Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Kate Daniels: The Books > Magic Dreams (book 4.5)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:21AM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I really enjoyed that story.

At first I didn't know if the whole concept of Dali being a half blind vegetarian tiger wasn't too ridiculous but it turned out to be fun.

I love Japanese culture and the language which makes her shodo magic really interesting for me. It's cool that she's not a fighter but using her intelligence to solve problems.

The Japanese demons were very intresting and I kind of felt bad for the woman who died. But that doesn't excuse what she did later.

The black market reminded me of the real (Asian) black markets where animal parts are sold. :-(

But to be honest, I don't need a whole book about Dali and Jim. I like them both but that short story is enough for me.

I fear it will be a repetition of Raphael and Andrea. We get some drama in the KD books and then have to read a whole book where they reconcile.

message 2: by Arushi (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:52AM) (new)

Arushi | 124 comments I loved the story too :)
I just never figured out how come Dali's family is not part of the Pack (and if they are, how come they've never met Jim before?) Or maybe not all of them are Tigers? Maybe they can all just do magic?

If you have a clue, lemme know.

I liked the Japanese touch a lot too, as well as the Asian lady act Dali's mom put up.

I also loved Jim and Dali together.. especially when she threatened him, after the newspaper thing.

I think I agree though.. unless something drastic happens, Jim and Dali don't really need a book of their own. It'll be fine to just give them more space in the KD books.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) That's a good question about Dali's family and the Pack. I have no idea.

message 4: by Arushi (new)

Arushi | 124 comments Hummmm.. we now know that Dali and Jim will get their own book, so hopefully all of that will get cleared up then.
Speaking of Jim.. did you read the Twitter things b/w Jim, Kate and Curran that IA posted on their website?
One of them (Part 2) is a spoiler for the start of Magic Slays, but the other (Twitter Part 1) is like totally unrelated.

Oh and Part 1 of Chapter 1 of Gunmetal Magic is also posted. If I had any self restraint, I would not have read it *pouts* now I want the rest of the book.

message 5: by Julia26 (new)

Julia26 | 8 comments thanks for the info with the first chapter! I'm also not strong enough to not read it immediatley!!

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) The twitter things are older, right? Then I've read them.

I won't read the first chapter of Gunmetal Magic. I don't mind spoilers at all but I rather read the first chapter together with the rest of the book.

message 7: by Julia26 (new)

Julia26 | 8 comments yes, the twitter things are older!