!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Series > Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead By: Richelle Mead

One of the most higly-popular and MUST-read vampire series in the YA genre! What do you guys think? What makes Vampire Academy a classic YA vampire series?

*SPOILERS may be in this section*
Please place a warning before your spoilers! :P

message 2: by Margot (new)

Margot This is my favorite series EVER!

Love the characters, the storyline, Richelle's way of writing!!!

I think the series is so good because Rose isn't the kind of whiny, ditzy heroine.

She's strong, smart and self-dependent, doesn't expect a male character to come and save her, unlike most YA series you see nowadays.

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Margot wrote: "This is my favorite series EVER!

Love the characters, the storyline, Richelle's way of writing!!!

I think the series is so good because Rose isn't the kind of whiny, ditzy heroine.

She's strong..."

Did you read Bloodlines? You MUST! Its as great, though I NEED to start VA! :D

message 4: by Margot (new)

Margot I haven't read Bloodlines yet. I plan on starting it when the second or third are already published, since I forget parts of the story after some time; it seems there'll be 6 books too and each'll be released 6 months after the other...

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Ooh! That's great! I really loved Syndey but miss Rose! :) lol xD

message 6: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean I only read the first book but I like this series. I really like Rose becauase shes an in your face, kick ass type of heroine. I like that she tells people how it is and doesnt sugar coat it (except for Lissa). I also really like how loyal she is to Lissa and how she would die to protect her. Shes a great heroine. Kinda like Buffy

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Joanne wrote: "I only read the first book but I like this series. I really like Rose becauase shes an in your face, kick ass type of heroine. I like that she tells people how it is and doesnt sugar coat it (excep..."

Totally! Rose is so kick-ass! :P

message 8: by Margot (new)

Margot Yep! Rose's my fav heroine ever! :D

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina I love this series! Love that rose has a backbone and can kick ass!
didnt like Dimitri so much though..especially in the last two books.

I am looking forward to reading Bloodlines..I hear Adrian is in it(he was my favorite) (:

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE VAMPIRE ACADEMY!!.....I JUST GO TO FINISH READING THE SERIES!!

message 11: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 110 comments Mod
I need to read Vampire Academy!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Vampire Academy is my top priority, I have to buy the book soon!!!

Kensiethebookworm (kreeves) | 51 comments Same here I am going to check my library!

message 14: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Lee Chu wrote: "Vampire Academy is my top priority, I have to buy the book soon!!!"

Kendal wrote: "Same here I am going to check my library!"

Definetly! Have you guys picked up her Bloodlines series? So so good! :)

message 15: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 110 comments Mod
I haven't read VA or Bloodlines but I heard Bloodlines is really good but not as good as VA.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Patrick wrote: "Lee Chu wrote: "Vampire Academy is my top priority, I have to buy the book soon!!!"

Kendal wrote: "Same here I am going to check my library!"

Definetly! Have you guys picked up her Bloodlines ser..."

I just the books a week ago and I'm up to the 4th book. God it is so good. Probably one of the best vampire saga I ever read.