<3 God discussion

Religions > Lutheran

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments This page is for all you AMAZING Lutherans!
Here is a Lutheran group I'm in: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ i am not lutheren.

message 3: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Can you tell us more about your religion?

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Like any Christian, we believe that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and save us from our sin. There are a few minor differences when you compare us with Catholics and other sects of Christians.

message 5: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Oh ok then. What differences are there?

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Well, sadly I don't know enough yet about the other religions compared to mine to be able to tell you. I know it probably sounds really pathetic to say that, but I haven't really learned yet.

message 7: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Well most differences happen in these areas: baptism, Jesus being the Son of God, salvations, entrance into heaven, life after death, the Trinity, and faith practices.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

In school, we learned it was basically the same as Catholic with a few differences.

message 9: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) So do Lutherans pray to saints and go through the same faith practices as the Catholic?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend is Lutheran, but I'm not exactly sure. I'm pretty sure the main difference is they only practice 2 sacraments instead of the 7 the Catholics believe...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

But I'm not Lutheran, and I am not 100% sure and don't want to offend anybody, so don't get offended ;)

message 12: by (Aero)driguez (new)

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) Valencia wrote: "So do Lutherans pray to saints and go through the same faith practices as the Catholic?"

I do not believe Lutherans pray to saints. I'm not sure but, based off past discussion i dont think they do (my best friend is lutheran)

message 13: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Valencia wrote: "So do Lutherans pray to saints and go through the same faith practices as the Catholic?"

No we don't.
Yes we do only have to sacraments: Baptism and Communion

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Yes

message 15: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Cool, like I said I don't know much yet about other religions.

message 16: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments A few weeks after we are born normally. But anytime really.

message 17: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Yeah, but most Christians are.

message 18: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Really? I didn't know that!

message 19: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) I've never heard of a Christian religion that doesn't do Communion. We might not think of it in the same way that you do but we do honor God in that fashion.

message 20: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments That's what I thought! I had never heard of one without communion. I thought all Christians had communion and baptism, some just had more sacraments.

message 21: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Yes we all do we just have different thought patterns concerning them that's all. The challenge is to find the right thought pattern according to the bible.

message 22: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 26 comments Yeah. it's hard when every demnomintaion thinks they are right and that the others aren't.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I like every religion. yay!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

totally! I like seeing everyone's point of view, even if I don't exactly agree with all of it. :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY! I have a friend at my school who is totally conservative in her point of view, and she won't even think about saying another religion besides Roman catholic is okay. She scares me a little when we get on the subject of religion!

message 26: by Claire (new)

Claire I don't think its right to believe your religion is the one and only true path. I mean how many converts are there going to be if the entire religion is turning their noses up saying 'your wrong, join us or go to hell'. Doesn't sound welcoming, does it?

message 27: by Claire (new)

Claire Ikr! That's borderline cult

message 28: by Claire (new)

Claire I don't think you have to neccessarily follow the commandments to go to heaven, because i mean who hasn't disrepected their parents or be jealous of someone?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe that we have to try to follow the commandments, try as hard as we can.

message 30: by Claire (new)

Claire no totally but its not like if you screw up once ur done type thing.

message 31: by Claire (new)

Claire ya i agree. Because jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. So we definitly shouldn't take that for granted, and we should try our best NOT to sin, but when we do-cuz we will- He will forgive us.

message 32: by Claire (new)

Claire i go to a lutheran church but i go to youth group at a nondenominational church.