Young Adult Reads discussion

Fave Books that made you cry

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 692 comments Mod
Post books that made you shed some tears or had you bawling your eyes out!

message 2: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

These books had me bawling my eyes out, but I loved them so much.

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

I shed some tears with these.
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

message 3: by Janina, Daemon fanatic. (new)

Sing Me To Sleep is an amazing book :) But sad and I highly recommend it!

Caroline McMaster The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver made me cry xD
surprisingly, so did The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer which i wasn't expecting.
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher made me cry a little too :P
..I think The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) by Jonathan Maberry did too.. I can't remember.

message 5: by Thalia (last edited Mar 17, 2012 12:05PM) (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) The Lost City of Faar by D.J. MacHale Raven Rise (Pendragon, #9) by D.J. MacHale The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10) by D.J. MacHale New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen Dreamland  by Sarah Dessen Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux Ico Castle in the Mist by Miyuki Miyabe Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

In the case of Nineteen Minutes, I didn't even like most of the book because of content issues, but the parts that I loved made me sob and sob.

Surprisingly, I think Raven Rise made me cry the most. I spent like...an hour and a half sobbing, straight.

Actually, all of these made me sob. I never cry just a little. And I'm like, super crazy emotional, therefore this list is huge. XD And most of these are only ones I've read so far for my review blog!

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) Forbidden made me cry buckets of tears!

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenreads) Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott this made me cry scared tears

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (twinmomstl) The flipping Notebook. Couldn't even finish it, same with the movie. I was a blubbering idiot.

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria (lovealways) | 13 comments -Night by Elie Wiesel
-A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer
-The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Bawled my eyes out.

message 13: by Azhia (new)

Azhia | 24 comments Um lets see ; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare , Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins , The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Untamed (House of Night, #4) by P.C. Cast Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer , The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa , The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa , The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead

message 14: by Princessruth9 (new)

Princessruth9 | 18 comments book lover wrote: "Um lets see ; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare ,Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins ,The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins,Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra ClareUntamed (House of Night, #4) by P.C. Cast[bookcover:Brea..."

you must be very imotional( no offence)

message 15: by Princessruth9 (new)

Princessruth9 | 18 comments Maria wrote: "-Night by Elie Wiesel
-A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer
-The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Bawled my eyes out."

Yes, a child called it was VERY imotional.

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Fisher (rachel_e_fisher) | 22 comments In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez

3AM, heart-wrenching, head-wrinkling, near nausea-inducing sobbing

message 17: by Nikkie (new)

Nikkie | 29 comments Here are just a few:

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Needless to say I cry a lot! It has become worse since I have had a baby! Any time I child is hurt or killed I boo hoo! Lucky by Alice Sebold

message 18: by Chloe (new)

Chloe the time traveller's wife
most of nicholas sparks books make me blubber like an idiot at the end.
and cecelia ahern's books are capable of making me shed tears too:)

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria (lovealways) | 13 comments Princessruth9 wrote:
Yes, a child called it was VERY imotional."

Yeah it was almost exhausting

message 20: by Kinza (new)

message 21: by Midnight Walker (new)

Midnight Walker | 3 comments Frostbite when mason dies :(

message 22: by Ine (last edited Feb 19, 2012 11:25PM) (new)

message 23: by Renee (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:18AM) (new)

Renee I cry in so many books, I'm really emotional, and this is only some of them!
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #1) by Ann Brashares The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #2) by Ann Brashares Girls in Pants/Forever in Blue (The Third Summer of the Sisterhood/The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood) by Ann Brashares Forever in Blue The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #4) by Ann Brashares Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5) by Ann Brashares Dear John by Nicholas Sparks The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia Gray Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray Afterlife (Evernight, #4) by Claudia Gray Fateful by Claudia Gray The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Ballad A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Gosh, I will have to keep adding! BTW I love books that make me cry...Weird isn't it?? :S

message 24: by Renee (new)

Renee I realise that this is a lot of books guys...but I'm very emotional and empathetic with my characters!
When I finish a book I feel like I have just lost a friend! The Characters... :(

message 25: by Eva (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:28AM) (new)

Eva (evaisabel) Like Renee, I also cry very often. The crazy thing is, that I sometimes cry because everything ends just so great and perfect in spite of all of the problems the protagonists had before.
But there's one book that I remember was the saddest I've ever read.

