Reading with Style discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Spring 2012 20.4 - El Ateneo

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz M (last edited Feb 18, 2012 01:45PM) (new)

Liz M 20.4 In honor of El Ateneo bookstore, a bookshop converted from an old theatre in downtown Buenos Aires, Read a Book that has been made into a movie.

ETA: books are not limited to those listed on the linked webpage. Please include a reference to the book/movie. For example, who knew there was a movie version of James Joyce's Ulysses?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11844 comments It's worth noting that you can browse this list by either title or author, as well as by movie title.

message 3: by Liz M (new)

Liz M And it's worth noting ANY book made into a movie works for this task, not just those on the linked webpage.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11844 comments Clarification: are we talking movies in the traditional sense, and not video, as in TV series?

message 6: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2412 comments Time to re-read The Hunger Games before going to see the movie at end of March!! Great (timing) Task ;)

message 7: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Clarification: are we talking movies in the traditional sense, and not video, as in TV series?"

Movies, mini-series, and made for TV movies are all acceptable.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11844 comments Liz M wrote: "Movies, mini-series, and made for TV movies are all acceptable. "

:-)

Now, how can I read the entire Barsetshire series with all the other books I've already ID'd for this challenge!?!

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) | 859 comments I found that "Profiles in Courage" was the basis for a tv series in 1964-5, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057780/. The series covers the people in the book but several episodes cover others not included in the book. Would it count? This would be for combo points as it fits category 10.4.

message 10: by Liz M (new)

Liz M Don wrote: "I found that "Profiles in Courage" was the basis for a tv series in 1964-5, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057780/. The series covers the people in the book but several episodes cover others not inc..."

If all the stories in the book are included in the TV series, yes it fits.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2261 comments Could I use Pretty Little Liars for this task since it is now a TV series?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.