The Teen Debaters discussion

Political > Electoral College

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Think of where we would be if Al Gore had been president...

*blissful sigh*

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) idk the electoral college just kind of confuses me, gonna be honest.

And I though Bush did a nice job his first term and an okay job his second term, but that's just me. In 2000 I was two, so I can't exactly say who I was going for then xD

message 3: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Yeah...I was two, also. XD.

Or maybe I was 1. I was born in late 1998.

message 4: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marianna wrote: "Yeah...I was two, also. XD.

Or maybe I was 1. I was born in late 1998."

Oh me too! I'm October:D

Sooo I believe I was two because the elections are November soo I just had my bday the month before:D

message 5: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments I'm December...XD I was 2 when Bush was snag hatred.

message 6: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments INAUGERATED. INAUGERATED.

iPad...

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

message 8: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) oh Marianna that just made me laugh soooooo hard omg

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Kira Criss wrote: "I don't think it should. I mean, in 2000(I think), when Al Gore ran against George Bush, he had more votes, but the electoral college messed it up. -_-"

yeah my old history teacher could go on and on about this. i was really young then so i don't really remember.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "idk the electoral college just kind of confuses me, gonna be honest.

And I though Bush did a nice job his first term and an okay job his second term, but that's just me. In 2000 I was two, so I ca..."

same here it confuses me too. i think the electoral college should be kicked out and the president should only be chosen based on the popular vote.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ikr? And isn't that the whole point of America's democracy and all? The people get to choose who they want as their leader.

message 12: by Johnathan (new)

Johnathan Electoral College = the reason our vote really doesn't matter.

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia  (juliavdc) | 54 comments I was born when President Bush got sworn in. :D

I don't really understand the Electoral College. It kinda seems like it takes away OUR vote. Because, California is ALWAYS going to vote for the Democratic Nominee, and California has the most votes. Texas is ALWAYS going to vote for the Republican nominee.

message 14: by Pebbles (new)

Pebbles | 29 comments the electoral collage is just not necessary why should a bunch of old white men decide who is president