Books2Movies Club discussion

Spotlighted Reads > YA movies and TV series based on YA books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ivana18 (last edited Feb 18, 2012 12:12PM) (new)

ivana18 | 11 comments So many of my friends read YA books so I thought that it would be a good idea to start a topic about YA TV series and movies based on YA books.
Here you can name and discuss the movies and TV series that are based on YA books.

I'll start....but I'm not really an expert on this topic so I'll need some help, since not many of the YA books I liked were made into TV series or movies :D

The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer - movies Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - Part 1, Breaking Dawn - Part 2

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins - the movie The Hunger Games

The Complete Gossip Girl Series (Gossip Girl, #1-11, Prequel) by Cecily von Ziegesar - TV series Gossip Girl

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard - TV series TV series

The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard - TV series The Lying Game

How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls by Zoey Dean - TV series Privileged

message 2: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments Mod
Isn't/wasn't there an Animorphs series at some point? I remember loving those books years ago. I think there was a also a Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys thing, too.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 24 comments I watched the Australian movie Tomorrow When the War Began and it is based on a series of 7 YA invasion novels by John Marsden. Also continued with The Ellie Chronicles.
I'm definately putting these books on my TBR.

message 4: by Rachell (new)

Rachell | 1 comments Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan in 2004 was based on this book. The Screen play was written by Tina Fey.

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Oct 12, 2012 08:59AM) (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 24 comments Another Australian movie I've watched based on a YA book is The December Boys by Michael Noonan. 5 orphans spend 2 months on the beach as a holiday from their orphanage.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/1...