Indie Book Club discussion

Ashar'an Rising (Nexus Wars Saga, #2)
This topic is about Ashar'an Rising
Self Promotion > Ashar'an Rising: Book 2 of the Nexus Wars Saga

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robert (valdieron) | 108 comments Hi All,

Just letting you know that Ashar'an Rising, which is Book 2 of the Nexus Wars Saga, will be FREE for 1 day on the 24th Feb!

Ashar'an Rising follows Valdieron, the last descendant of the once-mighty Kay'taari. With the hordes of Demonkind seeking entry to the land of Kil'Tar via the Nexus Gates, Valdieron must battle Kiroba Assassins, racial prejudices and his own self-doubts to recover the missing pieces of the Disk of Akashel. As his travels take him south to the lands of Dak'Mar, he must face a Sorcerer whose descendants, the Ashar'an, broke away from the Kay'taari and were responsible for the War of Storms which ravaged Kil'Tar in the first Era of the land.

Can Valdieron rise to the challenge of the mighty Sorcerer and rescue Princess Kitara, or will the power of the Ashar'an and the might of Demonkind overwhelm him?

Ashar'an Rising (Nexus Wars Saga, #2) by Robert Day

Robert (valdieron) | 108 comments Hi All,

Just letting you know that Ashar'an Rising will also be free on Sunday 6th May.

Happy reading!

~Rob

message 3: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
I can vouch for this one! Great sequel to Demon Gates,

How's the third book going, Rob?

Robert (valdieron) | 108 comments Thanks Jeff.

I am currently about 90,000 words into Book 3. Going slowly, but I am hoping to ramp up the output. I am finding that keeping track of all of my paths is a bit of a hindrance, forcing me to go back over what I have already written weeks and months ago, as I have forgotten some of the details!

More dragons. Less action. More characters. Possibly a siege or two! Stay tuned :)

message 5: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
I'm totally looking forward to this one too Robert. I once asked an author how they kept track of all the storylines/characters in their books and they said they used color coded note cards to keep reference notes on. Don't know if that would help.

message 6: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
I'm looking forward to this one, too. Color coded note cards. Not a bad idea. As for me, I carry around a notebook that my wife bought me. If I come up with an idea, or correction, or anything, I put it in there. Chapter outlines, character names/jhoruns, sketches, etc., are all in there. It's the only way I keep everything organized.