!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Series > The House of Night

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast Chosen (House of Night, #3) by P.C. Cast Untamed (House of Night, #4) by P.C. Cast Hunted (House of Night, #5) by P.C. Cast Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. Cast Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast Destined (House of Night, #9) by P.C. Cast By:P.C. Cast

The House of Night was one series I could not get into! I really wanted to love it but it was really graphic in the first 50 pages! Right off the bat, it was a total turn-off. But what did you think? Is it better/worse/equal to VA?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy I love it!!! I haven't read Awakened yet because I"m hoping to get it through paperback swap. Love Zoey and her friends. But then again, a lot of people loved the Vampire Academy series and I couldn't get past chapter two of the first book.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I haven't read Vampire Academy yet. Its on my list for this year! Loved House of Night! The first 4 books are really good. Then it gets kind of weird..but I loved Tempted and Burned! I do love all the mythology the authors tie into the series, and I love the characters! Especially Damien, Aphrodite, and Heath.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I only read the first Vampire Academy book and decided they weren't really my thing. They weren't bad, actually pretty well writen and I would probably read other things by her. As for this series I wasn't taken with them. Yes, they have a pretty good story line but I don't really like graphic/erotic romance novels. I read the first one and skimmed the second hoping they are not all as graphic but that's how they are so I checked them off my to-read list ( a friend had suggested them to me but she likes that sort of stuff on occasion so it didn't surprise me).

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Irene wrote: "I only read the first Vampire Academy book and decided they weren't really my thing. They weren't bad, actually pretty well writen and I would probably read other things by her. As for this series ..."

I have to agree with you Irene! :) x)

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena | 27 comments i read this series and i think its one of the best i have read. Its is a bit graphic but if you put that aside i have to say it was really good!!

but i hate that fact that in less than 3 months or so, Zoey has had like 6 boyfriends.

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Athena (The-Girl-Who-Was-A-Vampire) wrote: "i read this series and i think its one of the best i have read. Its is a bit graphic but if you put that aside i have to say it was really good!!

but i hate that fact that in less than 3 months ..."

Oh, yeah I heard! How many guys like seriously? :P

message 8: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 2 comments Well she was dating Heath when she was human, and then she started dating Eric he went through the change and she thought he was dying, Then there was the professor guy and he suduced her, and then there was Stark who died on like the first day they new each other and then came back as this weird new type of Vamp, and then Kalona wants her for himself but she doesn't like him and thinks he's evil so he doens't count. So like 3

message 9: by Athena (last edited Mar 21, 2012 06:08PM) (new)

Athena | 27 comments oh and she kinda has something with aurox cause he is heath anyway.

message 10: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 2 comments yeah I haven't gotten that one yet. I wish I could get it now, but like half the books I own I haven't read yet

message 11: by Karina (new)

Karina VA is definitely better but even if this series is getting a little dragged out I still like HoN. I only wish Zoey wasnt such a wh...Not sure if im allowed to say the word here haha
I didnt think it was graphic.
I am worried about how it will end..I mean there is only 3 more books left in the series and so much that needs to get resolved, so I am afraid that the ending will be rushed.

message 12: by Athena (last edited Apr 07, 2012 11:08AM) (new)

Athena | 27 comments Karina wrote: "VA is definitely better but even if this series is getting a little dragged out I still like HoN. I only wish Zoey wasnt such a wh...Not sure if im allowed to say the word here haha
I didnt think ..."

Three more??? that's a lot. i mean its getting too long. its going to take 3 more books to solve their problems? oh no. And your right. VA is better. Team adrian <3

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina Some books in the series I felt like they were unnecessary..but yes last i heard it was 3 more

LOVE ADRIAN!!