The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Very New

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 5 comments I'm very new. I am a stay at home mom with a 3 year old and an 11 month old and have discovered reading as an escape to the daily craziness. I haven't read in years and have been inspired by all of the discussions I've read through. Hopefully I can catch up with everyone else and actually contribute to a discussion soon! :D

message 3: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome! You've come to the right place!

message 4: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Brooke....Welcome!!! I know what you mean by trying to catch up with everyone and contribute to the discussions....I don't have little kids anymore but the teenagers I do have keep me busy. I to love to escape the craziness of everyday life. As, I'm sure most of us here do...hehe

Anyways welcome to the group...glad you are here!! :~)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Brooke!

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments Hi Brooke..This is a great place to hang out isn't it?

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen Welcome to the group and back to reading, this site is inspiring, interesting, and you'll love being with the NBBC. Have fun!

message 8: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi brooke, happy reading!!

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Brooke.
Happy you could find us! We will support your new found love of reading, dontcha worry!!

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to Good Reads.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello & welcome to the group!

message 12: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Hey Brooke.
Welcome to the group. We will help build your Mount TBR till you don't have any more room on your book shelves. :)

Petra in 4 days may have a bf fingers crossed (petra-x) Hi Brooke. We chat about all sorts of things, a lot of them nothing to do with books, so jump right in.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Brooke!

message 15: by d4 (new)

d4 Hiya. Just recently got back into the habit of reading this last summer myself.

message 16: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Brooke! Have a great time!

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Welcome to the group Brooke... you will meet wonderful people and find great reads at the same time!!

message 18: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Hey Brooke,
Welcome to the group. Don't worry about "catching up" there are a lot of readers here all with various tastes etc. I think you'll find a lot of things "bubble to the top" and give you some good ideas for future readings.

Welcome.

Wife of GR author: Michael J. Sullivan | The Crown Conspiracy (10/08) | Avempartha (04/09)

message 19: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 5 comments Thanks for all of your greetings. I've already started to add books to my shelves to read based on some of your discussions. I'm really excited. Thanks Robin and Jenn for adding me to your friend lists. :D

Thanks,
Brooke :)

message 20: by onmerryday (new)

onmerryday I'm glad that you have time to escape. I don't have children but I can tell from seeing how my sister gets so busy with her three children. That's loads of work!

Anyway, happy reading!

message 21: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal | 144 comments Hi Brooke! I am a SAHM of two boys. They are 7 and 2. The 7 year old is in school most of the day, but my 2 year old keeps me very busy. I read every time I can sneak in a few pages. I even get to the school to wait for my oldest 30 minutes early so I can sit in the pick up line and read. LOL! And since I quit working about 6 months ago, I have developed a new love for the library. Have fun posting!

message 22: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome Brooke!

Maranda (addlebrained_reader) (mannadonn) | 133 comments Hey Brooke! Welcome to the group! This group definitely reignites the passion for books and reading!

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) I like your escape philosophy Brooke! Hee hee, right on the money with the 2 little ones.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Avempartha (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)