Places in the kingdom > The Shore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 221 (221 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1223 comments Mod
{Once more-go, have fun!}

message 2: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Name: Alicia
Background: She is the most beautiful mermaid and can take on any form of sea creature and change her looks as much as she wants. She has a daughter, Isabella (Isa) who feels inferior because Isa isn't nearly as pretty as her mom. Her husband, Cornelius (Neil), is a half-mermaid and is currently on land.

message 3: by Robin (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:51PM) (new)

{OOO! Neil should be the king's servant, and friend! That way the castle would have a spy of sorts!}

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Oh my gosh!!! I love it!)

message 5: by Robin (new)

{Okay, so back to Damian and Violet at the shore...}

Violet got up, jamming the book into her messenger bag. "Yeah, I'm fine," she said, running towards Damian and the arrow. "Was there anything on it?" Damian glanced away, hiding the note in his pocket.
"No. Just an arrow." Violet shrugged.
"Odd."

message 6: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Well, maybe I guess I should be going.... We should do this again sometime, maybe I could meet you at your shop?"

(Did she say she had the shop? I can't remember.)

message 7: by Robin (new)

{Yah. She asked him what he did for a living and she mentioned it...}

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay? We could hang out here...I brought sandwiches. Or if you want to go you could come to the shop tomorrow and we could work on reading." Violet fiddled with the ribbon in her hair. Had she said something?

message 8: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Um, I think I'll come to the shop tomorrow... I kinda have to go... Uh see you tomorrow? Around 1pm?" Damian started walking away. He wanted to wait for Violet to leave so she could go look for Alicia.

message 9: by Robin (new)

Violet shrugged. She picked up her, gathered the blanket, and jammed all of it into the messenger bag.
"Sounds good," she said. "See you tomorrow." The apartment above the shop where she lived needed to be cleaned, anyway. She stood for a second before giving Damian a hesitant and loose hug. "Bye."

message 10: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Can you be Alicia in the Damian/Alicia scenes, Robin?)

Once Damian was sure Violet was gone he went to the shore and looked for Alicia. Soon he saw her tale flipping close to shore and he called out to her...

message 11: by Robin (new)

{Yah! Tell me if I'm doing it wrong, though.}

"Ahhh, Damian. I thought I'd be seeing you! Come, take a swim!" Alicia started singing in her wonderful voice.

message 12: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "But, I don't know how to swim..."

message 13: by Robin (new)

"Damian, you need not know, just feel! Come!" she flipped out of the water, her tail still submerged, and took his hand, dragging him under the surface. "We can talk. For you see, if a mermaid wants it so, a mortal can breathe under water."

message 14: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Okay..." Damian slowly realized he wasn't going to run out of air. "So, why did you shoot that arrow at Violet? She was teaching me how to read!"

message 15: by Robin (new)

Alicia smiled, her hair flying around in the water, her scales shining. "I understand, Damian, but you must be worthy of her loyalty and friendship, for she is incredibly special and destined for equally incredible things."

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Well how do I become, er, equal? "

message 17: by Robin (new)

"Well, you're close...You're nice, friendly, kind, generous...How about we make a promise? A bargain. You will give us something of value to you if you break a vow." {Do you wanna create the vow, or should I?}

message 18: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (I guess I can!)

"You will vow to take care of Violet, you won't intrude on her, you won;t betray her, you won't let harm come to her. You will be her best friend, her shoulder to cry on, you will support her decisions and keep her from danger. Or else we will need to take something from you..."

(That was kinda lame but I don't do vows very often :) what should his valued thing be?)

message 19: by Robin (new)

{It was ten times better than what mine would have been!}

Damian nodded. "Okay...So I guess...I'll give you my life? I can forever serve you? Or my confidence? My sense of direction? And why is she so important?"

