The Unknown Awesomes discussion

Places in the kingdom > Town Center

Comments Showing 1-50 of 483 (483 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1223 comments Mod
{Go ahead and begin!}

The town square bustled with busy people.

Violet sat quietly in the book and tea/cafe shop, which is adjacent to the surf shop.
The surf shop is the place to go if you are looking for swim suites, sunscreen, beach supplies, and, of course, if you wanted to oggle at the handsome owner, Ryan. Unfortunately for Violet, she had to listen to all the giggly girls who walked passed her window to go to the surf shop, as well as deal with Ryan, who, for some reason, had something against her.

message 2: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Lulu walks over to Violet and asks why she looks so unhappy. Violet says it's because Ryan is being a jerk. Lulu says that she can fix that and goes over to Ryan and buys a swim suit for little kids. She hands it to him and says, "This should fit your maturity level." XD

message 3: by Robin (new)

{Nice!}

Violet stands behind Frances as she buys the swimsuit.

Ryan looks terribly offended and then recovers, rolling his eyes and sighing.

"If you're not serious customers, then you better go. There are lots of prettier girls who are waiting."

Violet smacks him in the nose, and she and Frances leaves.

"Man, I hate that dude," she says.

"So do I! he's so arrogant!"

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments (Aw, yeah!)

We go to my sister's (hmm named Posy) bakery to get some gourmet cupcakes, plus Lulu works there occasionally.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Violet bids Lulu farewell, and decides to close her shop for the day and head to the shore-the water that she belongs with.

message 6: by Robin (new)

Amy sat at the fountain in the middle of the square, contemplating life. She was incredibly bored of her current villager life, and yearned for adventure. What fun it would be to go to the ball, say...What if the owner of the store she worked at could lend her some dresses? Or some of her friends...Just think! Dancing with princes!

message 7: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Lulu comes up to Amy in a furffy (I made that word up XD), "D YOU know where I can find that ignorant fool who made the trail in the forest? It's a very nice trail and I'd be happy to approve it but I need to speak to the maker of it so I can make sure he isn't a rogue or something! But noooo no one will tell me a squick about him! They say 'Oh, I don't know but the new trail is quite nice isn't it?' Well now I have to shut down the trail until I find him and everyone is going to be mad at ME! Ugh, people sometimes... Would like a red velvet cupcake, Amy?"

message 8: by Robin (new)

Amy glanced up, seeing Lulu approaching her in one of her furffies.
"Ahhh, sure," she said, taking the cupcake. Lulu did bake great foods. "Have you considered that kid in the market....David or whatever? The poor one?" she asked, her mouth full of baked good. "Oh, do you have any fancy dresses I could borrow? Perhaps you had a rich aunt? Or do you know where I could get one?"

message 9: by Robin (new)

Violet trudged back to her shop and up the stairs that lead to her apartment. She unlocked the door, and stepped into the small mud room She kicked her sandy shoes off, heading to the kitchen to grab an iced tea. She wasn't sure if she believed the boy Damian about the arrow, but she was sure that if he had something to hide, it was probably for a good reason. He seemed nice enough. Perhaps they could become good friends. Something Violet had never had...

message 10: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Hey that's a good idea, I'll have to talk to him, any idea where he lives? And I'm not much into dresses but I might Posy might have some. Why do you need them?"

message 11: by Robin (new)

"Thanks, I think he hangs out in the market, but he might camp in the forest," Amy said. "Long story...if you can keep a secret, I'll tell you." Amy took a deep breath. "I'm gonna sneak into the balls," she whispered.

message 12: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "REALLY? That sounds like so much fun!! Of course I'm not gonna tell anyone... I think I can help out with getting those dresses..." Lulu says with a mischievous grin.

message 13: by Robin (new)

"Good old Lulu! I knew I could trust you! You're great!" Amy gave Lulu a hug. "So, are you off to find the David guy?"

message 14: by Fran (last edited Feb 21, 2012 12:28PM) (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Yup, I guess so! So do you want to meet at the bakery tomorrow at noon? My sister's apartment is above the bakery and she has tons of dresses that I could 'fix up' for you."

message 15: by Robin (new)

"Sounds good! You're the best!!!! Thanks," Amy finished as Frances left. The whole thing was so crazy it might work.

message 16: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments Lulu strolled away to find that David kid. She'd heard of him but never met him. Apparently he was a nice kid always giving back to the poor but he often stole from shops.

message 17: by Robin (new)

Amy skipped back to her flat to plan further. This would be so cool!

message 18: by Robin (new)

The next day, Amy walked over to Lulu's bakery. She was practically jumping. Tonight was the first ball, and they were going to spend all afternoon doing Amy's hair and picking out an outfit. She entered the bakery. "Lulu?!" she yelled.

message 19: by Fran (new)

Fran (franswims) | 778 comments "Ye-es!" Lulu's voice came from behind her, AMy turned around and saw Lulu bursting through the door. "Hey!! Okay, lets go raid my sisters closet!"

