Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Guests to Dry Creek > Margaret Daley is coming for a visit!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Feb 22, 2012 06:49PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
I am excited that my friend, Margaret Daley, is coming to visit with us. She has been with Love Inspired, in the regular and suspense lines, since the beginning (I believe). At least she was there when I first heard of the line. She has written some very exciting books -- I still remember the one she wrote about the Amazon. Very good.

In any event, let's gather our questions for Margaret. Feel free to ask her about her Love Inspired books and the other books she has written for other publishers.

Margaret will come over on Tuesday or Wednesday to answer questions so we have a few days to collect them.Margaret Daley

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments I don't have a question but I just read her new book Saving Hope. Highly recommend that book and the series it's in (it's book 1). I have enjoyed all the books I read from her, mostly the ones within series with multi-authors.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments I have several of Margaret's books also both LI and LIS I am wondering Does Margaret have prefer one line?

message 4: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments I recently read LIS "Hidden in the Everglades", liked it a lot and she kept you turning the pages to see what was happening next with all the "Bad guys".
I could feel myself there with the words you wrote of their escapades.
I am wondering was there a reason for the locality of this story?

message 5: by JanetTronstad (new)

Margaret does pick great locations, doesn't she? I'm going to ask her if she visits each of her locations? I was impressed with the Amazon book and think I read that she had gone there. Not sure if she visits other places before writing about them.

message 6: by Nina (new)

Nina | 126 comments I agree, "Hidden in the Everglades" is a great book

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Also, isn't Saving Hope the book you have with Abington, Margaret? I'm wondering what there was about that story that prompted you to try a different publisher? Was it because of a longer length? Or just the way things happened?

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments I loved Margaret's 3 book series that featured the female bodyguards! I also am liking her new series with the town called Hope. I would like to know what she is working on now.

message 9: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I chat with Margaret off and on, on Facebook and on email! She's wonderful! I think I've read every one of her books. She's one of my favorites! I'm so glad she's coming to visit! Her characters are awesome, as are her storylines. They keep you coming back for more. I'm so glad she has written another book in her female bodyguards line. I doesn't come out until Nov. but I can't wait! I think I've asker her all the questions I have along the way but I am anxious to see all of your questions!

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments I enjoyed reading "Poisoned Secrets" a while back. I have always had an interest in adoptees finding their real parents when they are adults. It kept you guessing about the man in the apartment house. She did a great job! I wonder what her inspiration was for that book??

message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Judy wrote: "I don't have a question but I just read her new book Saving Hope. Highly recommend that book and the series it's in (it's book 1). I have enjoyed all the books I read from her, mostly the ones with..."

Judy, I'm so glad you enjoyed Saving Hope. I had fun plotting a much longer book. My next one in the Men of the Texas Rangers will be out in October 2012 called Shattered Silence. I have two copies up on Goodreads in a giveaway at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12... .

message 12: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I have several of Margaret's books also both LI and LIS I am wondering Does Margaret have prefer one line?"

If I had to choose, it would be romantic suspense. There is something about putting a mystery/suspense together that is challenging but fun.

message 13: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Paula-O wrote: "I recently read LIS "Hidden in the Everglades", liked it a lot and she kept you turning the pages to see what was happening next with all the "Bad guys".
I could feel myself there with the words y..."

I needed a place that was harsh and rough in the United States. Originally I had wanted to set it in a jungle in Central America, but LIS wanted it to be in the U.S. so I thought of a locale that would be challenging for someone and a swamp came to mind.

message 14: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 71 comments I love your books Margaret! They have truly been a blessing to me.

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments I have visited many locations I've used in my book or something similar to the one I use. I haven't been to the Everglades but I have been to several swamps. I haven't been to the Amazon (other than flying over it) but I have been to several jungles in Central America. I've used caves before and have been to quite a few of them.

message 16: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Nina wrote: "I agree, "Hidden in the Everglades" is a great book"
Thanks, Nina and Paula. I loved the title although it wasn't my title but my editor's. Now I can't even remember what I titled it.

message 17: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Also, isn't Saving Hope the book you have with Abington, Margaret? I'm wondering what there was about that story that prompted you to try a different publisher? Was it because of a longer length? ..."

Janet, Saving Hope is gritty than my LIS books. The story is 90,000 words long and would never have fit into a LIS book.

message 18: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, I can see where it would be a challenge, Margaret, to do some suspense stories in the shorter LIS length.

message 19: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "I loved Margaret's 3 book series that featured the female bodyguards! I also am liking her new series with the town called Hope. I would like to know what she is working on now."

Thanks, Laura. The second book in A Town Called Hope series is out in April called A Love Rekindled. I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and I wanted to write a book to honor the people who go through hurricanes. Biloxi, the town I grew up in, has been hit quite a few times by hurricanes in my lifetime--two were a Category 5--Camille and Katrina. Both left a huge mark on the coast.

message 20: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Valri wrote: "I chat with Margaret off and on, on Facebook and on email! She's wonderful! I think I've read every one of her books. She's one of my favorites! I'm so glad she's coming to visit! Her characte..."

Valri, I'm doing my final draft of Christmas Stalking, the fourth female bodyguard book, this week and should have it to my editor by the first of next week.

message 21: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Mary wrote: "I enjoyed reading "Poisoned Secrets" a while back. I have always had an interest in adoptees finding their real parents when they are adults. It kept you guessing about the man in the apartment h..."

Yes, I knew someone who searched for her parents and the long process it took for her to find both her mother and father. She now has a relationship with them, especially her father.

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments SF wrote: "I love your books Margaret! They have truly been a blessing to me."

