too (me among them!) The bookshelf for this group is extremely well organized and a good place to start until you start getting recommendations. Good luck, and again, welcome!

message 16: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Nafiul wrote: "Hiya folks, although its hard to find guys who like clean romance, I happen to have a sister who I want the best for, and that means I would like her to see some good romance....romances these days..."

Nafiul, welcome!!!

message 17: by Joyce, Group Creator (last edited Feb 22, 2012 06:55PM) (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Nafiul wrote: "*muhahahahaha*......well, you can't resisting picking up something from a place that has so many beautiful things, now can you??? *wink* *wink*...lol...Just kidding...

My sis is just 15, so I am v..."

If your sister has read all the JA books, tell her to check out Georgette Heyer's Regency romances. Clean, funny, somewhat similar to JA in style. GH is one of my all-time favorite authors, PERIOD.

Georgette Heyer

message 18: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) Hey everyone, and welcome to all who joined!

Been AWOL lately (was invited to submit a pitch for an in-house project; pitch was accepted; started writing, and now firmly on deadline. Anyhow...)

Nafiul, my dad got me into Jane Austen books when I was younger, and then I moved to Barbara Cartland historicals. You might want to check these out. Cheesy, but some are good books

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Flynn (darcyflynn) | 59 comments Hannah wrote: "Hi,
I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hannah, I'm 20 and I love to read. I am currently doing a BA(Hons) Degree focusing on Creative Writing and Literature. I love wr..."

Welcome Hannah! This is a great group!
Darcy

message 20: by Carmen (new)

Carmen DeSousa (carmendesousa) | 14 comments Welcome, Hannah.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

bonjour!

I'm Elena, i'm from France, love romantic books, and I'm almost 17 years old ^_*

message 22: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Bienvenue, Elena!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Merci beaucoup :)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Comeaux | 57 comments Welcome to all new members! So great to see so many fans of clean romance....and of all ages! :)

Jennifer Comeaux
Life On the Edge

message 25: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 5 comments Hi Im Shelly and im Romanian.

message 26: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hi, Shelly! Sorry. I don't speak Romanian.

message 27: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 5 comments No its fine i speak English!

message 28: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 5 comments Nice to meet you to Nafiul!

message 29: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Have to warn you, Shelly. Nafiul has figured out that the odds are in his favor, being the only male in this group. He's nice but not as innocent as he looks!

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 27 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and I am so happy to find it :) I am writing a series called The Angel Chronicles and, no, it's nothing like what you think :) There is a very clean, sweet romance that readers are really 'on board' with, thus far, and I hope you can take a look. It just received a new 5-star review today!
http://the-angel-chronicles.blogspot....

message 31: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Congrats on your review, Amy, and welcome!

message 32: by Yue (new)

Yue | 22 comments Joyce wrote: If your sister has read all the JA books, tell her to check out Georgette Heyer's Regency romances. Clean, funny, somewhat similar to JA in style. GH is one of my all-time favorite authors, PERIOD.
"

Amen to that.

message 33: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 27 comments Ginger wrote: "Congrats on your review, Amy, and welcome!"

Thank you Ginger! This has just been snow-balling and I am so thankful to everybody - Goodreads, bloggers, readers - it's a really great honor.

message 34: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 5 comments Hahaha!I was well aware of that...But thanks for the warning!:)

message 35: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome to all our wonderful new members! I love how international we've grown. :-)

And I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Nafiul isn't the only man in our group. (Which makes him no less welcome here!)

message 36: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments You're really on to m..."

You had to know when you joined this group that you were in for a little teasing, didn't you? Besides, it's all in good fun!

message 37: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Me too! That's why his picture's there instead of mine. If you all saw what I really look like, you'd turn to stone!

Oh, and where is the other guy, Joyce? I'd say we could give Nafiul a break from all the attention, but I think he likes it!

message 38: by Ginger (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:51PM) (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Guess I'll keep pestering you then. This has the makings of a beautiful relationship! Okay, so maybe we should stop monopolizing the thread!

message 39: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 5 comments Hahaha im so glad i joined this group!:)

message 40: by Feepit (new)

Feepit (feepit123) | 2 comments Hello everyone! I'm new to this group and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good clean romances to me?
Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this)

message 41: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) hi Feepit, and everyone else who's joined since I was last here.
I really enjoy Maeve Binchy's books - they are full of romantic love and supportive love between friends. My favourites are Tara Road and Scarlett Feather.

message 42: by Feepit (new)

Feepit (feepit123) | 2 comments Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out!

message 43: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hi, Feepit!
Welcome to the group! I second Jay's suggestions (I love all things Maeve Binchy!) but it would probably help to know in which genre you prefer to read. As I've pointed out to new members previously, the group bookshelf is exceptionally well organized. You could also check that out while you're waiting for more recommendations.

message 44: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Jones (Lydia6) | 11 comments Hi! I'm Lydia. I'm also a new member. As well as being an avid reader I am a writer of short stories for women's magazines and anthologies. Many of my stories are romances and all of them are clean! I have recently published an e-book for Kindle of some of my best published work: "For A Smile". Available from Kindle or my website: www.lydiajones.co.uk.
However, I'm not just here to promote myself (honest!) and to prove it I'm going to recommend the novels of the late, great D.E. Stevenson.
If you don't know her work, it's very old world English: restrained and understated. (Think "Brief Encounter" and similar black and white movies).
Looking forward to checking out the bookshelves here. :)

message 45: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Hi, Lydia! Nice to have you!

message 46: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome Lydia! We have a promo section below where you're welcome to promote your books. Also feel free to add any clean secular romances to our bookshelf that aren't already there.

message 47: by Debra Jayne (last edited Mar 08, 2012 11:13AM) (new)

Debra Jayne East (debrajayneeast) | 8 comments Hi there. Reading is a wonderful way to fill your heart and mind with exciting things. My clean romance Radiance:Love after Death has got great reviews. I got a great review from Paranormal Romance Reviews http://norachipleybarteau.blogspot.co...
and my book is on Amazon.The link for that is. http://goo.gl/kjNTF
I hope you enjoy Goodreads. It's a awesome place! Debra Jayne East

message 48: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Congrats on your reviews, Debra Jayne, and welcome to the group!

message 49: by Debra Jayne (new)

Debra Jayne East (debrajayneeast) | 8 comments Ginger wrote: "Congrats on your reviews, Debra Jayne, and welcome to the group!"
Thanks.I appreciate the warm welcome. Blessings.

message 50: by Animalia (new)

Animalia | 14 comments Hi everyone! Just recently decided to join after finally making a decision to join a group.

I love reading romance novels even though lots of them are not clean. I've become an expert in skipping inappropriate scenes. But I'd rather not waste the time and actually ENJOY the story without having to skip to the next chapter and then go back to see if I missed anything besides the yucky stuff.

So I hope I'll find some new clean books I'll like. Also I've added some clean novels that I've read so other people can see that they are clean and enjoy them.

« previous 1