The Teen Debaters discussion

Other > Football-too violent?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you think football is too violent? should it be played?

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Yes, it should be played. But they need to have the right helmets and armor.

message 3: by Yuman (last edited Feb 18, 2012 07:12PM) (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments way too much tackling if you ask me. no point.
my dad+brother and I have had this argument all the time. I'm like, "You're missing an awesome Agatha Christie mystery movie for this??" And they're like *switch channel* "Yes.
It's important to us."
I like watching football, but I don't like the game itself. Football's quite entertaining as a game.

message 4: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon (PrincessAnnaLee) | 91 comments well, I love sports but I think football's- kinda too violent.

message 5: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Yeah, def. As long as we make sure they have good helmets, its fine.

My dad was REALLY big into football. He was THE quarterback. He got to try out for the NFL, etc.

message 6: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments i dont like the concept of football and how it influences people all over America.

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) why?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kira Criss wrote: "But it's such a fun gameeeeeee. :P And people who play football know what they're getting into. So it's not like they're oblivious to the fact that they're going to get tackled."

Exactly. I think football's fine.

message 9: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments although I do like to watch it, I sometimes feel that it's not a very good sport.

if you guys don't get what I mean, I don't know how to explain it... I'm sorry about that.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Football is fine

message 11: by An (last edited Apr 26, 2012 04:58PM) (new)

An I think it's ok, and I think it's very fun. But I think players should only play after they have been informed of all the health risks, because it's a proven fact, there are many, and most risks are rather serious.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/475...

message 12: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) Fotball is one of the best sports ever! i dont think its violent, whats violent is Rugby lol

message 13: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS I find football a dumb game, "dumb" having two meanings there...

message 14: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) I find it the BEST game! care to explain the 'dumb' meanings?

message 15: by Karla (new)

Karla What meanings does dumb have ?

message 16: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) Hailey wrote: "What meanings does dumb have ?"

lol u said there were two?

message 17: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) ooh i get it u meant the other dumb, where u cant speak?

message 18: by Karla (new)

Karla What ? I'm asking luhvBOOKS what she was talking about.

message 19: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) LOL i got confused between u and her, sorry that question was meant for luhvBOOKS! :P

message 20: by Karla (new)

Karla LOL. i see..

message 21: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) haha its kool :)

message 22: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments The concept of football is dumb, and it's unnecessarily aggressive. Mostly of the obstacles you come across is tackles and trying to not fall down.

Yes, it's harsh, but Football does not have feelings.

message 23: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) I think Footy is the best sport, and nothing can beat it!

message 24: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments nah, soccer's cool, and it's better

message 25: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) No way, Fottball came first, so its much better and fun!

message 26: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments whichever came first, at least you don't run around tackling others to win games, in soccer! :)

message 27: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) Thats the fun of it ennit, the thrill and the excitment! AND thats the whole point of Football!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never been a fan of football. It's just a bunch of sweaty fat guys ramming into each other. That's why I prefer more tactical sports with actual intellect involved, and with less "GO KILL HIM" type things.

message 29: by K Roma (last edited May 19, 2012 02:20PM) (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) I dont see any fat players in England (and ofcourse ur gonna sweat if ur gonna run around for 90 mins) and no ones killing each other unlike Hockey lol! its a very active and entertaining sport, well for me anyways!

message 30: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments Rainbow Dash/TeaDrinkingCat wrote: "I've never been a fan of football. It's just a bunch of sweaty fat guys ramming into each other. That's why I prefer more tactical sports with actual intellect involved, and with less "GO KILL HIM"..."

She's ABSOLUTEMENTE right!

Oh, Kristina, give up!

message 31: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) Yumna wrote: "Rainbow Dash/TeaDrinkingCat wrote: "I've never been a fan of football. It's just a bunch of sweaty fat guys ramming into each other. That's why I prefer more tactical sports with actual intellect i..."

Ahhh u wish! :P

Footy Rulz!

message 32: by Julia (new)

Julia  (juliavdc) | 54 comments I personally hate football. (I do like the Packers though, but only because I have a cheese hat.)

I don't think it's too violent.

message 33: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I don't like American football and I think it's pretty violent (one of my family members has gotten multiple concussions and dislocated bones before from it) but that doesn't been people shouldn't play. I just personally don't like it.