Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

The Crippled God (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #10)
This topic is about The Crippled God
Malazan Book of the Fallen > The Crippled God Book II-All the Takers of my Days

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
We start out Book II with Sandalath and Withal trying to figure out what excatly she is the Queen of.... I dont think things are as particularly dire as Sand seems to think, but we will see!!!!

MEanwhile, Omtose Phellack seems to be the warren of the day, and the Bonehunters seemed to have reformed into a tighter group...Hellians squad of course, is all business as usual!

message 2: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

We keep getting so much info here---The healing of Tavore really explains a few things....

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Maggie wrote: "We keep getting so much info here---The healing of Tavore really explains a few things...."

That was a moving scene after they had healed Tavore, Deadsmell could stop crying!

Also the meeting of all the heads of each ally force was tramatic for the Grey Helms Mortal Sword, she took it way to personally!

message 4: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

I feel like there is so much info coming out here, that its hard to quit reading!

message 5: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) I should stop till we are all at the same book. ( I am on book 5) it is hard to discuss when you are a few books ahead as you can't remember what parts happened where.

I will say this, Sinn is starting to worry me. She is going to be a major player at the end I think, her actions I can image could change everything, problem is, I dont know if the change will be for good or bad.

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments I'm like you Lee and am in book 6! I think this time the books are only 100 pages (or there abouts) so it's easy to blow thru them quickly!

Sinn is on my list of characters I dislike, so yeah that girl is scary!!

Maggie, maybe you could post all the books, since they are so short. Or we could maybe post two books a week, just a thought! :)

message 7: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thats what I was thinking-that I would do two together...

I think what's going with the Watch and the Shake and their looming battle with the Tiste Liosan is interesting too. Seeing the people take up the cause, because they know it's right!

and the Forkrul meeting of the Pure on the Spire was also very informative...I do not like Reverence at all!

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) ......i just can't seem to stop reading..........

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Lee I read TCG in about four days, so I feel ya!! :)

I agree, that Reverence is crazzzzzzzy!

Sharq and the princess are on a periless journey themselves! Wonder what they are going to be coming up against!

message 10: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

Also, the reaction of some of the T'lan Imass to killing off those Barghast. Tool is actually losing some followers!

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments I was so surprised by Tool here. I never would have thought he'd go on a rampage against the Barghast. I guess he was full of emotions again - this time hate and vengeance and anguish - that he just wasn't the same as before. Such a sad story for the Barghast. I thought they'd actually do something to help in the end.

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Amelia wrote: "I was so surprised by Tool here. I never would have thought he'd go on a rampage against the Barghast. I guess he was full of emotions again - this time hate and vengeance and anguish - that he j..."

I was as well, but it's Olar Ethil's fault that he went on that rampage in the first place, plus using Toc to turn him away was just cruel!

message 13: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olar Ethil seems to be playing a VERY dangerous game...

she comes off to me as insane

Shelley (shelley69) | 597 comments Yeah she does!!! I can't figure out what her motivations are except to torture others! :(

message 15: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) I certainly cant see her walking up to Onos and saying "here's your kids, they need a father figure".

What ever she has planned with the boy can be for no good, but I get the feeling that Tool will have the last laugh with her.

message 16: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 5 stars

Then there is everything that is going on with the various gods...
We see how Oponn are the children of Sechul Lath

The the Errant and Co are worried about Icarium

Setoc shows us that the wolves have a very different goal in mind than the Perish think

Ruthan Gud is greeted as 'Elder' by the Imass???

and Cotillion is scarred by the love he felt when he possessed Lostara

Draconus is keeping things level apparently, but his motivations still arent clear...