!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Series > The Immortals

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) by Alyson Noel Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) by Alyson Noel Night Star (The Immortals, #5) by Alyson Noel Everlasting (The Immortals, #6) by Alyson Noel By:Alyson Noel

What did you think of The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel? Did Ever seem a tough hereoine to you? Is this a must read series? Would you re-read them again?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Loved the first one, second one was so so. I just finished the third one a bit ago and definitely not happy with the way the series is going. Trying to decide if I really want to read the rest (so if someone has some insight as to the series improving, I'd love to hear it).

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I actually could not get into the first book at all. The second and fourth books were the best in the series. What kept me reading was Ever. I LOVED her character! She was so interesting! I really like Riley too. The ending was all right on the series. I just don't think these were particularly well written. And I just didn't get Damen that much. The love story part of the books could have been better.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy I really enjoyed the First but not the second too. I liked how they really got into her whole personality and the aura thing in book one.

Have you read Riley's series of books?

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) Yes I've read the Riley books, they are pretty good. The latest one, Dreamland, was the best so far

message 6: by Margot (new)

Margot Amy wrote: "I really enjoyed the First but not the second too. I liked how they really got into her whole personality and the aura thing in book one.

Have you read Riley's series of books?"

Riley Series isn't a trilogy, then?

message 7: by Margot (last edited Feb 21, 2012 07:26AM) (new)

Margot The Immortals series is definitely not one of my fav books.

What annoyed me was that Ever could be really stupid sometimes, and her thoughts were mostly a depressing loop.

That being said, I believe 6 books were not necessary at all -- a trilogy could have sumarized the story better.

I do love the general idea of the plot, though.

message 8: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Margot wrote: "The Immortals series is definitely not one of my fav books.

What annoyed me was that Ever could be really stupid sometimes, and her thoughts were mostly a depressing loop.

That being said, I be..."

Let's hope her next series is not another Ever! XD

message 9: by Margot (new)

Margot Patrick wrote: "Let's hope her next series is not another Ever! XD "

Yep. The summary of Fated reminds me a bit of The Mediator by Meg Cabot. Seems pretty cool. :)

message 10: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I would still actually read it too! :)

message 11: by Margot (new)

Margot The description reminds me of other characters, of course... but what stands out most is the "about a girl who can navigate between the worlds of the living and the dead" and the "glowing people" parts... :) Ever could do that too, kind of.

But I liked The Mediator so much, I'm hoping it will be something along these lines. :)

message 12: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean I've only read the first one so far but I don't think Ever is a strong heroine, at least not in the first book. I know she hears voices and everything but I think its kinda dumb how she falls for a guy that makes the noise in her head stop. How convinent. I still gotta read the others so I'll update this post when I'm done with the series lol

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina I only read the first two and not sure if I should continue with the rest or not.