Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) Last Breath discussion

Shane, Micheal or Myrinn???

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen Everyone seems to think Myrnin will reveal his true feeling for Claire in Black Dawn, but what about Micheal. We're told in Last Breath that Micheal has feelings for Claire, this has to lead somewhere. I think it would be interesting considering there best frieds. How would Shane react?

message 2: by Maria (last edited Feb 18, 2012 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria I think your right. Micheal having, or had, feelings for Claire isnt something that will be Ignored. Especially not by Shane he'll Flip out! But will she really bring it up with all the stuff going on? & with Myrnin, i thought that him telling Claire to become a Vampire when she was coming back from 'the Dead' was him admiting his feeling for Claire. I dont know what will happen but Black Dawn will definitely be an Amazing book.

Emma Myrinn but I don't think he and Clare will get together. Can't wait for Black Dawn though to see what happens.

Ticiana I love them all but I have to say Shane, he's so sweet and has been through so much :) but I also love Myrin, he's awesome!

Lilac Shane. Just because he is so awesome and Claire is all he has left now so she'd never be able to leave him. Plus, if she has feelings for anyone else, they definately wouldn't even be close to how she feels about Shane.

Edrillan (vampire junkie) Yup I totally agree with you guys I'm up for some MICHAEL and CLAIRE romance cause their so cute together but I wanted it to be just a little flirting here and there and nothing permanent cause I just wanted to see SHANE jealous and maybe a little fight between him and CLAIRE
I want to see CLAIRE get mad in SHANE for once cause I'm tired of her always forgiving SHANE (yeah I know it's love) but can't she stay mad in SHANE for even a day? I want to see SHANE woo CLAIRE and not always the other way around.......

message 7: by Angela (last edited Feb 23, 2012 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela I thought they only mentioned for a moment that it was obvious that Michael had feelings for Claire. And I think it was referring to something like 11 books ago. But who knows its been a while since I read Last Breath. I really do like her dynamic with Shane. As far as Mrynin is concerned, I guess he could have strong feelings for her, but romantically I don't know. Maybe all the current couples will actually make it until the end.

Black Queen Shane of course..:D

Katie I love Claire and Shane's relationship, I think they are such a lovely couple and there is no way Michael would cheat on Eve after everything they have been through to be together!! Shane is my favourite character as well, so maybe I am a little bit biased but I will very disappointed if they don't stay together.

Edrillan (vampire junkie) yup I know I love SHANE too and there is no doubt that I want him and CLAIRE to end up together....... but for me I just want some jealous scene
s between him and CLAIRE I just want to know what SHANE's. reaction will be (except for being angry)
if he finds out that MICHAEL has secret feelings for CLAIRE......and vice versa.... its just nice sometimes to know the guys reaction or POV....

Maria SHANE!!!! I want him and claire to end up together

Maria SHANE!!!!!!!!!! Shane and claire are such a good couple. Micheal should be with Eve and Myrning is still in love with Ada. there is no way Claire would fll in love with Micheal or Myrning. Micheal is just her friend and Myrning is crazy

Carmon I love Myrnin but I don't think him and Claire will end up together, not in the near future anyway. Her and shane are good together, though i don't ike him much as a character and after them being together pretty much since book one it would change the dynamics of everyone too much now if she was to randomly change partners.

I would like Clair and Mynin's friendship to develop a bit more now and I'd love it if Claire finally became a vampire.

message 14: by Kel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kel Pfeiffer Ellen wrote: "Everyone seems to think Myrnin will reveal his true feeling for Claire in Black Dawn, but what about Micheal. We're told in Last Breath that Micheal has feelings for Claire, this has to lead somewh..."

I'm pretty sure he did that in last breath - the disappointment that she didn't choose him & all but seriously - i'm Myrnin 100% :) He'd be my choice anyway!

Heather She's already chosen Shane. I don't think she'll change her mind. That's not to say if something insane happened and Claire was made into a vampire (come on...who hasn't considered? She knows too much and is always a liability to the vamps), that SHANE wouldn't change his mind. And then Claire and Michael would be a way better match, both being undead and all. And then there's the possibility of Eve and Shane.

Cindy I think if Claire became vampire Shane would say some pretty horrible things to her...things she could not forgive or forget. But Shane needs to grow up and think of others. He still is selfish. Time to become a man for Claire. I also think if Claire were vampire she would leave Shane and huddle with Myrnin...feeling lost and confused, but still brilliant!

