The Sword and Laser discussion

Where do you listen to S&L podcast?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kvon (new)

kvon | 562 comments In the last podcast where T&V invited us to partake wine with them I realized that would be never, since I listen exclusively while driving my car. But are other listeners sitting at home with their favorite beverage, the podcast coming out of the computer? Or people at the gym working off their wine? At work, hiding ipod and wine from the boss? Please share.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate O'Hanlon (kateohanlon) | 778 comments First thing on Tuesday morning, getting ready for work and on the bus in. Depending on timing I sometimes need part of my lunch break to finish off.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 834 comments Same as Kate, I usually listen to it on Tuesday morning. Very nice way to start the day. I used to download it from iTunes but now I mostly go directly to the site when I see the "New Podcast" tweet in my timeline and listen to it via the episode's blog post.

message 4: by Elianara (new)

Elianara | 21 comments I'm usually at work when I listen to the podcast. Download it on Tuesday, with some other podcasts, and add it to my phone. If I haven't fallen behind on my podcasts, I usually listen to it on the night between Tuesday and Wednesday. So no, I would not have the opportunity to partake some wine while listening.

message 5: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 178 comments I listen to the podcast at work so no wine for me.

message 6: by Procrastinador (new)

Procrastinador Diletante | 104 comments I listen to it while going for a run or a walk, so no drinking wine for me, unless I want to train for drunken style kung fu master.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Usually at home while gaming. No wine for me, though.

message 8: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments Procrastinador wrote: "I listen to it while going for a run or a walk, so no drinking wine for me, unless I want to train for drunken style kung fu master."

When I could run (I've since injured myself beyond repair), I would go hashing. Hashers consider themselves drunks with running problem....

I usually listen at work. Wine would definitely make the work go better. But the podcast is a nice substitute. :)

message 9: by Alterjess (new)

Alterjess | 319 comments I listen on the subway on my way home from work. So no risk of drunk driving, but the logistics of opening a bottle on the subway would probably limit me to those juice-box-for-grownups type individual box wines.

message 10: by Leighann (new)

Leighann (zhelenstilo) I almost always listen from my comfy chair in the living room, usually while either knitting/crocheting or playing a game of some sort. Technically I could partake of wine while doing so... except that I generally don't care for wine.

message 11: by Aethelberga (new)

Aethelberga | 35 comments On my commute to and from work.

message 12: by Jeane (new)

Jeane (pinkbookdragon) | 53 comments While I'm cooking and cleaning because that seems like all I really do now-a-days. I'm pregnant so I am forgoing the wine for now, but trust me I really need it some days! But what I really want is some good beer!

message 13: by Mason (new)

Mason Wheatley (mweeto) | 2 comments While I'm at work. Luckily my boss doesn't mind me listening to my iPod. She'd probably mind if I brought a bottle of wine in with me though

message 14: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2267 comments Most of my podcasts I listen to while I'm out walking to & from various destinations.

message 15: by Isaiah (new)

Isaiah | 74 comments I listen at work, since iPods are allowed. I suppose if I put wine in my thermos instead of coffee I could indulge clandestinely.

message 16: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (sweeneyowns) | 43 comments usually in the car. then have to finish it at work, which is pretty easy for me, as i have an office and can work while listening to it. its a good way to break up listening to audiobooks at lunch everyday

message 17: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments terpkristin wrote: "I usually listen at work. Wine would definitely make the work go better. But the podcast is a nice substitute."

One thing I wanted to add, based on some of the stuff I see here, is that I'm more likely to listen to podcasts in settings where I can't listen to audiobooks, places/settings where it's more noisy, where I might be able to miss something...

So I'll listen while on the Metro or while at work or while in the grocery store. Also, I listen to podcasts in the shower/while getting ready. Books are devoted to car/travel time, or if I can find time at home to sit down and listen without getting distracted...

message 18: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2481 comments At work, I download it to my phone on Tuesday and then listen to it on the way home. So far the podcasts have been shorter than my commute so I always finish it before I get home.

message 19: by roosterSause (new)

roosterSause | 15 comments At work so no wine me myself either. I consume all my podcasts and audiobooks this way, it makes the day go by much faster. It never occurred to me to listen to audiobooks at work before I found S&L. So THANK YOU!!!! My monotonous days go by much easier now!

message 20: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Oh you know. Usually at the cape while mission control tried to make the go-no decision.What else is there to do except to listen to T&V podcasts?

message 21: by A.J. (new)

A.J. (ajbobo) | 72 comments I usually download it sometime on Tuesday and then listen to it on Wednesday while driving to/from work or any other time I'm in the car. I also listen while I'm doing dishes or cleaning the house.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim (kskryptonian) | 202 comments I listen to S&L in bed, with my wife.

message 23: by Natalia's Daddy (new)

Natalia's Daddy (nataliasdaddy) | 8 comments In my car on way to work. It relaxes me to hear about books and such before starting my "sucky" job.

P.S. Tom and Veronica. Feel free to extend your podcast. Maybe more discussion on the book being read.

message 24: by Tom (new)

Tom Cameron | 25 comments I typically start listening while walking into work and then finish throughout the day.

message 25: by Teody (new)

Teody | 5 comments I always have a 1 hour commute from house to work. Listening to the podcast during travel has been my habit

message 26: by Richard (new)

Richard Machida (rmachida) | 17 comments I am in the "while walking" group. I usually take a couple of hours off in the middle of the workday to either go to the gym or walk (or ski). It really helps to break up the day though it does make the workday longer.