What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Desert Heat (Zebra Lovegram)
This topic is about Desert Heat
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. old 70s or 80s romance novel, spunky heroine hires captain to help her look for her missing brother, or cousin. He has stopped corresponding with her. Sex when she is tied to a pole. [s]

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trica (last edited Feb 18, 2012 03:10AM) (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Hello. This was the 1st steamy romance book I ever read when I was still in middle school and yet,20yrs. later, the book still haunts me. Been looking for the name of it now for over 8 yrs. I imagine its out of print since I read it around the late 1980s-early 1990s. The book has a young, blonde woman whom I believe is American and from Boston and has to hire a captain to help her look for her missing brother, or cousin. He has stopped corresponding with her. Thru the book, the captain, whom heroine can not stand when she first meets him, and doesn't want to hire him,thinks she is an prissy, spoilt, rich girl and antagonizes her by calling her I think, "Doll" or "Princess" to her face but she shows him a thing or two. Heroine is very spunky and sassy. Hero personality is an alpha male kind of like Indiana Jones is in the Temple of Doom. The sexual tension between them is so great that they argue all throughout the book while traveling on the sea looking for brother or cousin. Sex scene I can remember is that they travel on a boat in the sea and somehow she gets stuck on some island or jungle and gets tied to a pole where the hero saves her but he has sex with her first while she is still tied up. I believe she was still tied to the pole(this was a great sex scene) and somehow at the end of the scene there running to the boat to get away from the people who tied her up. I think they also took her underwear..lol. At the end of book, they finally find missing brother who says he wants to stay in this weird compound community resort like island place where everyone is wearing all white colored clothes and seems brainwashed with some leader who had freaky eyes who was in charge of the resort. They (hero and heroine talk about how the place is cult like and I think the compound had security guards around it. Book is hilarious, steamy, and weird all in one. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS BOOK!!!

message 2: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 545 comments Maybe Catherine and the Pirate by Karen Hawkins

Catherine and the Pirate by Karen Hawkins

CATHERINE
Born to a prominent Boston family, Catherine Markham is a bit of a hellion despite her gentle upbringing. Stifled by the rules imposed by society, Catherine yearns for adventure. When her beloved brother is kidnapped, she decides to deliver the ransom herself -- with the help of a young man few others might turn to.

THE PIRATE
Derrick St. John lives on the edge. The memory of his dead father tainted by treason, Derrick's life has been spent at sea in both legal and not-so-legal pursuits. Determined to clear his father's name, the last thing this young pirate wants is to embark on a voyage to Savannah in the midst of a war with the British, much less with a young lady who spells trouble at every turn.

An emotion stronger than caution takes hold of Derrick, and he finds himself unable to refuse Catherine's pleas for assistance, even though the journey promises peril for them both. And so the headstrong girl and the daring sea captain sail into an exhilarating adventure that fast becomes a journey of the heart.

message 3: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 545 comments Or Dara's Desire by Kay McMahon

Alluring and headstrong, Dara Brandon left her family home to search for her missing brother, but discovered instead the secrets of love in the arms of a mysterious stranger. His cold piercing eyes turned her blood to liquid fire. His tender caress aroused her raw naked desire. And though she knew she should run from his ardent embrace - she became a willing captive of her newly awakened passion.

Pirate, traitor, rogue...Justin Whitelaw always took what he wanted no matter what the cost. And once he found Dara on the dark deserted pier, he knew he had to have her, had to make her his own. Never had he seen such fragile beauty. Never had he tasted lips so sensuous or sweet. She was a treasure, a temptress, a luscious dream come true - and he vowed that he'd be the only man to ever fulfill...Dara's Desire.

message 4: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments (Crossing my fingers)I will check out both of these books and see which one it is, but Dara's Desire cover looks familiar...we'll see!!!!! THANKS!!!

message 5: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Please post again after you check and tell us which one (if any) of these is the book you are looking for. If your book is found, we need to do book group housekeeping and move the folder and add the book to the group's bookshelf.

message 6: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Needleroozer wrote: "Please post again after you check and tell us which one (if any) of these is the book you are looking for. If your book is found, we need to do book group housekeeping and move the folder and add t..."

Will do...Thanks.

message 7: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Hello and thanks Jenny G for the books but no, they are not the book I'm looking for. The book I'm looking for has them going to a jungle and they have sex while in the jungle.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Trica, are you still looking for this book?

message 9: by Trica (last edited Oct 04, 2013 04:40PM) (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Yes, I am still looking for this book. I read all the other suggestions and their not it.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Tricia--if you bump the thread every month or two, it will keep it in people's minds. And it will keep it high enough up that new members will see it and one of them might recognize it.

message 11: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Tricia--if you bump the thread every month or two, it will keep it in people's minds. And it will keep it high enough up that new members will see it and one of them might recognize it."

How do I bump the thread up?

message 12: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Trica, are you still looking for this book?"

Yes I am still looking

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Just write "bump."

message 14: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Just write "bump.""

Ok..thanks. : )

message 15: by JennyG (new) - added it

JennyG | 545 comments Trica, is this book historical or contemporary?

message 16: by Trica (last edited Oct 05, 2013 12:31AM) (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments It had a historical and contemporary kind of feel. It wasn't in the Victorian era. The heroine was wearing pants. And the antihero (he was a rough around the edges kind of guy) who she gets recommended to see. She first finds him in a bar/tavern drinking I believe and can't believe this is the guy who is supposed to take her on sea. I belive she also only had her granfather left and brother who she wanted to find. I don't know what happened to her parents I just know she came from money. I think the anti hero name is Flynn (He was not the type of hero who wanted to save the day. He just had to because he was the only one around to.)

message 17: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments Bump

message 18: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1126 comments Maybe one of these?

