The Teen Debaters discussion

Political > Waterboarding

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

But sometimes the government needs information out of the terrorists before killing them. I'm not saying waterboarding is a good idea, it's just a thought. I think they should just use a different form of torture.

message 2: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Waterboarding is awful. It's just awful. I totally agree with Kira.

message 3: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS What's a more humane way to torture?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Make them watch the Justin Bieber movie.

lol, jk.

All jokes aside, I think we just need a form of torture that tortures the mind rather than the body. It should cause mental pain, not physical.

Maybe cut-off all connection to any social being? I'm not sure.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

idk, torture should be illegal. and waterboarding is terrible. just the thought makes me shudder.

message 6: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Kira Criss wrote: "I think a more humane way would be a lot better. I don't really know what, but this just scares me."

Humane...way of torture? Whaaa?

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Waterboarding is sad.
I think Rainbow's right, we need mental torture instead of physical. Makes a bigger impact and is less gruesome.

message 8: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) IF we HAVE to torture anyone...

message 9: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Libby ♥ ιм ℓιтєяαℓℓу fαℓℓιи wrote: "Kira Criss wrote: "I think a more humane way would be a lot better. I don't really know what, but this just scares me."

Humane...way of torture? Whaaa?"

Yeah that confused me too

message 10: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "Make them watch the Justin Bieber movie.

lol, jk.

All jokes aside, I think we just need a form of torture that tortures the mind rather than the body. It should cause mental pain, not physical. ..."

I happen to like Justin Bieber.

I kind of asked for an example.

message 11: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Oh, they could come up with all kinds of shizz for mental torture. Just imagine it.

message 12: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) luhvBOOKS *~Colin Morgan/JD Forever~* wrote: "Libby ♥ ιм ℓιтєяαℓℓу fαℓℓιи wrote: "Kira Criss wrote: "I think a more humane way would be a lot better. I don't really know what, but this just scares me."

Humane...way of torture? Whaaa?"

Yeah t..."

xD

message 13: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Kira Criss wrote: "Humane wasn't the word I was looking for. Just a better way, I guess xD"

lol hahha

message 14: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Kira Criss wrote: "Like mental torture. Not physical."

Def.

message 15: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Maybe a simulation of someone they love being threatened...

That's pretty barbaric, though it would mean that no one would be hurt...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Marianna wrote: "Maybe a simulation of someone they love being threatened...

That's pretty barbaric, though it would mean that no one would be hurt..."

Hmmm. That's a good idea, but, like you said, a bit barbaric. It might just boil down to that, as I'm not sure if there would be any other effective way of mental torture.

But then you would have to find out who they love. That might be harder than you think.

I think the idea of complete cut-off from the outside world would be okay for some people, but then there are the hard-core criminals who aren't affected the slightest by that.

message 17: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Yeah, they're there to think up that stuff so that 13 yr old girls on Goodread groups don't have to xD

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol yeah. But waterboarding makes me sick just thinking about it. What if it turns out the person was actually innocent? That's terrible. And even if the person is guilty, still.

message 19: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) I agree. Mental torture if torture is absolutely necessary (the information could save lives) is pretty much the only form I find acceptable.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Libby wrote: "Yeah, they're there to think up that stuff so that 13 yr old girls on Goodread groups don't have to xD"

True 'dat. Besides, we're all emotionally unstable at this point in our lives. I bet we'd all be saying, "Murder our ex-boyfriends in front of them!" Or, "Rip their hair out". The government would be like: O_O

But, yes. Waterboarding just makes me want to vomit. I can't stand it when I get a little water up my nose, and I have a HUGE fear of drowning, even though I can swim pretty good. I don't mind going swimming, just the thought of being trapped in a room while it slowly fills up with water scares me so bad

message 21: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "Libby wrote: "Yeah, they're there to think up that stuff so that 13 yr old girls on Goodread groups don't have to xD"

True 'dat. Besides, we're all emotionally unstable at this point in our lives...."

hahahahahhahahaha i just laughed so hard omg

and omg ik I swim all the time but like drowning really scares me...

message 22: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) They say it's the worst way to die...:(

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, totally. The best way would be to just kinda fall asleep. But I guess if it was the way you die without your own control, I'd like a bullet to the brain. Then maybe hypothermia. In hypothermia you just fall asleep, but you have to endure the freezing cold before that.