(I gotta go get ready for swim team... I'll be on later probably!)

message 20: by Robin (new)

{Bye! Have fun!}

message 21: by Robin (new)

Amy and Lulu ran up to the apartment and stormed into her sister's room. "Let's get started!"

message 22: by Robin (last edited Feb 24, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

Violet finished cleaning the apartment, but she just couldn't settle down. She wasn't hungry for dinner and every time she sat down to read she thought of how nice Damian was. She turned the close sign on the shop's door, grabbed her book from earlier that day, and sat at the fountain to attempt to read. As she leaned over the novel her long hair spilled around her face.

message 23: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 1326 comments Mod
{XD I am currently listening to "Belle." Perfect timing}

message 24: by Robin (new)

{Nice! XD}

message 25: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

Corrin walked into the Town Center and saw a beautiful girl sitting on the edge of the fountain. Oh. He slapped himself on his forehead. It was Violet, Of course. He leaned against a pole a little ways away from her, pretending to be interested by some birds next to her.

message 26: by Robin (new)

Violet flipped the page and glanced up. She surveyed all the people who were bustling by, and the odd boy who stood a few yards away. She could have sworn he was watching her. She shrugged and looked back to her book, running her fingers through the water in the fountain's base absentmindedly.

message 27: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (last edited Feb 24, 2012 04:57PM) (new)

He just couldn't work up the courage to say something. Instead, he bought some bread and walked over to the birds, giving them little pieces at a time. Come on, say something to me, he thought.

message 28: by Robin (new)

Violet glanced up again, as she turned another page. What was with this dude? He was clearly watching her by now. Well, if he wasn't going to say something, she would. She closed her book and got up, brushing her hair out of her face.
Violet approached the boy. "Hello, my name is Violet," she started. "What's yours?"

message 29: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

He stifled a sigh of relief. "Corrin," he smiled and offered her some bread. "Would you like to feed pigeons too?"

{Since he grew up in the forest, he's not that great with human interaction.}

message 30: by Robin (new)

Violet looked at the bread. "Ummm...Sure." She took the piece of bread and started throwing it to the birds. "So...Where do you live? I own the book shop and cafe over there. What about you?"

message 31: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (last edited Feb 24, 2012 05:21PM) (new)

"Oh..." he cursed silently. How to answer, how to answer? "I live in a hut at the edge of town. By the forest. Do you enjoy books?"

message 32: by Robin (new)

Violet sighed. This boy was quite tiresome. "Yes, I enjoy books. I mean, I own a barking book shop! What about you? What do you do?"

message 33: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

"I'm a healer. I work at the hospital." Every time he went to the forest to talk to his parents, he came back a little discombobulated. But he was getting back into it now.

message 34: by Robin (new)

Violet nodded. "That's cool. So do you like to read?"

message 35: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

"Uh, a bit. What's your favorite book about?"

message 36: by Robin (new)

"Right now I'm reading the most amazing book. It's a collection of fantasy/fairy tale/adventures!" as Violet said this, her gaze drifted toward the direction of the shore and she thought about her afternoon with Damian.

message 37: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

"Cool." Corrin leaned back against another pole. Too late, he discovered it was not attached to the ground. The pole toppled to the ground, bringing Corrin with it and throwing him into a large muddy puddle.

message 38: by Robin (new)

Violet jumped as she was brought back to Earth with the clanging of a pole falling. She whipped around and saw Corrin face plant into a muddy puddle. "Are you all right," she asked, mildly concerned, as she offered him her hand, pulling him up. "If you'd like a towel we can go to my shop and grab one."

message 39: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

He was extremely embarrassed. "Uh...Sure." They headed into Violet's shop.

message 40: by Robin (new)

Violet unlocked the door and led Corrin up the stairs to the apartment. "Here," she said, pouring him a glass of water. "Wait here in the living room. I'll go get a towel."

message 41: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

When she left, he put his head in his hands. He really messed that up. He sat up again. And groaned. Now his hands were all muddy. Violet came back with the towel. "Thanks," he took it. "I better go. I need to grab some lunch before my break's over."

message 42: by Robin (new)

"Are you sure," she asked. Why was it that every person she talked to wanted to leave immediately after? "You could have lunch in the cafe. I could make you something."

message 43: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

What he really wanted was to get out of there. But... "I guess." They walked to the cafe. "So...what do you have?"

message 44: by Robin (new)

"I can make almost anything. How about some avocado salmon soup? It's quite tasty and in season." Violet moved to the kitchen and whipped up a bowl and a grilled cheese and greens sandwich.

message 45: by Robin (last edited Feb 24, 2012 06:14PM) (new)

"So what were you doing feeding the birds," she asked. "Just taking a break?" Violet sat in the chair next to him and looked him in the eyes.

message 46: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

"Oh, well. I found some bread on the ground and decided to give it to them. I didn't really have anything entertaining to do." And the forest awkwardness had still been there.

message 47: by Robin (new)

"What's your favorite thing in the entire world," Violet asked, leaning forward onto her hands to stare into Corrin's nervous eyes. She always liked to hear what people said for this question.

message 48: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

{Oh, crackers, I gotta think!}

message 49: by Robin (new)

{XD Just wing it. Studying plants, perhaps?}

message 50: by Jocelyn (Ducky) (new)

"Well, uh..." He couldn't think with her staring at him like that. "I like the violet-colored flowers in the forest?"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10