Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Judi McCoy
This topic is about Judi McCoy
This & That > Author Judi McCoy dies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) It is with profound sadness that I pass on the news that Judi McCoy has passed away after a long illness. She was so vibrant and so generous to upcoming authors (like me). You couldn't help but smile when she was around. She'll be missed by readers and dog lovers all over! Her many romances were filled with fun and always an upbeat HEA. I'm sure she's getting a well-deserved one of her own right now in heaven.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thank you for the info. I have only read one book by her so far but I remember it being good. So sad to hear the news.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh, that is so sad, Andrea. Thank you for letting us know. I've been wanting to read her Dog Walker Mysteries, as I am a huge dog-lover and they were recommended to me. Condolences to her friends and family.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) She contributed some of her royalties from the dog-walker series to animal rescue organizations. She was a huge dog lover. The family is asking for donations in lieu of flowers. I'm sure you can find out more on her website or blog.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thank you, Andrea for providing us this info. It is appreciated.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 20, 2012 05:55AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments That is so neat! What a wonderful person.

message 7: by Julianna (last edited Feb 20, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Wow, this is such a shock. One of the authors at the Chocolate Affaire I attended two weeks ago told me that Judi had been very ill in a diabetic coma, but she also said she was improving. They actually invited me to sign a get well card they were putting together for her.

Although I haven't read her books yet, I met Judi at two past Chocolate Affaires. She traveled here to AZ from her home in VA, and maintained membership in our local RWA chapter. She seemed like a very nice lady. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.

I don't see anything on her website or blog yet about donations, but she told me the last time I saw her that she was donating some of the proceeds from the Dogwalker series to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (http://www.bestfriends.org/index.htm) which I've heard is a wonderful organization. I think I might check into making a donation in her memory there.

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) Hey, guys, I thought some of you might like to know:
(per her husband, Dennis)- For those wanting to make donations in lieu of flowers, Judi's favorite charity was:

Tidewater Bichon Frise Rescue
P.O. Box 8084
Suffolk, VA 23438
http://virginiabichonrescue.org/ - donations taken online

But seriously, reading and enjoying her books would be all the memorial she'd ever need. She loved her fans! She was a member of my writers' group and talked about how much she enjoyed meeting them all the time.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Thanks, Andrea. I think I'll get one or more of her books. Love dogs.