Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

Multi-Ethnic American Literature - list

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elatsoe Stan (new)

Elatsoe Stan | 58 comments Hi all - I would really appreciate your votes, comments, feedback, and also your votes(!) on the following list:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/17...

Thanks in advance!!! :)

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I am off to look. :)

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Great list. I added 25 books. :)

message 4: by Elatsoe Stan (new)

Elatsoe Stan | 58 comments Thanks all! More stuff for my To-Read list! :))))

message 5: by Jean (last edited Feb 19, 2012 07:23AM) (new)

Jean | 140 comments I will cast my votes.

message 6: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Very nice list, Leah! I'll be surprised if we don't see some of these books in our upcoming polls!

message 7: by jo (new)

jo | 1031 comments great idea, leah, but are you sure you want to keep the list so vast? it basically encompasses ALL literature not written by white folks and also a substantial amount of literature that is written by white people.

you could narrow it down by time (say, 21st century), author (say, by women), impact (say, key works) etc.

my two cents!

message 8: by Elatsoe Stan (new)

Elatsoe Stan | 58 comments Jo I am so glad you mention that - you know I actually had it limited to representative works of late 20th & 21st century at first but then that made the title too long! (Silly practical concern). Shall I put that back in? Or maybe add that to the description? For the most part, people are sticking to that anyway...

message 9: by jo (new)

jo | 1031 comments i would put it in the description, with specific decades mentioned. i think GR automatically disqualifies entries that don't match that (or you have to enter that elsewhere; i don't remember). it will still be pretty broad, though... :) how about *best* multi-ethnic am. lit.? that would allow people to vote according to what they like best.

message 10: by Elatsoe Stan (new)

Elatsoe Stan | 58 comments Thanks! I've added in a request to the description that you focus on your favorite works from the 1960s onward. I realize that still casts a very wide net, but I don't want to exclude any important works that came on the heels of the Civil Rights movement, and I certainly want to hear about the new things that are coming out now! Thanks again, everyone.

message 11: by jo (new)

jo | 1031 comments thank YOU!