Anyway....

message 24: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Okay, let's change this subject xD

message 25: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Haha, lets.

Though, I was just about to put in my most favorable death scenario!!

message 26: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Hahah hey if you want to...xD

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay? Fav death scenario? XD

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Mauled by a bear?

description

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer to either die in my sleep, or in a war.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "Mauled by a bear?

"

lol how'd you post that?!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Kira Criss wrote: "xD it would be awesome. like my children would tell their children about the awesome death i had"

OMG i didnt know you were suicidal!!!!!!!! lol jk

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Kira Criss wrote: "xD it would be awesome. like my children would tell their children about the awesome death i had"

OMG i didnt know you were suicidal!!!!!!!! lol jk

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Upper right hand of the comment box should be something that says "(some html is ok)". Click on that, and it tells you everything you can do.

message 34: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Marie wrote: "She did give an example.

All jokes aside, I think we just need a form of torture that tortures the mind rather than the body. It should cause mental pain, not physical.

Maybe cut-off all connecti..."

They already do that.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "Upper right hand of the comment box should be something that says "(some html is ok)". Click on that, and it tells you everything you can do."

Oh right! Forgot sry, thx ;)

message 36: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) I guess I'd like to die in my sleep or in some heroic way, like hugging the bomb that prevented like another 9/11 scenario.

message 37: by luhvBOOKS (last edited Feb 21, 2012 08:58AM) (new)

luhvBOOKS In my sleep, or of old age and stuff.

Heroically, i'd die for my unborn child. :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd like to die (heroically) if there truly was a Hogwarts and a Wizarding War broke out. I'd die saving all the muggles from Voldemort or something. :D

message 39: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Lol Rainbow, me too!

message 40: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Whoops. Sorry.

message 41: by Yuman (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments wont waterboarding prevent the person from breathing? i mean, "up your nose, in your mouth." You cant breathe from your ear, you know.
I've always wanted to die in war...
that'd be so heroic, and I'd feel good. 3 birds with one stone, because additional to that I'd feel satisfaction at taking out enemies against my side.
But I don't want to die in a war with guns, i want to die in a war with swords.

message 42: by Yuman (last edited Feb 21, 2012 11:03PM) (new)

Yuman (yumnaep) | 590 comments also, in my sleep of old age. no heart attacks for me. and inshaAllah no amnesia. Amnesia's terrible, i bet. Like your memories are slipping away, and you cannot even remember your child's name, but you know you should be able to. How terrifying is it that your own basic knowledge is no longer there??
Grope*grope*
"I CANT FIND IT! WHAT is my child's name???"
"I know I remembered it yesterday" mental torture, I tell ya..

message 43: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Rainbow Dash/Silverstream wrote: "I'd like to die (heroically) if there truly was a Hogwarts and a Wizarding War broke out. I'd die saving all the muggles from Voldemort or something. :D"

ohemgee meee tooo

message 44: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Yumn♣ (as in Yumna) {]يمنى[} wrote: "also, in my sleep of old age. no heart attacks for me. and inshaAllah no amnesia. Amnesia's terrible, i bet. Like your memories are slipping away, and you cannot even remember your child's name, bu..."

amnesia? don't you mean Alzheimer's?

message 45: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS that's what I thought,.

message 46: by Tyrinn (new)

Tyrinn Smuppet | 67 comments No, amnesia is right. Amnesia is losing your memory, and it's one of the symptoms of alzheimers. So it's like, saying it sucks to be coughing, or it sucks to have a cold.

message 47: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Yeah, but you can't really die from it...not that I know of...

message 48: by Tyrinn (new)

Tyrinn Smuppet | 67 comments she didn't say dying from it, just slipping away as it occurred

message 49: by Marianna (new)

Marianna (_________) | 252 comments Ah.

message 50: by Nifty (new)

Nifty | 35 comments Water boarding is so wrong on so many levels. The information they get out of torture isn't even accurate, for god's sake! So I really don't see the point.

« previous 1