Thanks, SF. A writer always likes to hear her story has helped someone.

message 23: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) | 107 comments Hi Margaret ::Jill, waving::

message 24: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Hi Margaret have you got a favourite series that you have written?

I have Saving Hope to read hopefully the end of next week.
Is this your first longer book?

message 25: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Hi, Jill. It's great seeing you here. Jillian, Brenda Minton and myself are working on an anthology together for the Heartwarming line for Harlequin. Our stories will take place in Snow Falls, Colorado.

message 26: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments No, it isn't my first longer book, but my first longer romantic suspense, Ausjenny.

message 27: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments That sounds so cool. I have a couple of those books will it be a christmas one?

message 28: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Actually it will be out in January about First Night which is a celebration on New Year's Day involving families.

message 29: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Sounds really cool.
I didn't think Saving Hope was the first longer book.

message 30: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I really enjoyed your answers to everyone's questions, Margaret. It's fun to read your books but also great to get to know the authors behind the books AND the stories behind the books! I know I would enjoy Saving Hope. I entered the giveaway for it but if I don't win, I'll look for it!

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Margaret wrote: "Mary wrote: "I enjoyed reading "Poisoned Secrets" a while back. I have always had an interest in adoptees finding their real parents when they are adults. It kept you guessing about the man in th..."

Hi, Margaret! Welcome. I am still new to a lot of the writers at LI and ACFW, but I know who you are!

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments I am working on a new blogsite and hope to have some reviews on it and other exciting author/reader stuff! Please take a looksie when you have time.

mayrobinson.wordpress.com

There is an author page to say anything you would like.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 126 comments I think my favorites are your Foster by Love series! Although, I did start your A Town Called Hope series too. What was your inspiration behind the Foster by Love series?

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 126 comments Margaret wrote: "Hi, Jill. It's great seeing you here. Jillian, Brenda Minton and myself are working on an anthology together for the Heartwarming line for Harlequin. Our stories will take place in Snow Falls, Colo..."

woohoo! sounds good!

message 35: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Mary wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Mary wrote: "I enjoyed reading "Poisoned Secrets" a while back. I have always had an interest in adoptees finding their real parents when they are adults. It kept you guessing ab..."

Welcome, Mary. I hopped on over to your blog. I like it!

message 36: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Jennifer wrote: "I think my favorites are your Foster by Love series! Although, I did start your A Town Called Hope series too. What was your inspiration behind the Foster by Love series?"

Teaching in a high school, I saw some situations that bothered me concerning children being neglected. It broke my heart when I would hear of a teen being kicked out of his house and have to find a place to stay. That was what motivated me to write the series Fostered by Love.

message 37: by Anita (new)

Anita Draper | 3 comments Hey Margaret, I love reading your books and am thrilled you're stepping up to longer stories. You're an inspiration and role model for those of us struggling in the industry.

message 38: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Thank you, Anita Mae. You are such a talented writer.

message 39: by Anita (new)

Anita Draper | 3 comments Oh wow, thanks! I wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it gladly. :D

message 40: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Margaret, I'm planning to read your Fostered By Love Series. I adopted my daughter out of the foster care system, so I know they would interest me!

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments I am so glad to hear that there will be another book in your female bodyguard series. I already have a copy of A Love Rekindled. It came in my reader service shipment this month. I forgot that it did till you mentioned the title. It's on my TBR pile although my TBR pile actually is more like shelves. LOL I will have to dig it out and read it soon!!

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Margaret wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "I have several of Margaret's books also both LI and LIS I am wondering Does Margaret have prefer one line?"

If I had to choose, it would be romantic suspense. There is something a..."

You have done excellent in all the multi-author series you wrote in Margaret. I have read all of those.

message 43: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Margaret wrote: "Hi, Jill. It's great seeing you here. Jillian, Brenda Minton and myself are working on an anthology together for the Heartwarming line for Harlequin. Our stories will take place in Snow Falls, Colo..."
Oh boy, three more must read books to add to my list ;-)

message 44: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Barbara wrote: "Margaret, I'm planning to read your Fostered By Love Series. I adopted my daughter out of the foster care system, so I know they would interest me!"

I hope you enjoy the stories. There are five in the Fostered by Love series.

message 45: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "I am so glad to hear that there will be another book in your female bodyguard series. I already have a copy of A Love Rekindled. It came in my reader service shipment this month. I forgot that it d..."

You should see my TBR pile. I don't have nearly the time to read as I wish.

message 46: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Judy wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Hi, Jill. It's great seeing you here. Jillian, Brenda Minton and myself are working on an anthology together for the Heartwarming line for Harlequin. Our stories will take place in..."

Judy, the three stories will be in one book.We don't have the title yet.

message 47: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments Margaret how do you come up with ideas for books? We heard Cheryl Wyatt came up with ideas from intersting encounters like watching a guy buying stuffed toys in the supermarket.

message 48: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Margaret wrote: "Judy wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Hi, Jill. It's great seeing you here. Jillian, Brenda Minton and myself are working on an anthology together for the Heartwarming line for Harlequin. Our stories will ..."

Oh good! Only 1 book and they are easy reads!

message 49: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 37 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Margaret how do you come up with ideas for books? We heard Cheryl Wyatt came up with ideas from intersting encounters like watching a guy buying stuffed toys in the supermarket."

I'm not sure where my ideas come from--sometimes they just appear in my mind and take root. It's fun seeing how the seed of an idea grows into a full blown book. I'm always reading, listening and observing life around me so most likely something is planted in my subconscious and surfaces when I need an idea. You can tell I'm wanting spring to come (my favorite season) with all the references to planting and growing. But really that is what happens in my creative process.

message 50: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments And thank God for that creative juices flowing too, love to read your books and glad to see you here...

« previous 1

Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margaret Daley (other topics)