{As in her mum being a water nymph...Something about uniting two lands?}

message 20: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (We totally switched places on purpose XD)

"You will give me your generosity. It is more valuable than you think. Violet's Mum did something very helpful and valuable for us, it is her story to tell not mine."

message 21: by Robin (new)

Damian nodded again. Man, these mermaids were hard to figure out! "So now, if I don't do all that stuff you said, you'll take my generosity? Do I have to shake on it, or something?"

message 22: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "No, just remember, protect, friendly, not to betray and support." With that Damian rose to the surface without kicking at all and Alicia disappeared. Damian scrambled to shore and went to the market.

message 23: by Robin (new)

{So...to the market?}

message 24: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Hi, guys! I'm one of Ducky's friends, recently joined!)

message 25: by Robin (last edited Feb 29, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

{Hi!}

message 26: by Robin (last edited Feb 29, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

{Wait, are you the Unknown Kyra?}

message 27: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Um... what? I... guess so...)

message 28: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Meanwhile...

Sara (see character profile in Forest) saw Damian rising out of the water out of the corner of her eye. As soon as he was out of earshot, she rushed to the edge of the water and dove in. She caught Alicia's attention with an urgent wave. "Alicia," she scolded, the water parting before her lips to make way for the words. "Why HIM?"
"Is something wrong?"
"No... I just don't know why you picked him. Don't tell me you're becoming arrogant- it doesn't suit you."

message 29: by Robin (new)

{Awwww! Poor Damian is gonna get a verbal beating! XD }

message 30: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Oops...)

message 31: by Robin (new)

{I think it's quite humorous!}

message 32: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (why, thank you!)

"Well?" Sara demanded, rather rudely. She was not known for eloquence.

message 33: by Robin (new)

{You're very welcome!}

message 34: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Sorry, haven't been on! Eloquence- nice word!)
"I am not picking on him. Hmph, Violet is very important, we need to keep her safe. Don't get your panties in a twist!" Alicia exclaimed while basking in the sun.

message 35: by Robin (new)

{Don't get your panties in a twist! XD It snowed during recess on Wednesday and he was using an umbrella and we told him to put his man pants on.}

message 36: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Thank you. Panties in a twist... I love that saying!)

"Yeah I know we need to keep her safe. I'm not questioning that. But my question is, why did you give a complete stranger the position, and then threaten to take something he doesn't recognize as valuable if he fails? THAT'S what bugs me, Alicia!"

message 37: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 1326 comments Mod
{Watch out, Alicia, she's about to blow up!}

message 38: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (AHAHAHHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!... still though. Be on your feet.)

message 39: by Robin (new)

{Like, literally blow up. And mermaids don't have feet!}

message 40: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments Mm, that's right! Sorry. Watch out, then.

message 41: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Because. That's Damian."
"Um, is that name supposed to make an impression?"
"No, his father's name should though. He is the former King Stravin. He had Damian through wedlock with a faerie."
(Okay, clarification. King Stravin was an evil king who took over the kingdom, he was half-mermaid, half-mortal. He had Damian out of wed-lock with Ursula a faerie. Faeries are bad bur fairies are good. Ursula and Stravin ran away and left Damian to fend for himself.)

message 42: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments "You want to assign the son of King Stravin to Violet?!" Sara almost shrieked. Then she took a moment to compose herself. "I'm sorry. I know it's not fair of me. But... if his father taught him anything at such a young age... it could last through his life. Even if he doesn't know it." Sara shook her head. "We can't risk letting someone like that get near Violet... oh, Alicia, what were you thinking?" she groaned, burying her face in her hands.

message 43: by Robin (new)

(Man, Damianogt thrown a bad lot in life!)

message 44: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 1326 comments Mod
{no kidding!}

message 45: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (yeah, I feel sorry for him...)

message 46: by Robin (new)

{Poor dude. But now he's got Violet as a buddy.}

message 47: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 1053 comments (Yeah, that's a definite plus.) XD

message 48: by Robin (new)

{Totally. :D }

message 49: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "That's why I made him say the oath! He is very generous. He'll do fine! You doubt me too much!"

message 50: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Uh, Alicia said that! Sorry I haven't been on!)

« previous 1 3 4 5