The Unknown Awesomes discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 153 (153 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1223 comments Mod
{The market...Very small, yet slightly busy place to grab something simple, if you don't want to go to the center.}

message 2: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Someone should make an Aladdin type character for here)

message 3: by Robin (new)

{I was thinking slightly more prosperous than the market in Aladdin, and a bit smaller, but I like your idea. Do you want to? I always like adventurous street rats!}

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments {Hmm, I like the smaller more prosperous idea, but maybe someone like a cross between Aladdin and Robin Hood... But on a smaller scale with the market)

message 5: by Robin (new)

{Sounds good!! Especially 'cause the town center is a lot larger.}

message 6: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (He could be like someone who goes around through all of the places too)

message 7: by Robin (new)

{Yah. No character is stuck in one area.}

message 8: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Maybe we should create the character now... XD)

message 9: by Robin (new)

{Hit it!}

message 10: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Name: Damian (Nicknames, Aladdin, Robin Hood)
Background: Orphan. He loves the outdoors, he is a 'street rat' but everyone seems to be in his debt because he is so helpful and resourceful. He wouldn't hurt a fly but he sometimes gets his food in unlawful ways. He is technically in trouble with the kingdom but they haven't caught him and pretty much everyone likes him.
Appearance: {Your turn Robin!}

message 11: by Robin (new)

Appearance: Slightly long, wild black hair, deep blue-gray eyes, long, nimble fingers, average height, fairly skinny

message 12: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (I love it!)
Damian was strolling through the market waiting for the right moment to take the loaf of bread from the greedy storekeeper. She wouldn't haggle prices at all! About 3 minutes later he saw his chance. She had turned her back to the cart to tell someone what she thought a fair price for potatoes is. Quickly he slid up to the cart and a moment later the shopkeeper turned to see Damian dashing away with a french baguette. She called after him, but he never even looked back, she knew that he probably wasn't stealing for him, just the children whose parents don't make enough money.

Damian nimbly jogged through the small crowd to the children he had seen earlier. He gave them 3/4 of the bread and told them to bring it to their parents and say that Aladdin gave it to them. The kids took the bread and ran as fast as they could to their house. Damian gobbled down the remaining bits.

message 13: by Robin (new)

{Thanks!}

Violet walked, distracted, through the market to make it to the shore. Her hair was pulled back with a black silk ribbon. She was reading a book while walking, and then accidentally ran into the skinny boy who was running through the market.

message 14: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Damian apologized to the girl he ran into and asked what she was reading that was so good. Violet asks if he reads and Damian says that he doesn't know how, he grew up on the streets and never was in school.

message 15: by Robin (new)

Violet took in a sharp breath. Couldn't read? How could one live and not read?! Plus, he looked so...unlike most guys, she was hoping they could become friends. Someone else who was "weird" like her.
"Would you like...Would you like me to teach you? We could start today...at the shore. That's where I'm going now..." she said, toying with the pages of the book.

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Um, sure... I love the shore!" says Damian. They proceed to walk to the shore, "Oh, I'm apologize for my manners! My name is Damian, if you don't mind me asking what's is your name?"

message 17: by Robin (new)

Violet smiled. This could be fun.
"Violet. I hope you like fantasy adventures, because that's the only book I brought with me. So...what do you do? You know, like, I run the book shop/cafe."

message 18: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Oh, well, um, I uh... I kind of am what you might consider a 'street rat'. I kind of get by however I can, I'm good with my hands so I mostly live in the woods. I like to help out the poor whenever I can. I hope I like them um fastany adventures too." Damian says with a smile, this girl seems so nice and has the prettiest eyes he's ever seen!
(I meant to write fastany btw)

message 19: by Robin (new)

Violet smiled again. "Really? That's so cool! And incredibly nice. I'm sure the poor appreciate it." They arrived at the beach, and she pulled a blanket out of her messenger bag. "This book is a collection of fantasy adventure short stories. Do you want me to read one, and then I can go through it with you a second time, so you know what the story I'll teach you to read should sound like?" Violet sat down on the blanket and flipped to the first story.

message 20: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Okay, that sounds good." ... Ten minutes later Violet just finished reading. Damian has been focusing on her pretty eyes and has barely heard a word. "You have really pretty eyes," Damian blurts out. He silently curses himself, why on earth did I say that, idiot idiot idiot. (XD)

message 21: by Robin (new)

{Did he mention he was an idiot? XD }

Violet glanced up. "Oh," she said, startled. "Thanks," she said, smiling shyly. She was about to say something else, when an arrow came rushing past, just barely missing her hair. It had come from the sea, of all places...

message 22: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (haha yah...)

"Oh my! Are you okay? Where did that come from?" Damian asks. "I'm going to get it see if it has anything on it." Damian walks away to get the arrow and sees a note on it, it reads: Damian, this is Alicia. Violet is very special to us mermaids. You are a nice boy. Don't disappoint us. ~Alicia.

message 23: by Robin (new)

{Wait, should we move this to the shore? I'll post the response on the Shore thread.}

message 24: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Sara walked aimlessly through the market, thinking desperately about the trail. I need to do something, she thought firmly. She finally realized she was standing at a market stand. The girl running it cleared her throat. "You gonna get something?"
"What are you selling?" Sara asked distractedly.
She blinked. "Um... jewelery? I thought it was kinda obvious." Sara suddenly noticed the cases of necklaces and bracelets propped up on the countertop. "Never mind," she muttered, walking away.

