Q&A with Nicole Hamlett discussion

What means "happiness" to Grace?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 5 comments I was just wondering... Grace's old life has pretty much evaporated. Her new life is full of exciting, enticing, terrifying and pretty much amazing things.

But... when is Grace happiest? :)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hamlett (nicolehamlett) | 13 comments Mod
James that is a good question. Honestly, I think that Grace is the happiest when she's padding around her house in a pair of faded, worn jeans and spending time with her son.

There are so many things in her life right now that are exciting and dangerous and beyond any level of excitement that she could have hoped for or wanted. It's normal to want a simpler life after that. However, the one constant that has always brought joy and meaning to her life is Dylan. :)

message 3: by James (new)

James | 5 comments Well, then, I hope to see more focus over time on her relationship with Dylan. His ineveitable teenage angst and how Grace deals with it - because let's face it, he's just become the poster-child for being a teen outsider - should prove to be a nice sideline story. :)

Seems like an opportunity for a father-figure to step in and get involved... or even to have his grandfather (how COOL would it be to have Zeus as a grandfather??) get involved in a family way.

Nicole, one of the reasons I love your books and storyline (aside from how damned WELL it's written!) is because Grace clearly comes to life in my mind... and because I continually see new opportunities for all sorts of multiple storylines and POV's as you develop your world. :)

Many other authors I've read create cardboard cutouts to support the "live" central actor. I don't get that from your writings; all the major players have personalities that can easily translate into "living" beings.

Sorry - like I said, I never use one word where 500 will do! :D

Thanks for the answer - I love it!