Before I Die

Seriously, I couldn't stop crying all day. I know the book was great, but I will never read it again because I want to avoid all these tears (it was terrible, really)

message 26: by Julia (new)

Julia | 1 comments Deathly Hallows and The Fault in Our Stars (by John Green). Both made me cry, but only because they are so well written that you care for the characters so much.
It's kind of funny, but I also sometimes cry, when I write emotional scenes, e.g. during my novel Revealed. Revealed (Panthera Academy Series, #1) by Julia Fellner

message 27: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) I have to agree The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

message 28: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (miricaresalot) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This one made me sad and happy and hopeful at the same time. It's one of the best books I've read in the last months, not to say years.

message 29: by Lily (last edited Feb 20, 2012 08:00AM) (new)

Lily | 3 comments Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling made me cry... Butterfly by Sharon Sala when the hero tries to tell her she lost the baby..
and many more..

message 30: by Eva (new)

Eva the only book that ever made my cry was And Then There Were None. It isn't sad and I didn't cry because I found it sad but because I couldn't stand the excitement and thrill.

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashsweet12) | 15 comments The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks & Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys which is one of my favorites <3

message 32: by Eva (last edited Feb 22, 2012 08:49AM) (new)

message 33: by Maddie (new)

message 34: by Maxia (last edited Feb 22, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Maxia the end of Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver
The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy Lignor (httpwwwgoodreadscomalignor) | 10 comments This on stunned me :)

YA Bound Blog praises the angel/warrior team - struggles of the heart and the fight for love and humanity will linger with readers long after the story ends.
http://yabound.blogspot.com/2012/02/b...

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam (sammyfrost) | 2 comments The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa broke my heart when Ash had to go through his three tests. it had me weeping for days until I finally decided to pick up another book. man, that book was intense

message 37: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 23 comments Sam wrote: "The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa broke my heart when Ash had to go through his three tests. it had me weeping for days until I finally decided to pick up another book. man, that book was intense"

I agree with you! There was a lot of heart wrenching moments in iron knight :( But I was pleased with the ending of the book :)

message 38: by Chelsey-Juliet (last edited Feb 25, 2012 02:30PM) (new)

Chelsey-Juliet (Extremebookworm) | 4 comments Thirteen reasons why by Jay Asher
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Handle with care by Jodi Picoult
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
A walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks
The notebook by Nicholas Sparks
and of course...
Harry Potter and the deathly hollows by J.K Rowling

message 39: by Fatema (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:33PM) (new)

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Mockinjay by Suzzanne Collins
Where the Red Fern Grows (I probably cried the most with this one)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling
Before I Fall and Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead
Time Traveler's Wife
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult

message 42: by Fatema (new)

Fatema (fate_ema) | 13 comments any book where anybody that is importaunt to the main character is killed or if the main character is depresed i cry Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

message 43: by Nikkie (new)

Nikkie | 29 comments Fatema wrote: "any book where anybody that is importaunt to the main character is killed or if the main character is depresed i cryForbidden by Tabitha Suzuma"

This one made me cry like a baby!!

message 44: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 11 comments The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner made me cry...

message 45: by Dee (last edited Feb 25, 2012 08:51PM) (new)

Dee | 9 comments Not a lot of books made me cry a lot of tears. So you can say these are really special cause they made me cry hard:
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It by Adam Selzer Campus Girl Claudette, The Queen Bee by Heart Yngrid

These broke my heart (and made me shed a few tears):
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door & Endless Summer) by Jennifer Echols We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) by Jenny Han Love Story by Erich Segal Back in Black (A-List, #5) by Zoey Dean American Beauty (A-List, #7) by Zoey Dean The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 46: by Renee (new)

Renee Eva wrote: "Like Renee, I also cry very often. The crazy thing is, that I sometimes cry because everything ends just so great and perfect in spite of all of the problems the protagonists had before.
But there'..."

Same, I'm WAY too emotional sometimes :)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

i cried like a baby in the host frostbite, hunger games and pretty much all the way through the last two harry potter books.

message 48: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 18 comments When peope died in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
When Shane found Claire in Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) by Rachel Caine
When Max found out Ari is her brother in The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson

message 50: by .·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: (last edited Mar 08, 2012 12:16AM) (new)

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: (amethyst_angel) | 18 comments I definitely cried near the end of these A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks Dear John by Nicholas Sparks The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks I think there's still tearstains in TLS XD I cried about 3 times during New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult was an doozy and Finding Alice by Melody Carlson had me constantly in tears. Oh yeah, and Christine by Stephen King and The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer actually made me tear up.

« previous 1