Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives Retired Folder Threads > the THREE winning books! (March-April-May 2012 Old School, and Contemporary)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 495 comments We somehow managed to have a tie in both categories! Because of that, we now have titles for March, April AND May.
March:
The Maltese Falcon
The War of the Worlds
April:
Out of Africa
Anna Karenina
May:
A Clockwork Orange
North and South

Happy reading everyone!

Trisha

message 2: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9263 comments Mod
These all look fantastic!

message 3: by Cleo (last edited Feb 21, 2012 12:56PM) (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 125 comments I've only read Anna Karenina. I'm really looking forward to North and South North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell !!!

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 495 comments Lolo wrote: "To my eternal shame I can say that I've only read A Clockwork Orange from the list."

Haha! Have no shame, that is why we are reading them :-)
There are an awful lot of classics that most of us have not gotten to yet!

message 5: by Terri Lynn (new)

Terri Lynn (terrilynnmerritts) | 4 comments Oh this is great!!! I have read THE MALTESE FALCON, THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, ANNA KARENINA, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, and NORTH AND SOUTH and look forward to reading them all again!!! The March readings are especially good. I can hardly wait. My birthday is March 8 and rereading THE MALTESE FALCON and THE WAR OF THE WORLDS is a wonderful gift for the month!!!

message 6: by Cleo (new)

Cleo (cleopatra18) | 125 comments Happy early birthday, Terri Lynn! :-)

message 7: by Terri Lynn (new)

Terri Lynn (terrilynnmerritts) | 4 comments Thank you Cleo!!!

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) Happy Early Birthday Terri Lynn! I can't wait to read War of the Worlds or The Maltese Falcon either!

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 54 comments I just read North and South on the airplane last summer. You have to hand it to the author: she's not as luminous as Dickens, but she tries harder than he does to portray working class life.

Didn't she die without having time to really finish the book?

Shelley
Rain: A Dust Bowl Story
http://dustbowlpoetry.wordpress.com

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (willcaxton) Didn't she die without having time to really finish the book?

No - that was Wives and Daughters; someone else finished that for her

Barbara

message 11: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 495 comments Sorry! I will put up threads this afternoon!! :-)

message 12: by Lisa of Hopewell (new)

Lisa of Hopewell (hopewell) I've read Anna Karenina several times so choose Out of Africa. Guess this means I must finally finish Dracula! I'm so behind..............

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1 comments so excuse my ignorance but does this mean we have two books to read in marh april and may?

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 0 comments Have we started Anna Karenina? Will there be a discussion set up soon?

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth | 1 comments I am reading Anna Karenina. Very good book....looking forward to discussion on this....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.