The Teen Debaters discussion

School and Kids > Toddlers and Tiaras

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments What do you think about the television show, Toddlers and Tiaras?

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Ridiculousness.

But strangely entertaining...

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) But they're kind of exploiting their little girls...

message 4: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments i don't agree with the idea of beauty pageants. it's so sexist!

message 5: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments I don't get how it's sexist...?

message 6: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments In your opinion.

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Mine too

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ugh i think its terrible

message 9: by Anika (new)

Anika Okay I like watching it, but the moms are spoiling there kids! They are gonna grow up always expecting to be the best and they aren't!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, I love watching that show. But then I hate the idea of it, and I hate the fact that I see these girls who are in tears about having to compete, yet their moms don't let them back off the stage or stop competing.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom almost made me do it, until I got sick and couldn't do it. I later found out I was allergic to some of the make-up there was in the place, not to mention hairspray.

message 12: by Liv (last edited Feb 25, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

Liv (osf1998) Kira Criss wrote: "It's not sexist, but it's a bad show."

actually it kind of is. do you see beauty pageants for guys?

message 13: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Actually, guys can compete in some beauty pageants. XD

There was a boy featured on Toddlers and Tiaras.

message 14: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marianna wrote: "Actually, guys can compete in some beauty pageants. XD

There was a boy featured on Toddlers and Tiaras."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Really? That's, um, interesting...xD

message 15: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Yeah...I had a feeling he was gay...he loved sparkly tiaras and stuff...XD

message 16: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marianna wrote: "Yeah...I had a feeling he was gay...he loved sparkly tiaras and stuff...XD"

Hahahha wellll then. xD

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

If I wasn't allergic to the make up, I'd till be in that chaotic.......................................in nicer terms, place.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Never hear of a TV show like that

message 19: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments Pink is just a curriptive color in genral, and that show.... I just feel bad for the poor girl's future children.....

message 20: by Johnathan (new)

Johnathan I've never heard of this. However, my four-year old owns a little ten dollar tiara, it's sort of cute... Then she says something sassy..... grrrrr

message 21: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments It's like a pagent for toddlers lol

message 22: by Johnathan (new)

Johnathan ahhhhhh, ic

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that it's exploiting and wrong, but what if wanted to be on it?

message 24: by Karla (new)

Karla Marianna wrote: "What do you think about the television show, Toddlers and Tiaras?"

I'm okay with it, as long as that's what the child wants to do. Whenever the kid doesn't wanna do pageants anymore he/she should be able to stop. If whenever they lose they get all upset, the shouldn't be able to do it.

Melissa Corn ~bubbles bubbles bubbles~ | 394 comments I honestly don't like this show. It's just so wrong.

message 26: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments Sick.

Melissa Corn ~bubbles bubbles bubbles~ | 394 comments Yes just so sick

message 28: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments I was joking, I just really dint like pink lol.

message 29: by cy (new)

cy I haven't seen it but making your kid believe in beauty and not on the inside??? not to mention raising their egos, what will all the non winners think? that they're the biggest dissapoitments?? what about the kids who never win??

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Cy wrote: "I haven't seen it but making your kid believe in beauty and not on the inside??? not to mention raising their egos, what will all the non winners think? that they're the biggest dissapoitments?? wh..."
exactly. its just wrong to judge on looks instead on talent, skill, or just somebody's personality, who they really are.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate them. I was in one when I was five, and came in third place. I felt terrible, and even when you are just a toddler, you know what losing is. And losing a pageant makes you feel ugly.

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 417 comments I've never seen Toddlers and Tiaras, and have barely heard about it but this sideshow we watched in Computer Class had a picture on one of the slides and my teacher said 'is that an American Girl doll or a contestant on Toddlers and Tiaras?' it was a contestant because it had more than two teeth. I was disgusted by how much the doll and the human looked alike.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Rainbow Dash/TeaDrinkingCat wrote: "I hate them. I was in one when I was five, and came in third place. I felt terrible, and even when you are just a toddler, you know what losing is. And losing a pageant makes you feel ugly."

yeah...it makes them feel like they're not good enough.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Every child should grow up knowing that they are beautiful, not the stuff they put on. I don't think pageants have to be such a bad thing, I just can't stand that they put all that fake stuff on little girls that could be dangerous to them and is definitely not good for their health. It's not so bad if the child wants to be a pageant, but it's terrible when a child doesn't want to and is forced into it. I think Toddlers and Tiaras is terrible.

message 35: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS I actually think the show shows people how bad pageants are. Plus, it's entertaining.

I think it's fine. I just don't think pageants are good.

message 36: by An (new)

An Never seen it, but the previews look hilarious.
We don't have cable, so....
*sighs*

message 37: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Aww. Well, I guess it's better for you in the long run.

message 38: by An (new)

An luhvBOOKS *~Forever a Directioner~* wrote: "Aww. Well, I guess it's better for you in the long run."

(laughs)
Please don't quote my mom.

message 39: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Lol I'm Sowwie.

Just trying to be helpful. I know, I feel bad for you.

message 40: by An (new)

An luhvBOOKS *~Forever a Directioner~* wrote: "Lol I'm Sowwie.

Just trying to be helpful. I know, I feel bad for you."

Don't be, lol. I'm just joking around.

message 41: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Lol :D

message 42: by Alexia (new)

Alexia Definately should be limits put in place in terms of costumes and what is inappropriate I.e a toddler in a cowgirl hat, plaid belly top, hot pants and boots- just no!

In regards to positives, I can see it may raise the confidence of the contestants, get them used to having to perform or present to crowds and not be daunted by it, but the negatives outweighs the positives. The girls come across as very bratty, mums as very pushy and a generally unhealthily competitive environment. But then it's a TV show after all, so I'm sure it's edited to portray the girls (and boys?) as such.

message 43: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments Honestly, it's shows and many other advertisements that KILL the word beauty. I hate it now, it has so many definitions that now everyone thinks it means "skinny, pretty, tall, blond" or something like that, and it changed every day. What happened to people's stunning personality? I can't even stand it when people call me beautiful, because I don't see myself looking like the girls on tv, and I'm not the only one. I'm sorry but the word "beautiful" is no longer unique, it's so played out that I personaly would never wanna be called that -.-

message 44: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments Lol sorry for sounding like such a hipster xD I'm not I swear I like bands and stores that are famous xD some

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, it's okay, I think most people on the Internet are at least part hipster.

message 46: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments That's true, I think everyone has their hipster moments. We all have our inner hipster lol.

message 47: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS I think it's a great show. I don't watch it, but I want to!

Im not totally for beauty pageants, but this show is so good! Not only is it hilarious, it pretty much tells parents NOT to out their kids in pageants because of how bratty they an become.

message 48: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments I don't, your putting YOUR money in THEIR pockets when they don't even deserve it -.-

message 49: by Karla (new)

Karla And Then They Buried Me*Mummble/Hana* wrote: "I don't, your putting YOUR money in THEIR pockets when they don't even deserve it -.-"

Huh?

message 50: by Hanna[h] (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (andthetheyburiedmemummble) | 299 comments If they're on the show, and you watch them, then technically your paying them, because of they werent as famous, the show would go canceled by the company that YOU pay for for your tv. Make sense now?

« previous 1