message 25: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Does Sara want to walk back to the trail and find Jack and they can collaborate on something?)

message 26: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Sorry... who's Jack, again? Sounds familiar, but I can't place the name...

message 27: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 1326 comments Mod
{Read the forest thread...}

message 28: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Oh, now I see! Hey, Frances, that's a good idea!!!

message 29: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (See ya in the forest?)

message 30: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Definitely.

message 31: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments After much internal conflict, Nikara decided to trail Nightshade after all. Her companion was browsing the first aid section, clearly with the intention of not returning to the hospital.
Nikara tapped her shoulder. Nightshade turned to face her. Shock flooded her features her a moment, then anger replaced it. "You're stalking me?" she demanded.
Nikara sighed. "Of course I did. Nothing else to do, I guess." She turned to the booth, examining the bandages as one would browse a sales rack for clothing at the mall.
"Don't you have better things to do? Like, electrocuting yourself or killing other people's taste buds?" Nightshade snapped.
Nikara arched an eyebrow. "My cooking's not that bad."
"You're living in a delusion." Nikara simply shrugged at this and continued sorting through the antiseptics. Nightshade slumped against a booth pole and sighed. "Fill me in," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Now."
So Nikara sighed, stepped back from the stall a little, and filled her in.

message 32: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments "WHAT??!!!" Nightshade was utterly horrified. "You told her I had a BOYFRIEND????!!!!!!!!!"
Nikara shrugged. "To be fair, I also told her you beat the crap out of him."
"Doesn't matter!!!" Nightshade shrieked. Heads turned to face them.
Nikara squeezed Nightshade's shoulder. "Listen," she hissed. "I had to tell her something. That was what came to mind."
Nightshade was not flattered. "The first thing that came to mind was me having a boyfriend???"
"No, the first thing that came to mind was you beating up your ex-boyfriend. So that's what I told her."
Nightshade was still appalled. "I swear," she said, shaking her head. "You have an alien mind. It's the only slightly reasonable explanation for the way you think."

message 33: by Kyra (last edited Jun 14, 2012 05:31PM) (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (I just had to write that. Before Ducky gets back tomorrow and does it. XD)

message 34: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

{Beating up a boyfriend. That parts probably me, if I were ever going to have a boyfriend in the first place. Which I'm not. Watch your back, ickle.}

message 35: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (If your boyfriend were a book character, it would be believable for you to have one.)

message 36: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

{*eyeroll* I don't have one anymore.}

message 37: by Kyra (last edited Jun 17, 2012 02:26PM) (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Really? No book character crushes? Huh. Welcome to my world. (sigh) Although I have more than enough book character friends. I can never seem to move past that stage of my life.)

message 38: by Mel (new)

Mel | 956 comments C{{He he... Don't even get me started on book character crushes. I will never stop and you wil not agree with me. XD And wow. I was gone for a while to celebrate father's day and when I come back... BLAM! I have, like, 7 updates!!! And almost every topic has a new post!!! Excuse me while I read them all... :)

message 39: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

{*grinning* Welcome to my world. It's even worse when you're mod.}

message 40: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Pssh, that's nothing. I had 21 notices after being gone, like, an HOUR once.)

message 41: by Mel (last edited Jun 17, 2012 03:35PM) (new)

Mel | 956 comments {Yeah, I guess I really can't complain. :/ BRB}

message 42: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Oh, I didn't mean it like that!!! It's just that this one group I'm in is really active and I'm always getting a lot of notices from them. But they're fun, too. XD)

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel | 956 comments {Chill, I'm not sad. :)<---- see? And I'm back. My mom made me fold. *sigh* :)}

message 44: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Ack!!! Hate when that happens. XD)

"So," Nikara began, turning to face Nightshade. "What's our next move?"
"MY first move is to get out of here," Nightshade growled, scowling as she thrust a wad of money at the cashier for the first-aid stall. "Can't stay in one place for too long, or those dratted nurses will find me. Do NOT stalk me again if you value your health."
Nikara smirked. "I don't have to stalk you. I'll come with you."
"In your dreams," Nightshade snorted. "You can't randomly follow me around and then expect me to take you in, you know. You know me better than that."
Nikara sighed. "I bet the nurses would like to hear of your whereabouts."
Nightshade froze. "I'll be long gone before they get here," she hissed.
Nikara shrugged. "It won't take much detective work to find out where you're staying, though. I have a best bet."
Nightshade snarled at her, furious. "Fine," she snapped. "I'll see you to the edge of the market, then I'll leave."
"That's not the deal, Nightsh-"
"I don't give a care! Follow me, if you're so eager, but then I'll get around easier WITHOUT a tag-along."
Nikara sighed but followed her.

message 45: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (last edited Jun 17, 2012 07:35PM) (new)

{I do often say "I don't give a care..."}

message 46: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (You do.)

message 47: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Hey, Ducky. You can have the next post if you like... XD)

message 48: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Soon they reached the edge of the market. "Okay, bye Nikki," Nightshade said. She slapped her neck and took off into the air.
"Nice try!" Nikara called, and shot off after her.

message 49: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (That made me smile. XD)

Nikara tore off after Nightshade. (Who I don't think is supposed to be a hugon in this group, but whatever.) Typically, she wasn't this insistent with intruding her friend's privacy, but let's be blunt- she needed a place to stay. Hospital wasn't an option anymore.

message 50: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

{She's a shape-shifter, I think.}

« previous 1 3 4