The Teen Debaters discussion

Political > Alcohol

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments I think that it should be strongly enforced at 21. Or raised to 25.

message 2: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS I think the age is fine, but more strongly enforced. WAY more enforced. Underage teens get a way with it way too much.

Why would you lower. That's a lot more people and a lot more accidents.

message 3: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon (PrincessAnnaLee) | 91 comments in Germany it's 16 I think.

message 4: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Well then your brother drinks illegally, as does many underage teenagers.

Look it's just not right. People that young don't need to be drinking.

message 5: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Kira Criss wrote: "I think you're allowed to drink if you're with your parents at 18. And most people drink responsibly. I mean, my brother drinks beer on special occasions and he's 19. I don't think it's very bad. I..."

That doesn't make it okay. He is technically breaking the law. I have nothing against your brother, but that's just how it is.

message 6: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments It's different. 1 sip doesn't equal a beer.

message 7: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS No it isn't

message 8: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) luhvBOOKS *~Colin Morgan/JD Forever~* wrote: "No it isn't"

Yes, it is

message 9: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Kira Criss wrote: "I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18."

No, just no

message 10: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) 21 is alright. We don't need it lowered or raised. Just leave it at 21.

I think maybe there should be a limit to amounts of drinks people can have like, per week. idkk...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "21 is alright. We don't need it lowered or raised. Just leave it at 21.

I think maybe there should be a limit to amounts of drinks people can have like, per week. idkk..."

Yeah..this is a tough topic. I think alcohol should just be banned except for religious stuff. But I know some people like drinking and stuff and would hate to have it banned, it would be overall good for the country and it's people. Look at how many car accidents there are because of drunk driving even though it's illegal. And the crazy stuff people do sometimes when they're really drunk...
Drinking really isn't good for you.
I know many/some people drink responsibly, but I'm talking about the general public. Overall, no drunk people=a safer America.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't even like the taste of alcohol, but I'm sure that will change in the not-to-distant future.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "Kira Criss wrote: "I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18."

No, just no"

I think that's a terrible idea. There'd be even more deaths of drunk driving teens.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

When I say that alcohol should be banned I only mean the highly concentrated one that totally makes you completely drunk. I suppose a light drink here or there for somebody overage is okay.

message 15: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "I don't even like the taste of alcohol, but I'm sure that will change in the not-to-distant future."

me neither tastes like mulled sneakers

message 16: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Asmaa wrote: "When I say that alcohol should be banned I only mean the highly concentrated one that totally makes you completely drunk. I suppose a light drink here or there for somebody overage is okay."

yeah that makes sense

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "I don't even like the taste of alcohol, but I'm sure that will change in the not-to-distant future."

me neither tastes like mulled sneakers"

Lol maybe it's an acquired taste.

message 18: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Asmaa wrote: "Libby wrote: "Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "I don't even like the taste of alcohol, but I'm sure that will change in the not-to-distant future."

me neither tastes like mulled sneakers"

Lol ma..."

Lol probably xD

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

or maybe people dont really like the taste but only like how it makes them feel.

message 20: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Libby wrote: "21 is alright. We don't need it lowered or raised. Just leave it at 21.

I think maybe there should be a limit to amounts of drinks people can have like, per week. idkk..."

Howtheheck are you going to regulate that?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Kira Criss wrote: "Nah, it's an acquired taste. Your taste buds usually change and then it actually tastes good. xD"

Ah.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

luhvBOOKS *~Colin Morgan/JD Forever~* wrote: "Libby wrote: "21 is alright. We don't need it lowered or raised. Just leave it at 21.

Howthehec..."

Yeah I agree. It would be next to impossible to regulate a rule like that n

message 23: by Yuman (last edited Feb 24, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments Alcohol consumption should be waaaay more regulated....
and i want the age limit to be pushed up to like 26 or something. Except of course for the occasional religious ceremonies....

message 24: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS 26?? Nah, I think 21 is fine. Maybe 23.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

luhvBOOKS *~Colin Morgan/JD Forever~* wrote: "26?? Nah, I think 21 is fine. Maybe 23."

yeah...

message 26: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) 21 is alright. People are already pushing 21, there'd be like a full fledged revolt if we raised it.

message 27: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS True,true. 21 is good.

message 28: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments true...but i can still hope, can't I? :)

message 29: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Of course you can.

message 30: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments 21 is the limit. Most people start drinking at around 18. If the limit was 24, people (probably) wouldn't drink until about 21, when their body is able to handle it.

message 31: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Yumn♣ (as in Yumna) {]يمنى[} wrote: "true...but i can still hope, can't I? :)"

hahah def

message 32: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marianna wrote: "21 is the limit. Most people start drinking at around 18. If the limit was 24, people (probably) wouldn't drink until about 21, when their body is able to handle it."

I don't think so. I think that teenagers would still start at 18. Unfortunately, I don't believe that if the legal age goes up the yearning age also goes up.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "Marianna wrote: "21 is the limit. Most people start drinking at around 18. If the limit was 24, people (probably) wouldn't drink until about 21, when their body is able to handle it."

I don't thin..."

Yeah...and it would make people very angry.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyway, I don't drink and I never wanted to and I never will.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

In Canada, the drinking age is 18.

message 36: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Yes, well, this is America...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

It should be banned

message 38: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Fully banned? Nah, I think that's overwhelming.

Just 21 is good. Maybe 25

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

It's bad for you

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 417 comments Well its OK for religious reasons and the occasional drink at parties maybe

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I think it is bad

message 42: by Johnathan (new)

Johnathan Alcohol is a big deal because we make it a big deal. Were you guys who disagree ever kids?? Mom/dad said don't have sex.... Bought condoms. Don't smoke pot... Bought zig-zags. Don't drink... Mad Dog 50/50. If you protect the world from idiots, a world of idiots is created.

message 43: by An (new)

An I'm totally against alcohol. In the past, I guess you kinda had to use it for anesthesia, but not now. There are so many accidents due to drunk driving, so many unintended pregnancies that are around because two kids were drinking together, and to many dumb people around because they are drinking some junk that kills brain cells. Alcohol consumption is plain stupid.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the drinking age should be eighteen, when a person is full grown.

message 45: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments but thats the age a person starts driving. Driving + Drinking privileges same year?

message 46: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS People start driving at sixteen.

And no, the drinking age is low enough.

message 47: by An (new)

An "People start driving at sixteen."

Depends on the state.

message 48: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Oh. Interesting...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Driving age is sixteen here. But yes, driving+drinking privileges in the same year would be bad. Seems like it would be better for people to start driving after having drinking privileges for a while, so they know what happens when under the influence and will be maybe a bit more careful.

message 50: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Are you implying that the drinking age should be lowered to lower than sixteen?

« previous 1