Hunger Games discussion

Misc. > Do you believe in love at first sight?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Hey so i personally do not believe in love at first sight but i want to know what you guys think. :)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
I don't think so, but I can't prove anything either way.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
I don't think so at all. I think you can have strong attractions at first sight but never love.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe that some people were quite literally made for each other but not that metaphysical forces guarantee that they will love each other at first sight.

So no.

I agree

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles depends. the stuff they show in movies, is a fake.com. but when i saw my aunt lay eyes on her husband, i became a believer in love.

message 9: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Thats cool you saw them when they first met???

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I definitely believe in love. That's been proven to me over and over. But love at first sight? Still iffy.

Ditto

message 12: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Snickerdoodle wrote: "I definitely believe in love. That's been proven to me over and over. But love at first sight? Still iffy."

Amen to that Snickerdoodle.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah right. Love at first sight my butt. In some cases, it's romantic, but only once in a book, but that wasn't even the first time they knew each other...they met in dreams...(Beautiful Creatures)

message 14: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) its simply a release of chemicals in the brain. so no i don't believe in it

message 15: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) maybe....id need to think about that

message 16: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Do you think it's about time we close down this topic?

message 17: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Sorry, late to the party. I believe in love at first sight...but only after it's been tested by hours and hours spent together in the same place LOL

message 18: by Mcw (new)

Mcw Yup and only because it happened to me! 12 years ago, I walked in to a party and immediately made eye contact with a very handsome stranger. We talked all night and when I got home late that night, I closed the door behind me and told my father that I had met the man I am going to marry....we've been married 8 years!

message 19: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

That's great. Congrats.

@David: Interesting view.

message 20: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Oh wow, amazing story mcw! My story is similar with my wife, but the analytical side of me still had to test it out LOL!

btw Lauren, what's your cat's name haha!

message 21: by Mcw (new)

Mcw Hahaha, love it! I couldn't test it out, as I was moving to Europe 1 week later to finish college! We resorted to snail mail and kept in contact that way until I came back home :)

David wrote: "Oh wow, amazing story mcw! My story is similar with my wife, but the analytical side of me still had to test it out LOL!

btw Lauren, what's your cat's name haha!"

message 22: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl Martin I fell in love with my boyfriend before we even laid eyes on each other. My cousin got us talking and we dated for 3 months before we even met. I spent my whole Christmas break with him. He was my first and I plan on him being my last. He is amazing and the love of my life. But I realize that doesn't happen for everyone! Our story is definately not normal!

message 23: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

I feel in love with Flynn Rider the first time I saw Tangled. ;)

@David: Sorry, I'm not allowed to friend anybody I don't personally know. Keep commenting though!

message 24: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Sheryl wrote: "I fell in love with my boyfriend before we even laid eyes on each other. My cousin got us talking and we dated for 3 months before we even met. I spent my whole Christmas break with him. He was my ..."

Wow, amazing, that's awesome!! Love hearing stories like that :)

message 25: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Lauren wrote: "I feel in love with Flynn Rider the first time I saw Tangled. ;)

@David: Sorry, I'm not allowed to friend anybody I don't personally know. Keep commenting though!"

That's ok, I was just being cheeky, I completely understand and I will keep commenting!

message 26: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Sounds like a plan, David. :)

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ nope.

message 28: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

What?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I don't.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

believe in love at first sight.

message 32: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Interesting. Why?

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Yes I do! It does happen! <3