Stormswept Caress ~ Pamela Caldwell

Flaxen-haired heiress Margaret Belleweather had traveled halfway around the world in search of her errant brother. Now, in sin-filled Singapore, where every misfit and black sheep ended up, she had come almost to the end of her search. Determined to comb the high seas and visit every exotic port of call, Margaret wheedled her way aboard a clipper ship captained by Richard Jensen, a swash-buckling adventurer whose every glance made her blush. The tropical nights were long and hot, and as the Java flew over the azure seas--Sumatra, Borneo, Bali--Margaret's British restraint relaxed...her passions bloomed. She knew she must invite Richard's fiery touch, feel his broad chest against her delicate body, and know at last the ecstasy of love's fulfillment--just for one night! Captain Richard Jensen rarely took passengers on the Java, and never did he let a woman on board! He'd left his bitter past on the American frontier, and his sleek ship was mistress enough for him! The hauntingly lovely English miss had made him weaken for a moment, but he'd keep her at arm's length, for sure. But when the sun kissed her long golden hair and the reflection of the ocean's waves danced in her lovely eyes, the tough minded captain's arms reached out to hold her...just this once. But the moment his lips touched hers, he was lost! No ocean was wide enough, no voyage long enough to sate the desire she had awakened. He would savor her lush caresses, and together they would crest the waves of passion in a rising tide of rapture!

Midnight Treasure ~ Katharine Kincaid

A PASSIONATE DECEPTION
Feisty Kathleen Montgomery would defy the stormy Caribbean sea itself to salvage its valuable treasures and save her family's vast island plantation. So when handsome sea captain Jonas Irons came looking for his lost brother, Kate began a desperate deception to thwart his search and send him away forever. But she couldn't hide the flares of desire that the captain's deep sea-blue eyes sparked in her reckless soul. Nor could she control the wanton longing to brand his bronzed body and stern heart with hungry, demanding kisses --- and forever hold him her passionate prisoner.

A DANGEROUS TEMPTATION
Captain Jonas Irons had fought many a peril, but he suspected this red-haired minx was by far the most dangerous. Nevertheless, he vowed to discover the truth about his brother's disappearance --- even if it meant braving the golden heat of this spirited temptress's shimmering cat-eyes and daring to taste the sweet fire of her lips. He'd breach her defenses, then master her with the wild, wanton satisfaction of his every desire.

Defiant Spitfire ~ Kay McMahon

FARMGIRL'S HERO

Frantic that her jailed brother would be killed by the Redcoats, desperate Brittany Lockwood had no choice but to appeal to notorious Dane Remington for help. When the raven-haired captain agreed to take her part, the innocent blond beauty promised him her house her farm, anything in thanks for his aid. But when the heartless blackguard proclaimed he'd accept only her virtue in payment, Brittany was outraged. The insulted young lady would keep her word and submit to the sinuous daredevil--then get even and slay him for his underhanded ways!

ROGUE'S PLAYTHING

Towering Dane Remington was amused when his embrace turned demure Brittany Lockwood into a fighting she-cat. He liked his women beautiful, and he liked them with spirit, and this one was sure not to disappoint! But when the hot-blooded privateer traced her luscious curves and tasted her honeysweet lips, he realized he wanted her not vengeful and angry but passionate and willing. Determined to love her again and again until she cried out her pleasure Dane growled he’d free her from his bed only after he’d tamed and conquered the rebellious DEFIANT SPITFIRE

Desert Heat ~ Evelyn Rogers

FIERY PASSION

When her social-climbing mother decided to marry her off to some empty-headed fop, Jayne Worthington decided that the time had come to leave the foolish frivolity of New York society far behind. But embarking on a search for her beloved, long-lost brother was no easy task ... nor was resisting the rugged charms of the arrogant stranger she encountered on the waterfront! All she wanted was to book passage on Andrew MacGregor's clipper ship bound for the Mediterranean. but all he desired was a willing female to warm his cabin bed -- and possess in passion's ultimate embrace!

SCORCHING DESIRE

The bastard son of a Highlands laird, Andrew was determined to make his way in the world alone and tied to no woman. But his unwanted passenger was far from undesirable, and the moment he captured her lips with his, he knew she would soon belong to him -- body and soul! With kisses of intoxicating delight, the determined sea captain plotted his course of seduction and conquest .. on a voyage that would take them from the high seas to the golden sands of exotic Tripoli. And, as sizzling desires ignited beneath a blazing eastern sky, he vowed to keep the ebony-eyed beauty with him forever, as together, they surrendered to the fiery rapture of their searing... DESERT HEAT.

Stormswept Caress

Midnight Treasure

Defiant Spitfire

Desert Heat

message 19: by Trica (last edited Nov 30, 2013 09:23PM) (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments I will get these books and hopefully (fingers crossed) one of these books happens to be my book. : )

message 20: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Be sure to come back and let us know if you do find it Trica. If none of them ARE the book, see if you can figure out where they went wrong, and add a post about that. Sometimes, what's wrong with the suggestions will lead to finding the correct title.

message 21: by Trica (new)

Trica (Micheapet) | 12 comments SOLVED...Thank-you Amber...needless to say...I got some parts wrong.. (I read this when I was apparently too young...lol) but it was DESERT HEAT!!@

message 22: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1126 comments Trica wrote: "SOLVED...Thank-you Amber...needless to say...I got some parts wrong.. (I read this when I was apparently too young...lol) but it was DESERT HEAT!!@"

You're welcome. Glad I could help you find the book. I just purchased the Kindle edition.