Sheila Cottrill I am for shane!! I get the whole flirty things with michael.. and myrrin.. sure why not..although shane does need some therapy well, probably alot. i just don't see the love angle with michael. and well myrrin is like that friend that you love to hate.BUT why is it so difficult for boys and girls just to be friends... all these books and tv shows have to through love in there.. young (&i guess old too) people need to realize that males & females can just be friends. there just isn't enough emphasis on this !!

Cindy OH Sheila...I so agree! Guys and girls can be just friends...I had a guy friend that would have killed for me and buried the body. But kissing him would have been like kissing my brother...YUCK!

Jubjub90210 shane. As myrnin is great and all, but hes a VERY unstable vampire and shane is SOO FREAKING HOT, also he and claire are so good together, but we'll have to see whats in store!!! Can't waite for Black Dawn!!! And the hole clarie and michael...NO WAY! He said he liked her at first, but then shane and claire happend so that was fine. FINISHED... I hope, for Eves sake, as i LOVE Eve too bits!! ;)

Rita I don't see Michael trying to explore something with Claire. When Myrin asked her to become a Vamp and she chose not to, I think he got his answer then. I Love Myrnin.

=^☺^=mskitty I LOVE Myrnin, BUT.....he is so unstable, I really don't think he could have a true relationship....

message 22: by Raj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Raj Shane is best! Myrnin is crazy but it is so adorble!!!!! Michael needs to stay with Eve, they are perfect together!!!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Claire + Michael would mean catastrophe: Shane and Eve will flip out, the group would break apart and Morganville would be lost!
Claire + Myrnin would result in death, I think... Shane will kill him before there can be anything. And Myrnin, as weirdly gentleman as he is, will let him.

Conclusion: Claire better stay with Shane or she will whack the whole world out of its orbit.

Grace C. Shane for the win!!!

Becca I know this is random but I think Myrnin reminds of
Dr. Who just a little bit.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i dont think Michle is going to birng up anything about him liking Carile. the only way i see that happing is if Hank says somthing when he's being an ass to Shane. or somthing like that; bc i just cant see Michle doing that to Shane, especially after all him and Eve went though to be together. plus at the end of Last Breath Shane kinda hinted at him wanting Carile to marry him in the futer or whatever. OH!!! what if Eve and Carile end up having a shared wedding? at the end or somthing like that??!! that would be sooo awsome!

message 27: by Shawn (new) - added it

Shawn I think it would bring some drama to the series if Claire and Michael were to get together maybe just once. I love Claire and Shane, but just a little more excitment is in order.

Heather-Lea I think the drama will be between Shane and Myrnin. I'm convinced that the Michael-Claire relationship will keep strictly friend-zone.
As to Shane or Myrnin, there are pros and cons to each. With Shane she can have a future, but with Myrnin she definitely has someone who can keep up with and challenge her intelligence which is a large part of who Claire is. Safety would be a concern there. It will be interesting to see what Rachel has in store.

Tracy Meyer Shane all the way! Though I have a secret crush on Michael and would like to see a love triangle play out. Oh, to be Claire!

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Heather-Lea wrote: "I think the drama will be between Shane and Myrnin. I'm convinced that the Michael-Claire relationship will keep strictly friend-zone.
As to Shane or Myrnin, there are pros and cons to each. With ..."

yeah, i can deftally see somthing happening between Clarie, Myirn and Shane..........scary!

message 31: by Kez (last edited Sep 11, 2012 09:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kez I want Claire to stay with Shane, but Last Breath I was not impressed with suicidal thing he tried, not at all. I think Shanes losing that strong, funny, sexy streak. His independence is disappearing and I don't want Claire and Shanes relationship to be the annoying clingy relationships that I witness at college. Shane be the man i loved! Myrnin, i am in love with him but i don't want him and claire together, it doesn't appeal to me. myrnin should get a girlfriend or something really cute... Michael sees her as a sister, if Eve loses her boyf to claire, well thats harsh! We don't want Claire to pull a House of night zoey thing. although, maybe she and Shane can break up and she dates someone else for a bit and Shane tries not to be jealous and its all funny but when they get back together its heart wrenching and stuff...
I just finished Black dawn and Shane is redeeming himself a bit...

Little Miss Crazy(LinkinPark4Ever) SHANE!!!!!!!!!
He's just too amazing and, yeah, he might have his flaws but who doesn't???

Shweta I think that shane and clair are going to stay together.
Michael sees claire as a sister and I think that he might've liked her before.
Myrnin will probably confess his love for claire.

Cameryn Shweta wrote: "I think that shane and clair are going to stay together.
Michael sees claire as a sister and I think that he might've liked her before.
Myrnin will probably confess his love for claire."

I think exactly thats gonna happen!!!

message 36: by Huda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Huda Micheal loves EVE! NOT CLAIRE! EVE!